Puel out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
According to the Mirror:

Thierry Henry in frame to replace Claude Puel as Leicester boss - but has to beat Roberto Martinez to post
Henry worked as an assistant to Belgium boss Martinez during the World Cup but they could now be competing for the Foxes job

Claude Puel is already on the brink at Leicester City — with Roberto Martinez and Thierry Henry in the frame to replace him.

Puel is understood to have just two games to save his job with City chiefs ready to wield the axe ahead during the international break if results continue to go against them.

The Foxes lost 2-1 to Manchester United in their opening game of the season on Friday.

The concern in the Leicester boardroom stems from the team’s finish to last season when they lost five from their last seven games with just one win – and that has left the Frenchman clinging to his job.

City now face Wolves at home, Southampton away and Liverpool at home before the first international get-together of the new campaign.

And the first two of those three fixtures are crucial to Puel’s hopes of staying in charge at the King Power Stadium.

Belgium boss Martinez, who was at Friday’s game at Old Trafford, will be considered for the job if Puel fails to turn things around and his assistant, Henry, could link up with him at the East Midlands club.

However, Henry has made no secret of the fact he wants to become a manager and the Leicester appeals to him as well.

Former Wigan, Swansea and Everton boss Martinez, with Henry alongside him, led Belgium to the last four at the World Cup, with the Red Devils beating England 2-0 in third and fourth-place play-off.

He only signed a two-year contract extension with Belgium, which takes him beyond Euro 2020, shortly before the finals in Russia but the chance to return to club management could appeal.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/thierry-henry-frame-replace-claude-13067990

I think we should institute a blanket ban on using the Mirror as a source, I genuinely cannot remember the last time they got something right

I think we should institute a blanket ban on using the Mirror as a source, I genuinely cannot remember the last time they got something right

Martinez was at the game; they got that right.

The only person able to put a stop to these stories every week is Puel.

21 points from his last 22 games should equal pressure. We're much better than that.

He's changed the squad. He's changed the backroom team. He's now got to win some games.

Bottom line is we're a very attractive club to managers. We spent another £100m this summer and we're spending plenty off the pitch too.

Rodgers was ready to walk away from Celtic in the summer as his agent tried to create interest but we stayed with Puel. Martinez and / or Henry would undoubtedly love the job too. None of these names appeal to me but it's what happens when the incumbent is underachieving. And every game we fail to win will lead to more of these stories. What else did anyone expect to happen?

These next two games are huge for him.

The only person able to put a stop to these stories every week is Puel.

21 points from his last 22 games should equal pressure. We're much better than that.

He's changed the squad. He's changed the backroom team. He's now got to win some games.

Bottom line is we're a very attractive club to managers. We spent another £100m this summer and we're spending plenty off the pitch too.

Rodgers was ready to walk away from Celtic in the summer as his agent tried to create interest but we stayed with Puel. Martinez and / or Henry would undoubtedly love the job too. None of these names appeal to me but it's what happens when the incumbent is underachieving. And every game we fail to win will lead to more of these stories. What else did anyone expect to happen?

These next two games are huge for him.
Absolutely agree, however I'm pretty indifferent to the next manager. After Claudio, I don't think anyone can predict the success of an appointment based solely on their most recent achievements.

We all know it's just a matter of time

Sooner rather than later, please

They reported we would be signing Soyuncu as well as Benkovic before anyone else.

We all know it's just a matter of time

Sooner rather than later, please

Yea great idea.

Give the manager a full Pre-season, where targets clearly identified by him have been signed up and then give him 3 ****ing games to make a success of it.

They either sack him at the end of last season or they grow the **** up and give the bloke a bit of time to show his changes will work.

Football really is ****ed.

Yea great idea.

Give the manager a full Pre-season, where targets clearly identified by him have been signed up and then give him 3 ****ing games to make a success of it.

They either sack him at the end of last season or they grow the **** up and give the bloke a bit of time to show his changes will work.

Football really is ****ed.
It would be madness to not give him at least 50% of this season unless we are on a disastrous run with the team looking shot of confidence and having appeared to have given up.

I saw enough in the defeat at Man U to be very optimistic - let’s not forget the starting 11 on Friday won’t be the starting 11 going forwards.

We are worlds apart from last seasons bore and shit fest.

I’m excited at our prospects this coming season.

They have backed him in the transfer market and let him change the backroom staff over the summer. He has more than 3 games. The story is clickbait.

Aye, utter madness to get rid before Christmas and I wanted him gone at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757