Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect to the family, it shouldn't have any bearing at all anyway. There should be mechanisms in place to ensure the smooth running of the business and that includes the hiring and firing. Top should be able to do that or talk to the people that can.

Looking at the managers appointed by premier league clubs this season (including those appointed last summer) shows how difficult it is to appoint a ‘good’ manager.

I would not say at this point that there has been a single ‘success’ in the appointments of Pellegrini, Emery, Silva, Sarri, Ranieri, Hasenhuttl, and Siewert, albeit it is too early to say in the case of the last two.

Solskjaer obviously has been successful so far but I don’t see him as a long term Man Utd or ‘top six’ manager, I think the job and players will gradually get the better of him.

Looking back over the 3 previous seasons to this only Klopp, Benitez, Guardiola, and Hodgson, of those appointed as permanent manager to premier league clubs, are still in place of the 32 permanent appointments.

Shit!

I've just looked at our next 8 games, all very winnable which means there is a very realistic chance that we will be in the drop zone ready for the last 4.

Too right they are - 4/5 wins minimum from that shower of shite

That's why they won't sack him now

I an not using these statistics to suggest that CP should be beyond criticism and should not be under pressure.

I like some of the things that he has done and the general direction he is taking us, however I do think we are waiting the eventual to happen. I just hope that we wait until the summer to make the change.

The next manager is going to inherit a very good group of young players that should compete at the right end of the table, as long as he has the same commitment to developing players and promoting promising youngsters.

Popped onto Southampton's forum earlier after link was posted on ours to see the misery going on there.
They are actually wishing they had Puel back. Maybe a swap in the summer?

Popped onto Southampton's forum earlier after link was posted on ours to see the misery going on there.
They are actually wishing they had Puel back. Maybe a swap in the summer?

Seriously? they hate the new bloke even more than our Claude?

"We have taken the first step. Now we have to find the second step with a clinical edge, the composure and calm in the final third of the pitch."

He's been here for fifteen months, FFS, not two sodding weeks

What a complete twat

You're bound to get more clinical by dropping your only striker and playing a shit winger there instead.

"We have taken the first step. Now we have to find the second step with a clinical edge, the composure and calm in the final third of the pitch."

He's been here for fifteen months, FFS, not two sodding weeks

What a complete twat
I had to stand with the Everton fans on the day we were presented with the premier trophy. Their hatred and abusive chants telling a perfectly good manager in Martinez to **** off out of their club were shameful and disgusting. £200 million, 3 managers and 3 years later do you think they are any better off?
Solskjaer admits it will be another 2 years before Manchester United can compete with Manchester City.
Do you really think 15 months is that long?

So we are just moving onto the second step?

Don't expect to see Vardy start our next game. Doesn't get a mention here.

I feel as if it’s a race to see if Claude leaves before Vardy’s agent gets him a nice pay day at a club like Wolves or West Ham, or even Chelsea or Arsenal if they wanted another option in their squad. He may have signed a new contract but don’t get the feeling Claude would stand in his way so he could rid the entire squad of strikers.

Listening to radio 5 on the way home. Ian Wright couldn’t understand why Vardy was dropped. Said it was cutting our nose off to spite our face and that if Vardy has said naughty words about Puel a word with him and a fine would have been appropriate.

Rob Tanner was on. He is a full on Puel supporter it would seem. His view seemed to be we were building a young team and perhaps players like Schmichael and Vardy were digging in their heels because they could see their place in the team as under threat.

Personally I don’t agree with that viewpoint. I think I tend to side with the view that some odd tactical and formational choices are being made and it is displeasing for fans and players alike when decisions from the top don’t make much sense. I don’t subscribe to the view that we are just young and naive or that there is player power affecting output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757