Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

There you go.
He has turned us into a team that has got no idea.
We pass and go nowhere.
He has made Jamie Vardy look hopeless.
Seen enough.
Next please.

Agreed.

I want him to do well. Perhaps I am jumping the gun and we need to give him a full pre-season but my god we look clueless.
Also, I hate to say it but have we actually made one good big money signing. Silva looks another waste of money to go with Iheanacho, Musa, Mendy and Slimani.

Edit: Ndidi was a good 'un.

We looked much better with Dragovic and Iborra playing, since they dropped out we’ve been crap

To be fair I think Morgan has done well since he's come in. The biggest problem is the continual isolation of Jamie Vardy.

Doesn't deserve the sack. We look like we will be safe, that's the main thing and we are in a sort of transition period. I think Puel has got to really look into his style and how negative we are though lest he winds up like he did at Southampton. We lack the quality to move forward and thus just prefer to keep the ball and play it backwards and or sideways all game until we make a mistake in defense. I want to see players with the ability to take people on and more posession play centrally instead of this triangles on the flanks bollacks. He will hopefully get the summer to add some quality because this is what we are really lacking at the moment. Bare in mind we are also going to lose the only bit of real creative quality we have.

To be fair I think Morgan has done well since he's come in. The biggest problem is the continual isolation of Jamie Vardy.
It’s about the teams play, Dragovic helps that more than Morgan does, it’s that simple

So if Vardy is isolated, is that his problem to find some space to get a ball to him?

The biggest problem is the continual isolation of Jamie Vardy.

Agreed.

We try to play the simple pass, looking good but going nowhere, nothing incisive. We're not moving the ball quickly enough in the danger areas. We give the ball away because we're too damned nonchalant. We get frustrated at the lack of penetration and try to find Vardy with a hopeful ball. Poor sod's on a hiding to nothing. Arbrighton particularly, who's becoming predictable, just drops his shoulder and launches the diagonal ball in... it's too easy for defences to pick those off. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a target man but it's next to pointless doing it with just Vardy there.

yes, he needs to adapt to the way he is being defended as well as us getting him better service and support
Sorry but that’s just potty.

If any team has a goal machine that delivers a goal in the ratio of 1 goal every 2 games then the absolute LAST thing you should do is put that at risk by asking him to do more donkey work to create his own chances.

I think we miss Okazaki far more than we know.

It’s about the teams play, Dragovic helps that more than Morgan does, it’s that simple
Nonsense. Morgan has done nothing at all wrong since he came back and although I was an advocate for Dragovic keeping his place, the fact that Morgan has replaced him and been absolutely fine has nothing whatsoever to do with out massive lack of creativity. As for Iborra, his first two games for us were beyond dreadful and his last two games for us were even worse. He has had a couple of decent performances in between but he isn't the spark we are missing because he's not that type of player. It is the way we are setting up and approaching games and as others have pointed out, the constant isolation of Vardy. You can't 'adapt' to anything when you're not seeing the ball because the midfield are creating nothing and nobody is playing that link up role like Okazaki does.

If any team has a goal machine that delivers a goal in the ratio of 1 goal every 2 games then the absolute LAST thing you should do is put that at risk by asking him to do more donkey work to create his own chances.

Absolutely. It's mind-numbingly simple. ****ing around with your best striker's game when he is a 1 in 2 goalscorer is professional suicide.

That's it isn't it. That's what we are missing. We need him back desperately.

That's it isn't it. That's what we are missing. We need him back desperately.
He is the glue that binds the midfield to Vardy, I can’t quite articulate how but in my opinion he is vital to Vardy’s game.

If we get a point next week at WBA, Puel will have an identical record to Shakespeare when he was sacked.

Has Puel improved anything? I don't see it. He's sucked the energy and life out of too many players to be worth persisting with much longer. Had we stuck with Appleton, I genuinely don't think we'd be any worse off right now and might actually be doing a bit better overall.

Puel is not the right manager for us. It was a weird punt from the outset. Please don't let us make the same mistake as last season and allow somebody who is clearly out of his depth a full pre-season.

He and his football are deadly dull. Next one please . . .

The boredom is more important to me than our points return or league position. Of course I want us to qualify for Europe but I’d rather finish 12th and have a team set up with a bit of dynamism and flair than finish 8th and watch this shit.

I’m bored at football matches. I don’t really think that’s acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757