Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 penn'orth, for what it is worth.

To the Thais, LCFC is a huge business opportunity that happens to nicely fit in with their love of sports, polo and football.

They are in for the long haul - £100+million of debt written off, stadium bought, huge infrastructure upgrades, new training complex on the way.

Crucial to all this success are two things, lots of money coming in and huge amounts of publicity around the world, especially in Asia.

That is only possible if we stay in the Premier League. With Shakey, relegation was a serious possibility, so he had to go. Appleton looked like a 'good' caretaker to steady the ship whilst a new manager was saught.

You cannot always have the manager you want, especially a top manager, because they are already with a team they like, Guardiola etc, would cost too much to prise away, Klopp etc, or would not come at any price, Enrique etc.

In their judgement, Puel was the best available at the time that would come here.

He has achieved the owner's primary goal of keeping us in this league.

Is he good enough to move us to a top six position? Maybe not. I am sure the owners will make that decision at the end of the season when other good managers may become available.

Personally, I see merit in having a team that can maintain possession and pass the ball around. The trouble at the moment is that most of our passing is sideways or backwards, which is neither fun to watch or likely to result in a goal, but the first mistake will gift possession to the opposition in our half of the field.

Slow build up play is fine in theory, but, we have possibly the fastest bunch of midfielders and forwards in the league in Vardy, Mahrez, Gray, Albrighton, Okazaki and Chilwell.

Why is Puel not trying to take advantage of this spe? It does not have to always over the top for just Vardy to run at. Maybe more fast passing into spaces and fewer slow passes to feet?

I am also sure, though I have not checked the stats, that we score more goals and average more points when Okazaki plays, than when he does not.

The lot of you, get a ****ing grip.

Since when did we become Arsenal TV?

Some of you need to remember where we were not so long ago.

No we don't.

I hate sacking managers and I don't want this one sacked either.

The football being served up at the moment is nearly impossible to watch, it's absolutely shit and it really doesn't need to be.

It's just as viable to say we won the league not long ago and use that as a yard stick, both mean **** all.

I'm judging the football at the moment in its own right, and it's garbage.

Nobody should be happy with the anti football we endorse at the moment.

22 attempts with 9 on target tells me it’s less about the style of play, more about a lack of finishing. We had 12 corners, mostly poorly delivered and put in 47 cross of varying quality and accuracy. I am not bored at matches but frustrated that we are unable to covert chances into goals. Stoke and Bournemouth should have been beaten comfortably with the opportunities we had. Puel was unlucky in going with 433 and then Amartey pulling up lame meaning a switch to 352 after 20 mins. We do miss Okazaki as well.

A perfect example of stats not telling the real story.

37 shots my arse.

Where does the 47 crosses number come from? Lineker said it last night but it sounds like lies.
The best cross yesterday was Schmeichel easily.

What's happened to Albrighton? He's gone from being one of the best crossers in the premier league to being a chocolate legged lump. It's inexplicable.

I just don’t look forward to going nowadays. I couldn’t be arsed with the Bournemouth game. I used the weather as an excuse for not going, but really it’s because our brand of football is absolutely abysmal and I can’t bear to watch it any more.

We don’t look like we want to try to win until the last 20 minutes. I can kind of accept this approach against the big teams (even if I don’t agree with it), but at home against Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth it’s ****ing pathetic.

Going to the football shouldn’t feel like a chore. But right now it is and it has to change.

I just don’t look forward to going nowadays. I couldn’t be arsed with the Bournemouth game. I used the weather as an excuse for not going, but really it’s because our brand of football is absolutely abysmal and I can’t bear to watch it any more.

We don’t look like we want to try to win until the last 20 minutes. I can kind of accept this approach against the big teams (even if I don’t agree with it), but at home against Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth it’s ****ing pathetic.

Going to the football shouldn’t feel like a chore. But right now it is and it has to change.

I’m not proud of the fact that I willingly missed the game to finish decorating the bathroom. Although if it was anything like the Stoke game, scrubbing a stubborn bit of excess grout away seems like an appropriate metaphor for Saturday.

Not long left until season ticket renewal talk.

Puel not currently an advertiser's dream

The lot of you, get a ****ing grip.

Since when did we become Arsenal TV?

Some of you need to remember where we were not so long ago.

I moved to Australia in 2011, before that I was season ticket holder since the early 90’s. Not watching every game might hamper my view but The current situation of playing “dour” football but still maintaining 8th in the prem was a dream back then.

After watching a midfield duo of Lee Marshall and Junior Lewis, I’d take today’s team and style any day.

Puel got sacked from Southampton after finishing 8th with a cup final. All the saints were glad he went because of his style. I bet a lot would take him back to avoid the relegation battle that their in.

I’ve always seen a day at the football as more than the football itself. On Saturday I went with my dad and my 5 year old son, that’s what going to watch City is about, for me.

Given some of the turgid shit I’ve watched us serve up over the years, this version of turgid shit is relatively good. Sure, I’d prefer it to be of the variety we served up against spurs and Southampton, rather than that we managed against Stoke and Bournemouth, but it’s still my team and I enjoy it for that.

I’ll be going to West Brom next week with 3 of my mates, looking forward to the day out. The football itself is just a portion of that day.

Stop it Pork Pie, you're offending those who are lucky enough to be able to go every week and now take books or don't want to go anymore because Claude Puel is a horrible man and we no longer play well enough; even though we're comfortably top 10 in the PL.

Oh, the horror.

Stop it Pork Pie, you're offending those who are lucky enough to be able to go every week and now take books or don't want to go anymore because Claude Puel is a horrible man and we no longer play well enough; even though we're comfortably top 10 in the PL.

Oh, the horror.

I can only assume you don’t go, because if you wasted your time and hard earned money going to watch that turgid crap, I’m sure you’d have a different opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757