Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2 teams (one being the bottom club) mirror our form over the last 5 games. No problem at all is there. Everything is ****ing bon.

One result away from crisis (relegation)?

**** me, talk about an over reaction!

I admit that Puel is probably up against it right now with regards to keeping his job but the performances haven't been bad and we could easily get 5+ wins before the end of the season.

He's playing for his job but I am confident we will get the results in our remaining games to keep him here.

IF we lose to Palace:

1 point from 18 in league
6 defeats in 7 (inc Newport, Cardiff, Saints, Palace).

Conceded first in previous 6. All in first half.
3 clean sheets in 15 games.

Seems pretty awful and critical to me.

One result away from crisis (relegation)?

**** me, talk about an over reaction!

I admit that Puel is probably up against it right now with regards to keeping his job but the performances haven't been bad and we could easily get 5+ wins before the end of the season.

He's playing for his job but I am confident we will get the results in our remaining games to keep him here.

Wake up and smell the coffee. "We're too good to go down" is the cry of most relegated teams. Of course, the chances are that we will not get relegated BUT, we are dropping like a stone; we seem to have in fighting and the possibility of getting into a relegation scrap needs to be addressed, before it becomes a real possibility.

We are at a crux: six points from our next two "easy" home games and we're, effectively safe, none and we're deep in the doo-doo. I shall be delighted to be proved wrong, but I just don't see three, let alone six points.

Please don't get me wrong....I'm not a fan of Puel as a manager...I like what he is doing for the young players, giving them opportunities and if nothing else, adding value to them if they are to be moved on at any point. AND we did look good yesterday and should of won the game easily...

However, as a manager I think he is very poor. If we are to become a top 7 team and a feared one at that we must have a top 7 manager. Someone who would attract the likes of Tielemans to sign permanently. We seem to have bounced from average manager to average manager year to year ( a bit controversial I know) Whilst Ranieri will always be loved and he had a knack of making changes that worked; recruitment under his tenure was dreadful.

The next manager has to be the one to take us into the new training ground and stadium development with recruitment being key. Tielemans showed us yesterday that having a forward thinking player that will play quickly makes a huge difference. I think he showed us also how far off the pace Maddison is at this stage as well. Anyway, that's a different topic....The point is this is such an important decision that I do not feel we should be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Top and his team need to get this right and i hope they are already working on it behind the scenes but until then what do you want?

Who is available? If you want Puel gone now..fair enough but who do you replace him?

Be realistic; Someone that you feel we would have a real chance of getting...but keep in mind that we are / will be a very attractive option for people once we have the facilities to rival anyone else.

Wake up and smell the coffee. "We're too good to go down" is the cry of most relegated teams. Of course, the chances are that we will not get relegated BUT, we are dropping like a stone; we seem to have in fighting and the possibility of getting into a relegation scrap needs to be addressed, before it becomes a real possibility.

We are at a crux: six points from our next two "easy" home games and we're, effectively safe, none and we're deep in the doo-doo. I shall be delighted to be proved wrong, but I just don't see three, let alone six points.
Honestly don't see us beating Palace :(

I really don't understand the panic - I don't think I've ever seen us play so well in a two-goal defeat. Tielermans addresses what we all could see was absent, and it's to the managerment's credit that they've addressed this with a player of quality. Look at the number of chances created just for Barnes. Another day, they go in

Honestly, I see us beating Palace :)
Based on what?

The 0-3 loss to them at home last season?
The 0-5 loss to them away last season?
The 0-1 loss to them away this season?

I’m less confident we’ll beat Palace than I was for the recent away trips at Liverpool or Spurs.

They’ll sit back and defend and we won’t have enough about us to break them down. They’ll also press from the front and cause our defenders to make mistakes.

Based on what?

The 0-3 loss to them at home last season?
The 0-5 loss to them away last season?
The 0-1 loss to them away this season?

I’m less confident we’ll beat Palace than I was for the recent away trips at Liverpool or Spurs.

They’ll sit back and defend and we won’t have enough about us to break them down. They’ll also press from the front and cause our defenders to make mistakes.
Gut feeling ;)

Yep. They’re not mutually exclusive. They will have 11 players on the pitch after all.

But to be effective in pressing from the front, the whole team has to do it (or at least the midfield too) otherwise it will just leave a huge space for the opposition to play the ball into and therefore easily nullifying the press from the front.

Shit!

I've just looked at our next 8 games, all very winnable which means there is a very realistic chance that we will be in the drop zone ready for the last 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757