Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that when I'm watching and getting pissed off with what I see that it has nothing to do with our league position or how we played 5 years ago. It has everything to do with seeing aimless football.

That said, i understand entirely the 'part of a day out' context. I don't have that, and haven't had if for maybe 20 years.

TBF - I don't go as much as I would like to. I do watch most if not every game.

I sympathise wholeheartedly, really I do, but I don't think Puel should be made totally responsible. I see lots of footballers not being brave or playing well enough.

I have seen Puel start to implement changes that I wholeheartedly support. The brand of football we played over the past few years has to be tweaked and by playing a more possession-based style of football I see as a great progression. It will take time, but in the end we will be a far better side.

I can only assume you don’t go, because if you wasted your time and hard earned money going to watch that turgid crap, I’m sure you’d have a different opinion.
I do go.

I’m a STH and, because I go with my dad, he likes to go in a way that he enjoys, so our STs are corporate and have been for many years. I therefore spend a hell of a lot on my tickets, but I still enjoy it whatever happens. That doesn't mean that I don't feel the need to moan like feck about the actual games, sometimes, but I still enjoy going and I guess that's where I maybe see it differently.

"It may be complete and utter shite, but it's not as shite as it was under Megson* so get back in your box and be grateful"

*(or Levein/Holloway/McLintock etc. etc. according to your own preference)

Seems to be our new club motto

Look on the bright side - now when you boo when the team names are read out not everyone looks at you like you are mad. Soon, perhaps, we might even see someone mince daintily across the pitch to throw their season ticket at the manager.

I think the chances generated is a fair point, but generally they aren't of good quality. Morgan (header from close in) and Mahrez (almost a one-on-one) on Saturday have been criticised for missing "open goals" but they didn't look like that to me, even if they'd have been converted in 15-16, that run wasn't going to go on for ever.

It is frustrating that we're working so hard to create these chances, and at the other end (through abysmal defending at set pieces and my particular bugbear, giving the ball away so carelessly in our own half) conceding so cheaply.

How this would be improved by yet another change of manager other than dumb luck escapes me, but these threads are rubber bones to the Pooters of this world so let them chew ... and ... chew ... away

I think we ought give Bergovic some credit over Mahrez's missed chance. He came out quickly, closing down Mahrez's space and spread himself. Mahrez tried a deft little flick that, if it had come off, would have looked very neat indeed but Bergovic did everything he was supposed to do.

You'll probably take this as a compliment David, but you're living in the past.

This has been said so often by people who know me that it is probably true. No doubt as a gentleman you intended it as a compliment.

There were many ways in which things seem to me to have gone down hill in both football and society. However, on balance things are substantially better in both. I love the sight of the beautiful pitch in winter. I love seeing great foreign players. I prefer the King Power to Filbert Street.

There are two forms of leadership. There is crisis management and there is building for the future. Claude has solved the relegation crisis. It is far too soon to judge the building although his one signing Diabate looks very promising.

In 2016 Claudio Ranieri counselled "Slowly slowly" I suggest we give Puel at the very least a pre-season.

Did you read my post? I said in it very clearly that I would have kept Dragovic in. That still doesn't mean that I think Morgan's return to the side has been disastrous, it hasn't. I'm far more concerned by the 'performances' of our midfielders than the return of Morgan.

I'm glad you got that off your chest...l hope you feel a lot better now :)

Things are bad but on a par with the end of the Ranieri and Shakespeare era's. Maybe the players are the problem.

Been saying this for ages.

I wish most of them had ****ed off after the Ranieri debacle

Been saying this for ages.

I wish most of them had ****ed off after the Ranieri debacle
This has been said so often by people who know me that it is probably true. No doubt as a gentleman you intended it as a compliment.

There were many ways in which things seem to me to have gone down hill in both football and society. However, on balance things are substantially better in both. I love the sight of the beautiful pitch in winter. I love seeing great foreign players. I prefer the King Power to Filbert Street.

There are two forms of leadership. There is crisis management and there is building for the future. Claude has solved the relegation crisis. It is far too soon to judge the building although his one signing Diabate looks very promising.

In 2016 Claudio Ranieri counselled "Slowly slowly" I suggest we give Puel at the very least a pre-season.
The owners have a big problem. On the one hand Puel has avoided relegation and that was the key target after Shakey's wretched spell and also the pundits have Leicester earmarked as a mid table club and sacking Puel would have them stirring it up and saying that we should be well satisfied being around 8th and that it would prove Leicester are manager sacking trigger happy.

On the other hand Puel will empty the ground with his mind dumbing selections/tactics.

My conclusion is that the owners will not sack Puel before the end of the season at the earliest but unless things unexpectedly drastically improve they won't want to go into next season with an entertainment/ commercial liability. I sense that Puel doesn't really understand Leicester City and the fans expectations - whether they are reasonable or not.

My conclusion is that the owners will not sack Puel before the end of the season at the earliest but unless things unexpectedly drastically improve they won't want to go into next season with an entertainment/ commercial liability. I sense that Puel doesn't really understand Leicester City and the fans expectations - whether they are reasonable or not.

What is there to understand about Leicester City? Fickle fans? One premier league title doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly got a rich history of success playing attractive, free flowing football like the world has never seen before.

Since I’ve been watching our history would have have us having a generally poor midfield that gets bypassed from a long ball over the top to a big man to knock down to the little man (Deane and Dickov, Walsh/Ormondroyd and Joachim, Marshall/Bruno and Clardirge/Cottee)

"It may be complete and utter shite, but it's not as shite as it was under Megson* so get back in your box and be grateful"

*(or Levein/Holloway/McLintock etc. etc. according to your own preference)

Seems to be our new club motto
The Megson era was total arse gravy

I'm glad you got that off your chest...l hope you feel a lot better now :)
Well, a little. I'd feel better if I wasn't asked questions that I'd already answered because folk can't be bothered to read posts properly but hey ho.

Since I’ve been watching our history would have have us having a generally poor midfield that gets bypassed from a long ball over the top to a big man to knock down to the little man (Deane and Dickov, Walsh/Ormondroyd and Joachim, Marshall/Bruno and Clardirge/Cottee)
Are you saying Steve, um, Clardirge was the big man?

Are you saying Steve, um, Clardirge was the big man?

No, for a brief period we had Marshall, Bruno, Claridge and Cottee. Typically Clardige and Cottee were rarely on the pitch at the same time so it was (typically but not always) Bruno or Ian Marshall (big men to win the ball) and Claridge or Cottee (small men to knock it down to)

What is there to understand about Leicester City? Fickle fans? One premier league title doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly got a rich history of success playing attractive, free flowing football like the world has never seen before.

Theres a big difference between needing attractive, free flowing football and not wanting what we're seeing now.

No, for a brief period we had Marshall, Bruno, Claridge and Cottee. Typically Clardige and Cottee were rarely on the pitch at the same time so it was (typically but not always) Bruno or Ian Marshall (big men to win the ball) and Claridge or Cottee (small men to knock it down to)
Ah, I see it. Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758