Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

I notice the talk of 'pressure' has begun in the Mercury.....

Is this the first time Mr Holloway could be in danger from being at a club under 'real' pressure? Right now not, but two more defeats in a row (extremely possible) and he could well be. Would he have faced the same pressure at his previous tenures?

Be interesting to see how he handles this. We all feel it's time to make changes, stop playing certain players in certain positions. Will he go with out point of view, or stubbornly stick to his Hayles and Hume decisions I wonder....?

Next two games, are actually huge, fact.

watford, nil points
norwich, nil points (god only knows how we didn't get beaten 5-0 at their place)

we are more fecked this season than previous ones, this will end badly this year.

watford, nil points
norwich, nil points (god only knows how we didn't get beaten 5-0 at their place)

we are more fecked this season than previous ones, this will end badly this year.

But you also said that last year, and the year before, and the year before

I notice the talk of 'pressure' has begun in the Mercury.....

Is this the first time Mr Holloway could be in danger from being at a club under 'real' pressure? Right now not, but two more defeats in a row (extremely possible) and he could well be. Would he have faced the same pressure at his previous tenures?

Be interesting to see how he handles this. We all feel it's time to make changes, stop playing certain players in certain positions. Will he go with out point of view, or stubbornly stick to his Hayles and Hume decisions I wonder....?

Alex, when he went to QPR they were in a terrible state. Soon after he joined them, they went into admin too. They went down and got knocked out of the FA Cup the following year by Vauxhall Motors! He was under immense pressure there and turned it around.

Don't think it is anything like as big a job here. However, one thing IH has proved that he needs is time to get things the way he needs them. He needs to add more of his own type of player and get them playing how he wants them to.

IMO we'll be a different side next year so it's just a case of scrambling enough points this season and forgetting about it. Easier said than done I know but we are comfortably good enough to do it.

Last edited:
We are now 5/2 at the bookies to be relegated. The bookies are rarely wrong. The problem as I see it is simple. The clubs that Holloway has been at before have over achieved, so he has never had pressure on him, now at a club where expectation is high, not just from us fans, but from the owner as well. I don't believe Holloway can handle the pressure.

We are now 5/2 at the bookies to be relegated. The bookies are rarely wrong. The problem as I see it is simple. The clubs that Holloway has been at before have over achieved, so he has never had pressure on him, now at a club where expectation is high, not just from us fans, but from the owner as well. I don't believe Holloway can handle the pressure.

what are the odds on the others below us?

Preston 4/3
Scunny 2/5
Colchester 3/5
Cov 3/1

Those were the four others mentioned on SSN.

You missed out Sheff W who were also on shorter odds than us (2-1 I think)

I think EVERYBODY had this disease ridden club should be feeling pressure at the moment, if they're not, it has to be due to lack of brain activity.

I'm sure you can also get odds on the other teams in the division being relegated, but they will be wrong on all but 3 occasions.

They were also wrong the last few seasons when they put us on short odds.

I'm sure you can also get odds on the other teams in the division being relegated, but they will be wrong on all but 3 occasions.

We have never been at odds that short

And apart from that 5/2 are fairly big odds in a Relagation Book.My guess is there will 4 or 5 teams shorter odds than we are for the drop

Either way it points out the flaw in his argument, so I'm happy
Latest odds I found,so if the Bookies are seldom wrong then we should be ok
Scunthorpe 1/3
Colchester 8/15
Preston 13/8
Sheff Wed 5/2
Leicester 3/1
Barnsley 4/1
Coventry 9/2
Southampton 5/1
Blackpool 11/2

Latest odds I found,so if the Bookies are seldom wrong then we should be ok
Scunthorpe 1/3
Colchester 8/15
Preston 13/8
Sheff Wed 5/2
Leicester 3/1
Barnsley 4/1
Coventry 9/2
Southampton 5/1
Blackpool 11/2

Those can change though, but lets hope the bookies are right.

Presumably if we are 5/2 against for relegation, the bookies have at least three clubs on shorter odds. Does not this mean that the bookies feel that those clubs are more likely to go down than we are? And don't forget that it was you who said that the bookies are rarely wrong.

That's not to say that I think we are out of the relegation battle - my 'Points Watch' thread shows clearly that that is where we have been for years - but odds of 5/2 are irrelevant to the question of our league status. It's points that count, and putting more pressure on Holloway by slating him for eviction is not something that will bring us any more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00