Punter wins ?1m for 50p horse bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually won over £1.4m but as William Hills 'maximum payout' is just £1m he's been shafted out of nearly a third of his winnings

He actually won over £1.4m but as William Hills 'maximum payout' is just £1m he's been shafted out of nearly a third of his winnings
I noticed that too.
typical fecking bookies, not like they're skint is it?
cue highland defending the robbing bastards...

I noticed that too.
typical fecking bookies, not like they're skint is it?
cue highland defending the robbing bastards...

Indeed I will,Read the Rules before you put your bet on.It clearly states the maximum payout is one million.

Indeed I will,Read the Rules before you put your bet on.It clearly states the maximum payout is one million.

They only had to actually pay him £100k as one of the selections included an overseas race and as i'm sure you know, £100k is their limit for overseas racing, but a spokesman for William Hill said it was just such a 'magical story' they decided to pay him the limit for uk racing payouts, which is £1 million.

They only had to actually pay him £100k as one of the selections included an overseas race and as i'm sure you know, £100k is their limit for overseas racing, but a spokesman for William Hill said it was just such a 'magical story' they decided to pay him the limit for uk racing payouts, which is £1 million.

Aye that and they are currently fighting a court case with that bloke who wanted to be barred but wasn't and did all his dough,so they could do without the bad publicity.
The maimum payouts are clearly stated in the Rules

Last edited:
Aye that and they are currently fighting a court case with that bloke who wanted to be barred but wasn't and did all his dough,so they could do without the bad publicity.
The maimum payouts are clearly stated in the Rules

Logically though you would think they wouldn't be able to take a bet that would pay out over the maximum winnings?

Logically though you would think they wouldn't be able to take a bet that would pay out over the maximum winnings?

The cashier can't check every bet to see if its going to exceed the maximum payout some take a thousand bets a day,its the punter's responsibilty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47