Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Systems are over-rated. The last really important change in system came with the introduction of two centrebacks - in England Moore & Charlton, in Leicester Cross and Sjoberg. . England's greatest team played without wingers but Sir Alf admitted that this was because he did not have a Matthews or Finney available. So many systems have been tried since then that if 442 or 433 or a diamond was best every manager would use it.

The secret is to adopt the system to the players as Claudio did and not the other way round . What Puel has done is to decide on a system that does not suit the players. A new manager needs to come in and listen to the experienced players - you can be sure that players like Morgan and Fuchs know what has gone wrong and more importantly how to put it right.

And then what? We bring in another manager who (if he has a brain) sees the same as CR and CP and tries to change the style of play only to hit the same wall?

So, just stick with it and keep flogging a dead horse?

Surely someone has to back the manager and give him 12+ months to change what he sees fit and then get the results?

We are in danger of continually knee jerking into giving in to the players and their lack of ability/willingness to change?

To me, so long as we hang on to Vardy plus a couple of others then if the rest are unwilling to adapt then they can leave AHEAD of Puel for me.

We are now at a critical point to make a very important and perhaps look term decision.

The ideal situation is what I think Puel should have done. Make the best of what you've got until you can sell and buy to fit the plan going forward. Playing a formation to suit players we don't have yet makes absolutely **** all sense to me. It's been an age since it was obvious they either can't fit his system or his system is shit. I'd be all for supporting Puel in sending them all packing in the summer if his stubbornness hadn't ruined a good chance of qualifying for Europe and made games unbelievably boring....timewasting for a draw against Southampton being the cherry on top of the turd cake.

The ideal situation is what I think Puel should have done. Make the best of what you've got until you can sell and buy to fit the plan going forward. Playing a formation to suit players we don't have yet makes absolutely **** all sense to me. It's been an age since it was obvious they either can't fit his system or his system is shit. I'd be all for supporting Puel in sending them all packing in the summer if his stubbornness hadn't ruined a good chance of qualifying for Europe and made games unbelievably boring....timewasting for a draw against Southampton being the cherry on top of the turd cake.
Couldn’t have put it any better.

People are talking as though Puel took over a team that was playing well, he didn't, he took over a desperately poor team that was on a downward spiral and looked in real danger of relegation.

Puel secured our safety and has set about transforming the team. Compared to the team he took over we enjoy much more possession, create more quality chances and conceed less from set pieces.

Before Puel we would spend most of games being walked all over and desperately defending our own 18 yard box. That has been replaced by us actually having the ball. It may be sideways passes but it's a step up from wild clearances.

I understand that some people don't like his style, and maybe can't see or don't agree with where he is trying to take us, but don't pretend like Puel inherited a fantastic fast attacking team with amazing players and has spoiled things. The reality of our situation when Puel took over was very different.
Bang on !!

A new manager needs to come in and listen to the experienced players - you can be sure that players like Morgan and Fuchs know what has gone wrong and more importantly how to put it right.

We tried that with Shakespeare.

Exactly. It’s almost as if he thinks that managers outlast players.

This whole sorry episode smacks of Crystal Palace and Frank De Boer.
The De Boer thing is now so long ago that most people have forgotten all about it. But for me it's one of the most ridiculous things to happen all season. Why bring in a man with a plan then panic & ditch him because it hasn't worked almost instantly?

Is this now going to become the norm for teams outside the top 6? Come up with a plan & a manager to move your club forward, shit yourself when it hasn't produced miracles in his first 6 games & replace him with some old duffer who can "do a job" & is "a safe pair of hands" & scrape survival again to keep your nose in the PL trough for another season?

If so then the person making the most money in the PL in the next 5 years is going to be Sam Allardyce's ****ing estate agent.

The De Boer thing is now so long ago that most people have forgotten all about it. But for me it's one of the most ridiculous things to happen all season. Why bring in a man with a plan then panic & ditch him because it hasn't worked almost instantly?

Is this now going to become the norm for teams outside the top 6? Come up with a plan & a manager to move your club forward, shit yourself when it hasn't produced miracles in his first 6 games & replace him with some old duffer who can "do a job" & is "a safe pair of hands" & scrape survival again to keep your nose in the PL trough for another season?

If so then the person making the most money in the PL in the next 5 years is going to be Sam Allardyce's ****ing estate agent.

I think the abnormal number of draws this season between teams outside the top six is another manifestation of this. See if it continues - with us to the fore - next season.

Next season is looking like being one of the most boring in my lifetime.

There aren't enough Saturdays in a week to throw that many away watching nothing.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think it will turn miraculously into football that is remotely watchable.

I wonder what Claude's favourite biscuit is?

And then what? We bring in another manager who (if he has a brain) sees the same as CR and CP and tries to change the style of play only to hit the same wall?

So, just stick with it and keep flogging a dead horse?

Surely someone has to back the manager and give him 12+ months to change what he sees fit and then get the results?

We are in danger of continually knee jerking into giving in to the players and their lack of ability/willingness to change?

To me, so long as we hang on to Vardy plus a couple of others then if the rest are unwilling to adapt then they can leave AHEAD of Puel for me.

We are now at a critical point to make a very important and perhaps look term decision.

Isn't Puel effectively driving Vardy out of the club - e.g. towards a couple of productive seasons with Everton rather then replicating his international experiences with Leicester where he gets no service and isn't likely with Puel's way to get anything better in the future? Vardy thrives on a pacey counter - attacking game not Puel's turgid dross. Most of us can recognise the shortcomings which Puel is trying to address but unfortunately the cure is worse than the shortcomings.

Insiders on foxestalk says he's gone at the end of the season. Woop woop!

Insiders on foxestalk says he's gone at the end of the season. Woop woop!

The last straw appears to be the fact that the 'charm offensive' from Puel over the last week or so has not been supported by the club at all. He's initiated it all himself. He has realised far too late that he's not impressing the people that needed to be impressed.

Sad really. He has blown it. I expect that the players have been aware for a while that he's a dead man walking.

The last straw appears to be the fact that the 'charm offensive' from Puel over the last week or so has not been supported by the club at all. He's initiated it all himself. He has realised far too late that he's not impressing the people that needed to be impressed.

Sad really. He has blown it. I expect that the players have been aware for a while that he's a dead man walking.

The Palace game should confirm whether or not Puel has lost the dressing room.

I don't think he has learned a lot from his time in England. He needs to moderate his act and try his luck elsewhere - but I suspect France is his natural ground. He is too naïve for the PL - as you imply he's probably assumed he was carrying out the owners' wishes......while in reality they knew with the defeat at Burnley that his OTT strategy would empty the ground and lose them lots of money because he didn't seem too bothered about capitalising on the opportunities which presented themselves..... League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League qualification.... nothing seemed to matter as much as imposing his boring style.

Big challenge for the owners is to find a decent manager who will come to Leicester.

Isn't Puel effectively driving Vardy out of the club - e.g. towards a couple of productive seasons with Everton rather then replicating his international experiences with Leicester where he gets no service and isn't likely with Puel's way to get anything better in the future? Vardy thrives on a pacey counter - attacking game not Puel's turgid dross. Most of us can recognise the shortcomings which Puel is trying to address but unfortunately the cure is worse than the shortcomings.
It’s possible of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758