Not open for further replies.
Ranieri's team beat Sunderland 4-2 in his first game
Shakespeare's team beat Liverpool 3-1 first game,
Puel's team beat Everton 2-0 in his first game
They were all at home.

Get a grip, Grip.

They were all at home.

Get a grip, Grip.
I can't be arsed to dig as far as their next matches to enhance the point I'm making, I hope the tattoo you had done of Rodgers on your backside is of washable ink

It’s all been too quiet since the Puel Out battles so we needed something to get the place worked up again!

I'm taking a good long look at the table before today's KO in other matches, as it is the last time we will be as high as 7th this season unfortunately, therefore no Europa league for us regardless of whether 7th qualifies or not.

Not entirely convinced that Rodgers is the right man for us, he was tactically clueless last night, I hope it's a one off bad day at the office.

Maybe it was a day off. Probably more the case that he won't win every tactic battle he goes into. You win some you lose some.

Also probably the case that he's 6 games into his tenure with us using players who are still learning his style of football and learning how to break down teams who sit deep - an issue we've had for a number of years under lots of managers.

We played a Newcastle side who were fantastically organised. I reckon most teams would've struggled against them like that apart from Liverpool or Man City who have phenomenal attacking flair and talent.

I for one think Rodgers is a brilliant appointment. The best we could have realistically hoped for. By no means a messiah (yet or maybe never) But to judge him after 6 matches with much improved performances and 4 wins out of 6 is nothing short of dumb as ****.

Maybe it was a day off. Probably more the case that he won't win every tactic battle he goes into. You win some you lose some.

Also probably the case that he's 6 games into his tenure with us using players who are still learning his style of football and learning how to break down teams who sit deep - an issue we've had for a number of years under lots of managers.

We played a Newcastle side who were fantastically organised. I reckon most teams would've struggled against them like that apart from Liverpool or Man City who have phenomenal attacking flair and talent.

I for one think Rodgers is a brilliant appointment. The best we could have realistically hoped for. By no means a messiah (yet or maybe never) But to judge him after 6 matches with much improved performances and 4 wins out of 6 is nothing short of dumb as ****.
Yes, that's why I have said "I'm not convinced"....another one that can't read (at least it's not a childish name calling reply though).

Yes, that's why I have said "I'm not convinced"....another one that can't read (at least it's not a childish name calling reply though).

Indeed childish and a little pathetic

Like implying that a poster is still at school, or that they have a Brendan Rodgers tattoo

I can't be arsed to dig as far as their next matches to enhance the point I'm making, I hope the tattoo you had done of Rodgers on your backside is of washable ink
Have a look back at the thread where Rodgers was announced. I was pretty sceptical at the appointment and that hasn’t completely gone away because of the calibre of teams we have played.

But you know what, I actually look forward to going to the football now.

To beat him with a stick over the Watford game, an away game against a team destined to finished 7th, after having two training sessions with the team, is absolute moronic.

It was complicated enough for you to have been under the wrong impression.

Did you think UEFA would decide to give English clubs fewer places in European competitions if they won something?
no I thought UEFA changed rules in that, if a team won the Europa cup and finished in the top 6 it did not create an extra place?
correct me if I am wrong if Man City win the FA Cup then 7th will be a qualifying place for the Europa?

no I thought UEFA changed rules in that, if a team won the Europa cup and finished in the top 6 it did not create an extra place?
correct me if I am wrong if Man City win the FA Cup then 7th will be a qualifying place for the Europa?

To repeat what I posted in reply to you earlier in this thread:

If we finish seventh and Manchester City win the FA cup, we're in the Europa League second qualifying round.

That's all there is to it.

None of the other stuff is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861