Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 positive tests today from 3 clubs in the premier league. No way resuming anytime soon.
that's 6 people from nearly 750 tests performed, that is nothing really and better than I thought it would be, they will still continue as planned.

that's 6 people from nearly 750 tests performed, that is nothing really and better than I thought it would be, they will still continue as planned.
Nothing really!!!!!!
Be different if it was your family involved!

If it were 16 or 26 they would still carry on , regardless of any actual common sense whatsoever

Money and greed is driving this whole charade and all other things are secondary, by some distance

footballers are far safer going to work then I am, so frankly the safety argument doesn't wash with me unless we go back to an almost total lock down.

If they have someone at high risk at home then fair enough but that should be sorted on an individual basis

It's certainly fair to say that the money involved is what is driving the push to play. That seems obvious.
and its also nothing to be ashamed of, we are talking about Billions of pounds, a sizeable chunk of which will also end up with the government through taxes.

A countries medical health is also tied to its financial health, you cannot leave everything shut down forever waiting for a vaccine that may not ever come.

Take precautions and follow the German model and they will be as safe as is possible.

and its also nothing to be ashamed of, we are talking about Billions of pounds, a sizeable chunk of which will also end up with the government through taxes.

A countries medical health is also tied to its financial health, you cannot leave everything shut down forever waiting for a vaccine that may not ever come.

Take precautions and follow the German model and they will be as safe as is possible.
I’ve kept quiet on this for a good while but I’m now reaching a point where I agree with this. If footballers can isolate themselves and get regular tests there’s no reason why it shouldn’t go ahead. Like it or not the Premier league is a big export worth a lot of money to everyone involved in it. It would be very different if we were talking about Miss Daisy’s Jam shop being run by her rickety old granny but the fact you can view houses now says to me that they can finish the season behind closed doors. Is it really so ****ing awful? (Matches behind closed doors)

Is it really so ****ing awful? (Matches behind closed doors)

Yes, yes it is

It’s an absolute ****ing abomination of the sport and there is just no valid need whatsoever to do it - it’s ****ing insane

And please, please lets not talk about how it crucial that we do this, cos it’s worth billions of pounds to the economy blah blah blah

That‘s complete horseshit. It‘s a financially bloated cesspit, where millions of pounds are squandered into the pockets of agents, third parties, owners and players who simply don’t need the money

Meanwhile grassroots football is dying on its arse cos all the money goes to the greed obsessed bastards at the top of the game

Spot on homeypants.

This shit show will go down in history as the season that changed the game forever.

They're making a terrible mistake. I can see exactly why some people with a vested interest want this to happen but why any true football supporter would is bewildering to me.

If we go on to win a pointless behind closed doors FA Cup, would you really think it means anything? It's not football. It's a total fake.

Yes, yes it is

It’s an absolute ****ing abomination of the sport and there is just no valid need whatsoever to do it - it’s ****ing insane

And please, please lets not talk about how it crucial that we do this, cos it’s worth billions of pounds to the economy blah blah blah

That‘s complete horseshit. It‘s a financially bloated cesspit, where millions of pounds are squandered into the pockets of agents, third parties, owners and players who simply don’t need the money

Meanwhile grassroots football is dying on its arse cos all the money goes to the greed obsessed bastards at the top of the game
This is about as perfect a summation of this absurd idea as it is possible to get. It's the money laundering arseholes that have turned football into the shit show it has become and it's this same bunch of ****knuckes that will demand the restart of games without fans.

It's a ludicrous idea and shouldn't have been given any real consideration.

Yes, yes it is

Spot on.

Football behind closed doors is nothing, absolutely nothing.

I really hope it sends a shock wave through football, However, it won't.

There are people like Skitzo who don't give a **** about anything else other than having a bit of footy on the TV. The clubs that would go bust are not the ones who have created this disgusting and bloated industry, it's the ones that are suffering because of it.

If this crisis saw some PL clubs going to the wall if they continue on the same path then I'd be all for it.

Now, more than ever, it's very clear that football is **** all to do with fans.

I would like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that the four most rabidly opinionated posters on here (me, homer, pop and Lako) are all in total agreement on this.

That can't have happened before.

I would like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that the four most rabidly opinionated posters on here (me, homer, pop and Lako) are all in total agreement on this.

That can't have happened before.
And perhaps says a lot....

Taking the example of Watford. They have just had three people test positive. Their manager and captain are against returning, with Deeney saying he won't return to training.

What happens if they, as a club, just refuse to play on health grounds? I keep reading that nobody will be forced to return against their will.

Theoretically, our next game is against them. Would you be okay with us getting three points on the way to seeing Watford effectively relegated in their absence?

All it would take is for the notoriously single-minded Watford manager to make a stand and the whole shambles will collapse.

Even if a club came back severely restricted by missing personnel, is it okay for them to play fully fit teams?

I really can't get my head around it. There are so many reasons why it is so wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757