QPR - 31st January 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Kick off 7:45pm

Tickets
On general sale, £24 adults and £12 senior citizens / under 16s.

Coaches
Fox Travel leave the Walkers Stadium at 3PM, £15 adults, £13 concessions.

Directions

From the end of the M1:

Merge onto Staples Corner 0.3 mi
Keep LEFT onto Local road(s) 142 yds
At roundabout, take the SECOND exit onto North Circular Road 0.3 mi
Take Ramp onto A406 [North Circular Road] 3.8 mi
Merge onto Local road(s) 54 yds
Merge onto Local road(s) 87 yds
Bear LEFT (South-East) onto Local road(s) 0.3 mi
Bear RIGHT (South-East) onto Local road(s) 131 yds
Take Ramp onto A40 [Western Avenue] 2.6 mi
Turn RIGHT (South) onto Bloemfontein Road 0.3 mi
Turn LEFT (East) onto South Africa Road 0.1 mi
Arrive Queens Park Rangers Football Club

Parking

Any tips?

Trains

London is one of the few places you can get back from by train after a midweek match. The last train back to Leicester is at 11.15pm.
The walk up saver return fare to London is £40, but there are some cheap single fares available at the moment on the Trainline website.

The cheapest train to London is £6, and the cheapest ticket for the return journey is £9.

There are also first class train tickets available for £10 each way.

Tube: I usually use White City tube station, but either of the Shepherds Bush stations are also in walking distance. Just follow the crowd when you leave the station.

Pubs
I remember meeting the London branch in a pub close to Goldhawk road tube station a couple of years ago. It was far enough from the ground not to be too busy before the match. Anyone remember the name?
Any other recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
webmaster said:
Parking

Any tips?

There's a BBC car-park which you can use in South Africa Road - I think it was £6 last season. Street parking is limited, owing to Residents' Parking Schemes; even the areas to the south of Uxbridge Road and Goldhawk Road seem to have these schemes now - so little parking there either.

webmaster said:
Trains

London is one of the few places you can get back from by train after a midweek match. The last train back to Leicester is at 11.15pm.
The walk up saver return fare to London is £40, but there are some cheap single fares available at the moment on the Trainline website.

The cheapest train to London is £6, and the cheapest ticket for the return journey is £9.

There are also first class train tickets available for £10 each way.

And don't forget that by booking on the MML site and using 'photo' as a discount code, you can save £1 on each transaction. By your outward and return in two transactions and you can get to StP for £13.

webmaster said:
Tube: I usually use White City tube station, but either of the Shepherds Bush stations are also in walking distance. Just follow the crowd when you leave the station.

I don't think there is much point in getting off the Central Line at Shepherds Bush because White City is much closer to the ground. Shepherds Bush is definitely the right Hammerslith & City line station though. (For those that don't know, the two Shepherds Bush stations on the two underground lines are completely separate from each other and some distance apart)

People intending to travel by tube should note that there has been a huge hike in fares; the minimum fare is now £3 for people who turn up and pay for a paper ticket - that's £6 to get from StP to Shepherds Bush and back. Even a Z1-2 Travelcard wil cost you £4.90. It might be worth considering getting yourself an Oystercard even if you don't travel in London all that often; you have to pay a £3 deposit (refundable) on the card but the savings are massive - with Oyster you would pay £2 to get tot the game (peak period) and £1.50 to get back afterwards.

webmaster said:
Pubs
I remember meeting the London branch in a pub close to Goldhawk road tube station a couple of years ago. It was far enough from the ground not to be too busy before the match. Anyone remember the name?

That one closed some time ago and none of the pubs in that area seem so amenable to away fans. LB now go to the Andover Arms in Aldensley Road (map). About equidistant from Hammersmith, Goldhawk Road and Ravenscourt Park underground stations - probably easier to get to from either of the last two of these.

Last edited:
The Springbok pub on South Africa Road is very welcoming to away fans (or has been in the past). It's very grubby though and don't go in the toilets unless you really have to.

I've even found a picture of it for you:

a2f906a05637fceea440b5c04630643a.jpg

Last edited:
Ox Fox said:
The Springbok pub on South Africa Road is very welcoming to away fans (or has been in the past). It's very grubby though and don't go in the toilets unless you really have to.

I've even found a picture of it for you:

a2f906a05637fceea440b5c04630643a.jpg

I went there last time, made a move towards the toilets but it was so packed I didn't make it. I think we were playing Fulham on the day.

Ill be traveling down tomorrow by train from New Street, supposed to of cost £10 but the train company "ran out of their allocation" so I've had to fork out £23:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fox Fan said:
Ill be traveling down tomorrow by train from New Street, supposed to of cost £10 but the train company "ran out of their allocation" so I've had to fork out £23:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't you mean you left it too late to book it? Virgin Value and almost all other cheap tickets are always only available on a quota basis and on some trains there might be none of the cheapest tickets available at all.

When did you try to book?

Can tickets be bought on the night. I am in London on business tomorrow and I will be able to get to the game, just wondered if I can pay on the gate or something....:102:

Boy Genius said:
Can tickets be bought on the night. I am in London on business tomorrow and I will be able to get to the game, just wondered if I can pay on the gate or something....:102:

There's no mention of this at all on the OS. Why don't you give the ticket office a ring in the morning and ask them to let you pick up your ticket from the QPR ticket office. (They will probably try to tell you that this isn't possible, but they can do it).

bocadillo said:
There's no mention of this at all on the OS. Why don't you give the ticket office a ring in the morning and ask them to let you pick up your ticket from the QPR ticket office. (They will probably try to tell you that this isn't possible, but they can do it).

thanks.....its worth a try.

webmaster said:
Kick off 7:45pm]
Pubs
The Goldhawk? It was open, and it was very nice, and not too expensive either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263