Priet and Brooker???

Will Brooker or Priet ever play for the first team in the Premiership this season?

• Hope So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hope Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Hi lads and lasses... I've got the 'Scowcroft Bug...'

Time for another poll...

Personally I would like to see both of them given a chance. I understand the desire to stick with the same players and I understand there is some merit in going for players with experience of the Premiership... BUT it ain't working so what have we got to lose by shaking things up and giving either of these two a go...

Would also like to see Stewart given a go on the wing but that's another story...

I've not seen much of Priet (except for the crewe game) so I can't really comment on whether he merits a first team spot or not.

I'm not sure about Brooker. He played very poorly against Crewe and just didn't impose himself on the wing - Very similar to Gillespie. He would get the ball, run with it, and then lose it. Even when he did manage to get a cross in, they were awful. They would either go sailing over the bar or it would be too deep. Maybe I am being too rash and judging him on one game, but from what I saw, he doesn't seem likely to make the first team in the near future.

I cant vote on that. I dont really want Brooker to play, dont think he's that good, but Priet i'd like to see (when he's not so nervous, like against Crewe)

MarkLcfc said:
I cant vote on that. I dont really want Brooker to play, dont think he's that good, but Priet i'd like to see (when he's not so nervous, like against Crewe)

Do you go to all the reserve games, Mark?

I go to some, i check whos playing first though. I dont go when the oldies are in there cause we do better without them! :D

And i know before you say it! Brooker has been good in the reserves i know, just was pretty poor against Crewe, a team more his level.

Can't really understand why Micky got him in the first place - Even with injuries, I can't see him getting anywhere near the first team......

Its the sort of thing Taylor did, bought some crap - Junior Lewis, that he'd had at every club he'd been at, tried playing in premiership and it just didnt work :cry:

MarkLcfc said:
Its the sort of thing Taylor did, bought some crap - Junior Lewis, that he'd had at every club he'd been at, tried playing in premiership and it just didnt work :cry:

But he's not played in the Premiership yet though, so we don't know. But judging by the Crewe game, i don't want to find out..... :shock:

ScarboroughFox said:
But Paul aint no Ade, and to fair to Ade he was out top scorer so he wasnt that bad, he was just bad. Paul has got some class, and MA thinks highly of him, thats good enough for me on this matter.

Muzzy was out top scorer that season with 11 goals. Ade was a bag of wank, and everyone knew it! :lol:

Brooker was signed to be a squad player.
We have around 30 players in the squad, we can't play them all!

I don't think he's premiership quality, but I'm sure he'll get to play in the premiership later in the season (when we have a few injuries and suspensions), and we should be glad we have experienced players who can come in when needed.

Priet was signed "for the future" as a certain crap manager used to say, but what I've seen of him so far suggests he will be challenging for a place in the team before long. I don't expect him to become a first choice player this season but I imagine we'll see him on the bench a few times.

I'm not really anti-experience! I do like some of the experienced ones such as Izzet & Sinclair & Walker & Elliot as most people do, just not the experienced ones that are not as good as they used to be and we've just got them cause no one else wants them anymore :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757