Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larger issue is there is nobody at the club that could take on an assistant manager role so that the recruitment could be deliberate.

Unless Appleton fancies coming back for a bit.

Gone in the summer. Possibly a bit earlier if things go tits up.

I've been thinking this through slightly differently over recent days.

If it's true that we're not looking to spend in January, then I do wonder about the ambition levels. As I've shown previously, our net transfer spending is the same as Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brighton, etc. In short, we've not been spending much for a while now.

We have two major projects underway off the field. We're building a new training ground and expanding the stadium. The cost of this will be circa £250m. Does this mean that our ambitions on the pitch have to be revised?

Is the remit to keep us safe in the league, develop young players with a resale value and tread water whilst we do the building? Other clubs have had to do similar.

Maybe the powers that be at the club see Puel as the ideal man to keep us safe and develop young players without spending much. Meanwhile, the building of the club infrastructure over the next few years will be prioritised.

And that's not even going there on the finances at the club without Vichai in charge. Who knows what the implications of his death have on our ability to invest. Top isn't Vichai's eldest child/son and may well not have the final say over things.

I'm just starting to worry that we're entering a dangerous time and if Puel is seen as a safe pair of hands, he might well be here for 2-3 more years yet.

Benitez is the answer we need to prize him out of Newcastle I think he is leaving at the end of the season.
the answer to what? how to pick a manager that will play more defensive football than Puel and moan in the press almost as much as Jose?

we have a squad full of young players Benitez is not someone that does well with that

I've been thinking this through slightly differently over recent days.

If it's true that we're not looking to spend in January, then I do wonder about the ambition levels. As I've shown previously, our net transfer spending is the same as Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brighton, etc. In short, we've not been spending much for a while now.

We have two major projects underway off the field. We're building a new training ground and expanding the stadium. The cost of this will be circa £250m. Does this mean that our ambitions on the pitch have to be revised?

Is the remit to keep us safe in the league, develop young players with a resale value and tread water whilst we do the building? Other clubs have had to do similar.

Maybe the powers that be at the club see Puel as the ideal man to keep us safe and develop young players without spending much. Meanwhile, the building of the club infrastructure over the next few years will be prioritised.

And that's not even going there on the finances at the club without Vichai in charge. Who knows what the implications of his death have on our ability to invest. Top isn't Vichai's eldest child/son and may well not have the final say over things.

I'm just starting to worry that we're entering a dangerous time and if Puel is seen as a safe pair of hands, he might well be here for 2-3 more years yet.

No point having a big ground full of empty seats.

What concerns me is
Larger issue is there is nobody at the club that could take on an assistant manager role so that the recruitment could be deliberate.

Unless Appleton fancies coming back for a bit.

Appleton would be a great shout for at least the rest of the season, knows the squad, is well respected and has Management experience, also did well in his spell as caretaker

he has openly said he will lie to the media about transfers, they other week he talked of Choudhury going on loan he's now most likely first choice, at the very least next in line

He didn't lie about Choudhury.

After the Manchester City cup game Puel said "“I don’t know his future or whether he will remain with us or we put him on loan."

Choudhury's performances since then have obviously meant that he won't be going anywhere.

He didn't lie about Choudhury.

After the Manchester City cup game Puel said "“I don’t know his future or whether he will remain with us or we put him on loan."

Choudhury's performances since then have obviously meant that he won't be going anywhere.
point is just because he says something doesn't mean uit should be taken as gospel either way, even the idiot on RL made that mistake "We will see" was taken as Barnes is being recalled

He had hardly any chance of any financial backing before today's game. It's now much, much less than that.

Whilst we did very well against Man City and Chelsea, I think Puel made huge misjudgments in playing weakened sides in both Cup games, which we could easily have won.

Everybody gets 6 days rest now. No-one needed to be rested today. When we were winning in our Champions year, the rest of the squad were not moaning they did not get a game. Players moan when you are playing crap and they think they can do better. Puel out for not understanding what Cup runs mean to clubs and/or underestimating the opposition.

Whilst we did very well against Man City and Chelsea, I think Puel made huge misjudgments in playing weakened sides in both Cup games, which we could easily have won.

Everybody gets 6 days rest now. No-one needed to be rested today. When we were winning in our Champions year, the rest of the squad were not moaning they did not get a game. Players moan when you are playing crap and they think they can do better. Puel out for not understanding what Cup runs mean to clubs and/or underestimating the opposition.

I suspect Puel knows exactly what cup runs mean to clubs. Did you mean supporters?

Out of curiosity, assuming that Puel’s master plan comes together, do our fans actually want us to start paying like Barcelona?
I still think every club has an identity and a reputation for the football they play. Ours just isn’t possession football.

Can the fans change?

Some twat on Facebook is trying to crowd fund £5k to get a Puel Out banner flown over the ground. Needless to say, he's raised the grand total of SFA so far :)

Unsurprisingly I suppose, the odds on Puel being the next manager sacked have suddenly shortened quite dramatically.

He's 13/8 with most bookies and down to 2/9 on with Betfair.

I'm not sure I give a shit one way or the other any more. However, when a guy (Wagner) with a record of 2 wins, 4 draws and 18 defeats is deemed to be more secure than you, I'd have the suitcase handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757