Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make the most sense to me - it's better to finish this season and prepare to start the next one late rather than the minefield of shortening this one part way through
I like the use of the word "camps". Can you imagine them all staying in tents, singing round the camp fire at night, before heading off to the local council pitch for a match?

Bundesliga will also try to finish the season behind closed doors.

I like the use of the word "camps". Can you imagine them all staying in tents, singing round the camp fire at night, before heading off to the local council pitch for a match?
Hopefully the lockdown will mean less dogshit to pick off the pitch first then

This could end up being called the phony season! I think the solution is playing behind closed doors and playing every 48 hrs, first the prem, then the championship and then each league in order.

Belgium seem to be going for a creative solution. They’re ending the League as it is now, with Club Brugge as Champions and the CL qualifications according to how the table is now also. No relegations, while OHD Leuven and Beerschot are promoted.

Belgium seem to be going for a creative solution. They’re ending the League as it is now, with Club Brugge as Champions and the CL qualifications according to how the table is now also. No relegations, while OHD Leuven and Beerschot are promoted.

Wow no convoluted playoff system, weird times indeed

I don’t like some of the quotes in this article.

This bit?

It appeared to suggest that, where competitions did not end on the field, the clubs involved might not qualify for European competition next season.

"Since participation in UEFA club competitions is determined by the sporting result achieved at the end of a full domestic competition, a premature termination would cast doubts about the fulfillment of such condition," it said.

It added that UEFA reserves the right to "assess the entitlement of clubs" to take part in the Champions League and Europa League.

Assess the entitlement of clubs’ basically says ‘we’ll have who we bloody well want in our competition’.

This bit?

It appeared to suggest that, where competitions did not end on the field, the clubs involved might not qualify for European competition next season.

"Since participation in UEFA club competitions is determined by the sporting result achieved at the end of a full domestic competition, a premature termination would cast doubts about the fulfillment of such condition," it said.

It added that UEFA reserves the right to "assess the entitlement of clubs" to take part in the Champions League and Europa League.

Assess the entitlement of clubs’ basically says ‘we’ll have who we bloody well want in our competition’.
Yep, that bit exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758