Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who obviously can’t be contacted by the club
the only person Ian Stringer wants to help is himself, having contacts there didn't stop him getting banned from the press conferences by Pearson so don't be so sure he's helping them out, it'll be for the radio show tonight

the only person Ian Stringer wants to help is himself, having contacts there didn't stop him getting banned from the press conferences by Pearson so don't be so sure he's helping them out, it'll be for the radio show tonight

It doesn’t matter who asked him, Miles was saying that he could have been told to not to dangle the possibiliteee of criticising the fans and using Vichai’s death as an easy out.

Just for the record, I don’t know he if he was doing that but I can see why people think he was. I can’t follow what he’s saying half the time as he goes round and round and his English still isn’t that clear. Seems out of character that he’d take such a cheap shot.

It doesn’t matter who asked him, Miles was saying that he could have been told to not to dangle the possibiliteee of criticising the fans and using Vichai’s death as an easy out.

Just for the record, I don’t know he if he was doing that but I can see why people think he was. I can’t follow what he’s saying half the time as he goes round and round and his English still isn’t that clear. Seems out of character that he’d take such a cheap shot.
yes and my reply to MilesAway was a joke, my second comment, the one you quoted was specifically about Stringer and the likelihood of him trying to help the club out

He was given a get out clause to placate fans after saying what he did. He took it. He's not as stupid as he appears.

Meanwhile at Celtic...

Leicester as we have seen over the last few years, an incredible journey that they have been on as a club and obviously the unfortunate circumstances (owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha’s death in a helicopter crash) that they had earlier this season.”

“It is a fantastic club but for me at this moment in time my concentration is purely on Celtic and looking forward to the second part of this season.”

Translation - I’d Be interested.

https://talksport.com/football/476571/brendan-rodgers-shrugs-off-leicester-links/

I reckon he'd probably want us to win games which would be nice. Massive concern that his current team are only top by goal difference though. They should be 30 points clear or something by now.

I reckon he'd probably want us to win games which would be nice. Massive concern that his current team are only top by goal difference though. They should be 30 points clear or something by now.
He probably got bored after the last few seasons and thought he’d make things interesting.

I've got to wonder what would make people happy
Not Brendan ****in Rodgers, who has never achieved anything of consequence ever. Don’t start in with “closest to winning the league with Liverpool in x million years”. He was preceded by a string of underachievers, and he had a highly talented set of players and still couldn’t get over the line. Winning the league 18 billion times in a row with Celtic doesn’t count and never will. Might as well play Football Manager, at least that way you can award yourself a little plastic egg cup every time you win the league. At 29p each from Wilko they’re far more prestigious than the Scottish Premiership trophy. He’s done nothing. I’d genuinely rather keep Puel and maybe get Paul Ince’s wife in as a scout.

Not Brendan ****in Rodgers, who has never achieved anything of consequence ever. Don’t start in with “closest to winning the league with Liverpool in x million years”. He was preceded by a string of underachievers, and he had a highly talented set of players and still couldn’t get over the line. Winning the league 18 billion times in a row with Celtic doesn’t count and never will. Might as well play Football Manager, at least that way you can award yourself a little plastic egg cup every time you win the league. At 29p each from Wilko they’re far more prestigious than the Scottish Premiership trophy. He’s done nothing. I’d genuinely rather keep Puel and maybe get Paul Ince’s wife in as a scout.
You wouldn’t class getting Swansea promoted and then establishing them in the Premier League the following season, an achievement?

He plays attractive football. In his second season at Liverpool they scored 101 goals, the third highest in PL history.

I completely agree with you about his time at Celtic though - he has basically just had two and a half years off work.

Not my first choice. Probably not my second or third, but I’d have him over Puel any day of the week. Hell, I’d rather hack at my scrotum with a rusty knife than keep Puel for any longer.

My preferred choices by the way:

Leonardo Jardim (probably unrealistic)
Chris Wilder
Slavisa Jokanovic
David Wagner

You wouldn’t class getting Swansea promoted and then establishing them in the Premier League the following season, an achievement?

He plays attractive football. In his second season at Liverpool they scored 101 goals, the third highest in PL history.

I completely agree with you about his time at Celtic though - he has basically just had two and a half years off work.

Not my first choice. Probably not my second or third, but I’d have him over Puel any day of the week. Hell, I’d rather hack at my scrotum with a rusty knife than keep Puel for any longer.
Oh god don’t do that.

Ehh. Promotion from the Football League is a tough job, sure. Pretty weak bottom half of the Premier League though, in fairness, and it has been for years. Besides which, aren’t we already fairly well established in this league? If we’re seriously looking at taking the club to the next level long term, what part of Rodgers’ CV suggests he can do that? A couple of years at Swansea and one decent season in three at Liverpool?

Truly don’t care. “Attractive” football and good football are not the same thing. I agree about Puel’s style of football, it’s just awful to watch, but for me substance is the key, not highly subjective aesthetics. I honestly don’t get the obsession with attacking football most people seem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263