Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we all remember the stories of companies losing out when we went into admin and how bad that was locally, that would be expanded nationally only worse, professional sport isn't simply sport and hasn't been for a very long time it is business on a huge scale, if you want to delude yourself its not then fair enough.

the only thing that would change? When loads of clubs got bust, including the one you support, will that make you change your mind?

I proposed two changes that would safeguard all clubs whilst this is going on earlier in the thread.

Both entirely feasible and the only people that would be worse off for a period are those that have far too much already.

Nobody needs to suffer here. It's football for fecks sake, not a mission to Mars.

I proposed two changes that would safeguard all clubs whilst this is going on earlier in the thread.

Both entirely feasible and the only people that would be worse off for a period are those that have far too much already.

Nobody needs to suffer here. It's football for fecks sake, not a mission to Mars.
footballers aren't going to suffer, they are far safer than any other industry that is back to work, if it is safe for builders why isn't it safe for footballers?

footballers aren't going to suffer, they are far safer than any other industry that is back to work, if it is safe for builders why isn't it safe for footballers?
Builders aren't wrestling each other to be the first to head a bag of cement into a mixer?

Builders aren't wrestling each other to be the first to head a bag of cement into a mixer?
then get refs to enforce the rules of the game fore once and stop that wrestling, footballers will be tested multiple times per week once they get back to playing, they will be the safest industry on the planet when it comes to Covid-19, safety simply isn't a reason to not return.

anyone that tests positive is quarantined until they can pass multiple tests and then they are allowed to return.

You establish a protocol and stick to it, with no exceptions and it will work.

then get refs to enforce the rules of the game fore once and stop that wrestling, footballers will be tested multiple times per week once they get back to playing, they will be the safest industry on the planet when it comes to Covid-19, safety simply isn't a reason to not return.

anyone that tests positive is quarantined until they can pass multiple tests and then they are allowed to return.

You establish a protocol and stick to it, with no exceptions and it will work.

Which other area of the game will you change? No walls at free kicks? No man marking? No tackling? No throw ins? No heading? No spitting? No shouting? No celebrating?

Which other area of the game will you change? No walls at free kicks? No man marking? No tackling? No throw ins? No heading? No spitting? No shouting? No celebrating?
wrestling isn't permitted in the rules of the game the other things are so no need to change them given everyone on the pitch will have passed multiple tests in order to be permitted to be there.

if people don't want football without fans that's a POV I understand but disagree with but saying it wouldn't be safe is simply wrong

you're an idiot, wrestling isn't permitted in the rules of the game the other things are so no need to change them given everyone on the pitch will have passed multiple tests in order to be permitted to be there
Imagine "wrestling" in terms of jostling for position, not in terms of Hulk Hogan. I think it's a reasonable word to use, in terms of the way players attack the ball/eachother.

Imagine "wrestling" in terms of jostling for position, not in terms of Hulk Hogan. I think it's a reasonable word to use, in terms of the way players attack the ball/eachother.
its not though Wrestling is what Huth and Morgan did at corners grabbing players and stopping them from making runs, jostling has always been permitted, its about out manoeuvring you opponent to gain an advantage not simply grabbing them and moving them into position.

I watched the Bundesliga this past weekend the way the game was played was the same as it always was, there were strong tackles lots of contact etc. the lack of fans was eerie to begin with but the games themselves were enjoyable to watch.

If we win the FA Cup (if it continues behind closed doors), it wouldn’t count as an FA Cup win in my eyes.

That’s how strongly I feel about playing football without fans. Similar with Liverpool winning the Premier League without any fans there. Imagine them lifting the trophy in front of no one - all those Liverpool fans waiting 30 years for a title win and then can’t even see it.

Finish this season in January. Do a March to November season in 2021, do the same again in 2022, then have the Qatar World Cup in winter. Then work out how to get back to some level of normality.

If we win the FA Cup (if it continues behind closed doors), it wouldn’t count as an FA Cup win in my eyes.

That’s how strongly I feel about playing football without fans. Similar with Liverpool winning the Premier League without any fans there. Imagine them lifting the trophy in front of no one - all those Liverpool fans waiting 30 years for a title win and then can’t even see it.

Finish this season in January. Do a March to November season in 2021, do the same again in 2022, then have the Qatar World Cup in winter. Then work out how to get back to some level of normality.
if they chose to do that instead then fine but they don't seem interested, not sure what they are doing with the FA Cup yet, I haven't seen it mentioned tbh.

there is a problem with loans and contracts though with are structured until 30th June in most cases which is probably why they are resistant to changing it, also there would have to be a month long (maybe longer) break for the Euros next summer which would need top be factored in

What's all the fuss about playing behind closed doors without any fans, from what I hear that would be just like the last five to ten minutes at a normal home game at the KP.;)

its not though Wrestling is what Huth and Morgan did at corners grabbing players and stopping them from making runs, jostling has always been permitted, its about out manoeuvring you opponent to gain an advantage not simply grabbing them and moving them into position.

I watched the Bundesliga this past weekend the way the game was played was the same as it always was, there were strong tackles lots of contact etc. the lack of fans was eerie to begin with but the games themselves were enjoyable to watch.
There's not really a lot I can say is there. I think you get the point I'm trying to make.

if they chose to do that instead then fine but they don't seem interested, not sure what they are doing with the FA Cup yet, I haven't seen it mentioned tbh.

there is a problem with loans and contracts though with are structured until 30th June in most cases which is probably why they are resistant to changing it, also there would have to be a month long (maybe longer) break for the Euros next summer which would need top be factored in
**** the Euros. That’s going to be an absolute farce being spread all over Europe anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757