Public transport help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
It seems I'm in a pickle. Can anybody direct me to a method of travel that will get me to Cardiff in time tomorrow? An additional difficulty is the fact that my bank have cancelled my card and not sent a replacement, which means I can't pre-book anything. Anyone who solves this earns themselves a drink.

It seems I'm in a pickle. Can anybody direct me to a method of travel that will get me to Cardiff in time tomorrow?

It's expensive, but...

National Express from Leicester to Brum - 8.55, arrives at 10:00

Train from New Street to Cardiff Central, 10:30, arrives 12:26

Presumably there will be plenty of local buses to take you to the ground. There don't appear to be any trains running to Ninian Park tomorrow.

It's risky going for National Express without a ticket but that may be the only real option. Early morning trip to St Margarets I think.

Not sure if you can but someone may be able to clarify? It may be possible to book using one of those prepaid MasterCard things which are available from loads of corner shops, could solve the issue of not having a card to book on.

Presumably there will be plenty of local buses to take you to the ground. There don't appear to be any trains running to Ninian Park tomorrow.
Never are on a Sunday.

Could try going to Grangetown station which is now where they're encouraging our fans to go. Straight up Sloper Road to the ground from there. Any Penarth or Barry train from platform 7 Cardiff Central. Barry trains are an eye opener.
Don't take a bus if you're arriving 12:26, you'll miss the kick off.

Quicker to walk than take the bus. Left out of the station on the Millenium Stadium side. Across the Taff and straight up Tudor Road/Ninian Park Road. Then follow the crowd.

Never are on a Sunday.

Could try going to Grangetown station which is now where they're encouraging our fans to go. Straight up Sloper Road to the ground from there. Any Penarth or Barry train from platform 7 Cardiff Central. Barry trains are an eye opener.
Don't take a bus if you're arriving 12:26, you'll miss the kick off.

Quicker to walk than take the bus. Left out of the station on the Millenium Stadium side. Across the Taff and straight up Tudor Road/Ninian Park Road. Then follow the crowd.

No Penarth trains on a Sunday.

Anyway BM walked it on Wednesday night I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00