Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw in the papers this morning that the FA are hoping the FA Cup final on 1st August will be the first to have fans back in the ground, under a reduced capacity

For us it will 5,000 friends and family of the players and officials, 5,000 mates of people from the ticket office

Chances of us getting in would be nil

Enough people have reverted to 'normal' in this country for us to be a true experiment for the world. What happens when the infection rate is around '1' and yet most go about their lives as usual?

If the virus doesn't come back strongly over the next few weeks, I think I will join with everyone else and say 'feck it' and go back to living as we did.

By the time we hit July, either we'll be in a horrific mess as a country with people hounding the government out or we'll be demanding our tickets for matches.

So by 1st August FA Cup Final, there should either by 90k there or it won't be happening at all.

So, competitive football of some kind will be happening soon. Is there any thoughts/allowance for 'pre-season' friendlies at all?

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, and I know, I know, I know, I know that everyting is silly but serious regarding the re-start of football. It will affect a lot of people when the games start. How? Like so much about this current situation, no-one knows the answer.

Piped in crowd noise and pictures of fans on the seats at Leverkusen right now

The crowd sounds are not that bad, actually

Piped in crowd noise and pictures of fans on the seats at Leverkusen right now

The crowd sounds are not that bad, actually
Obviously it would be better if actual fans are there, but given we are where we are and that’s not possible, do you think it sounds better than having no noise? I’m not watching it, so am just curious.

Obviously it would be better if actual fans are there, but given we are where we are and that’s not possible, do you think it sounds better than having no noise? I’m not watching it, so am just curious.

Yes, it’s a lot better

It’s still shit, obviously

Are they actually piped in or just added in the TV feed? A couple of games here have had the crowd added by the broadcast station, I didn't care much for it, I think it made the game seem a bit contrived. Having spent many years watching non league football I don't mind empty stadiums and hearing the players and coaches, even if I can't understand what they're saying.

When the Premier League starts again I wonder what will happen as the language that will now be heard will be a broadcasters nightmare.

Could be a TV feed - dunno

either way it’s better than the previous games in complete silence

As I said, it’s still totally shit

There’s no sound of the ball being kicked or the ref’s whistle and presumably half the thinking behind it is to remove the bad language from the players which you can hear clearly in an empty stadium.

Just realised that Aleksander Dragovic is playing for Leverkusen

I’m sure I read somewhere that they are using crowd noise recorded for FIFA or PES games.

Can’t find the article now.

the crowd sounds is being overlaid by TV companies not into the stadium, the sound is actually taken from FIFA 20

There’s no such fake noise in the Dortmund game, so perhaps not

And it’s ****ing awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371