Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
F7308931-04CC-4AF1-BE14-310B99BA5452.jpeg

I’m not sure that this kind of comment matches the ambitions of the people who pay your wages. In 2014 we wanted top 5

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

Even if you don’t believe it, what kind of shitty attitude is it to say it isn’t possible to be better. No ****er ever made themselves great by saying I can’t.

Negative nothing.

Bloke's got a point - who would you appoint in his place to get us to sixth by the end of the season?

With one of the youngest squads in the league we should be pleased with where we are, and encourage further development. If we can get european football next season that will be massive for keeping our best players, attracting more and building the clubs profile. Let the bloke get on with it.

Bloke's got a point - who would you appoint in his place to get us to sixth by the end of the season?

With one of the youngest squads in the league we should be pleased with where we are, and encourage further development. If we can get european football next season that will be massive for keeping our best players, attracting more and building the clubs profile. Let the bloke get on with it.
Yeah. It would be like employing some old Italian bloke who'd been sacked by Chelsea years earlier to try and keep a bunch of unknowns, has beens and rejects somewhere in the top half of the league. Utter ****ing madness.

Maybe, just maybe, a manager with aspiration, desire and the right attitude can bring success. This is a quotation from somebody looking for excuses before the final whistle has blown on the season. He's out of his depth.

Yeah. It would be like employing some old Italian bloke who'd been sacked by Chelsea years earlier to try and keep a bunch of unknowns, has beens and rejects somewhere in the top half of the league. Utter ****ing madness.

Maybe, just maybe, a manager with aspiration, desire and the right attitude can bring success. This is a quotation from somebody looking for excuses before the final whistle has blown on the season. He's out of his depth.

Totally agree. Normalising average only ever results in underperformance. No successful business ever set out to say let’s just aim for okay.

I don't think seventh is just ok at all - especially when we've had to see our star player. Look at clubs like Everton, West Ham and Southampton, they would snap your hand off to be in our position right now. Don't get me wrong, I want us to grow in to a top six and then top four club but that doesn't happen overnight - even by winning the league once in an unusual set of circumstances. We are on our way, and while they could be a little better they could also be a lot worse

I just wish the football was better and we didn’t all know that there was a stinking result likely to happen at any moment.

Lots of positives about what’s happening, but the football...oh the football.

I just wish the football was better and we didn’t all know that there was a stinking result likely to happen at any moment.

Lots of positives about what’s happening, but the football...oh the football.
Baggies fans had that attitude about “the football” hounded Pulis’ our and now they are whining we just took their best player back from them, this team isn’t finished, for whatever reason Silva hasn’t worked but I suspect Puel would want someone who’s a much better passer in there too, it’s what he had in France before

It may be true that seventh is as good as we can do but, a team should always be aiming for improvement.

After Saturday, our next two games are Wolves and Liverpool away. Logic suggests that we will return from those games without adding to our points total: should the manager tell the team to simply go through the motions?

He may be trying to take the pressure off the young players, which is perhaps a good thing, but I worry it's a statement that our best players will see as lack of ambition.

He's not wrong about the League position, but why come out and say it ?

And to openly say that we can't possibly compete with West Ham or Wolves is not what anyone wants to hear, is it ?

Might as well give up now FFS

Last season he came out with shit about not wanting Europe because we weren't ready. We pissed away the second half of the season for the team to learn his system.....I've no idea if we have or not. I really hope we havent. He has no ambition in either the cups or the league. No surprise that he's said as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757