Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we'll have footy in the summer rather than the usual shit weather we have to enjoy.

I've not missed it actually. Going down the KP had become a bit joyless if I'm honest.

Hopefully the fans who had started taking our incredible positin for granted might get some passion back after this.

Latest hints are lockdown until June, possibly untilOctober.
Sources (not Sky) say if league isn’t resumed by July, this season could be void.

How’s that tat looking scouse boy? :)

Latest hints are lockdown until June, possibly untilOctober.
Sources (not Sky) say if league isn’t resumed by July, this season could be void.

It will also mean that we will lose that biggest away win all-time record, and possibly our third best league season ever.

It will also mean that we will lose that biggest away win all-time record, and possibly our third best league season ever.
That is my one concern if the season gets cancelled, but hey, feck all I can do about it

Nope, I haven’t missed the football one bit.

With the nice weather it just feels a bit like the summer break to me. It’ll return soon enough, with the Premier League no doubt giving itself a massive pat on the back for bringing joy and hope back to the people. If anything I hope football as a whole learns a lesson about it’s rampant greed and things like unnecessarily dragging people all over the globe for a 90 minute game. Maybe shit like this will stop; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52040579

The bubble has been growing for years and years and we’ve now seen how easily it can burst. Having come within what felt like days of losing my job and my house it made me feel physically sick seeing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain doing a little dance routine on his marble staircase.

I do kind of miss Match days though I guess.

No wonder he's dancing though. He'll have access to testing. It's reassuring for me to know pretty much every otherwise healthy public figure or celebrity is tested for their mild symptoms.

"Premier League 'to restart in July after deal reached in private meeting with Government'"
I really can't imagine footballers and all of the necessary retinue being allowed to travel twice a week if the rest of us are still in lockdown.

I've got a Scouse boy friend who is quite at home with the proposal. He does support Everton mind.

I've got a Scouse boy friend who is quite at home with the proposal. He does support Everton mind.
Please note the gap between 'boy' and 'friend'.

MOTD to return this weekend

discussing the top ten Premier League captains, Wes at number 10

Just watched this. Real lack of appreciation for the class of 15/16 from Shearer.... right place right time, just got on a roll, all other clubs in transition.

At one stage asked if Wes Morgan was in the top 10 why not Tim Sherwood for the Blackburn title win.

Although none of them mentioned Wes’ leadership qualities, which surely is the point of a top ten captains list.

They kept contradicting themselves as to what was most important, and they completely forgot to ask the most important question, is: who would win in a fight?

That's taking social distancing too far, Boc.

Nope, I haven’t missed the football one bit.

With the nice weather it just feels a bit like the summer break to me. It’ll return soon enough, with the Premier League no doubt giving itself a massive pat on the back for bringing joy and hope back to the people. If anything I hope football as a whole learns a lesson about it’s rampant greed and things like unnecessarily dragging people all over the globe for a 90 minute game. Maybe shit like this will stop; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52040579

The bubble has been growing for years and years and we’ve now seen how easily it can burst. Having come within what felt like days of losing my job and my house it made me feel physically sick seeing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain doing a little dance routine on his marble staircase.

I do kind of miss Match days though I guess.
Hard post to read as I’m sure we’re all experiencing similar or know someone who is.
the celebrity thing is really getting on my tits. Someone said it’s going to be a very different experience for those with large properties and gardens, how right they are.
if I see one more of Madonna’s creepy as shit posts it might send me over the edge.

Club just announced they won’t be taking any direct debit payments for season 20/21 until further notice and it has become clear what is happening.
In which, Mike Ashley, you are a ****

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot see the season being finished personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866