Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, could we all agree that one point since New Year isn’t ideal and if replicated over the coming two months would leave room for improvement until the end of the season?

If replicated over the next two months we are likely to be relegated.

Let's hope we get a couple of positive results. Recent results against similar opposition doesn't fill me with confidence. Hope I'm wrong like.

If replicated over the next two months we are likely to be relegated.

Let's hope we get a couple of positive results. Recent results against similar opposition doesn't fill me with confidence. Hope I'm wrong like.

We’re going into a long run of comfortable looking games, where we can only come away with a hatful of points

Not even this twat could fail over the next six or seven matches

Talk of relegation is just plain daft

We’re going into a long run of comfortable looking games, where we can only come away with a hatful of points

I agree. Even this numpty should be able to get three points at home against Fulham.

Homer, I wouldn't be so complacent; on past form - we lost at home to Southampton and Cardiff for example - we could well do the same again. HOWEVER, it seems that Puel has finally seen a little light after a dogged few months of sticking with a failed system of 2 defensive midfielders against average and weak sides (when only one would have done) that he might now only play with one. Even so interestingly, Puel opted for the wrong option in the last game & wanted Mendy in the team instead of Ndidi. The latter was just coming in to form again and it shows Puel's capacity for spectacular misjudgement when he thought it a better call to play Mendy rather than Ndidi. It seems also that Tielemans is going to create more chances for (let's hope) Vardy. Puel's further misjudgement last time of course was to drop Vardy. To me Puel is part football manager part-Inspector Clouseau. In fact, let's rename CP Clouseau Puel. If we start to pick up points I'm almost tempted to say its in spite of Clouseau Puel, not because of him. He's obviously under pressure to turn things around & probably without that feeling of mounting & irresistible pressure wouldn't have dropped one of his defensive midfielders. He probably also sees that he is more or less compelled, against his will, to bring back Vardy. Our Clouseau really does merit being renamed not only after the mumbling incompetent French Chief Inspector but also a second time, which is, as per Vardy's suggestion, 'Richard Head'...

Last edited:

Well you’ve said it now. Cue the shit show.

One thing to say...

Newport

Is it time for
#stayingupwithhomer

Currently yes. Yes we are.

View attachment 14657

Only Brighton and bottom club Huddersfield have had 4 losses and a draw in the last 5. It is bottom 3 (relegation) form.

It's funny how anyone can look at our form in 2019 and suggest we aren't in decline.

Let's just pretend

It's funny how anyone can look at our form in 2019 and suggest we aren't in decline.

Let's just pretend
Maybe some of think we’re in a bad spell of form but don’t feel the need to act like it’s the end of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757