Question for boaters (Boc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

I am on a stag do tomorrow and we are taking a barge (or narrow boat, whichever) from Tardebigge in Bromsgrove to Brimingham centre. I'm not involved in organising it so I just assume its near to the centre. Roughly how long will this journey take a bunch of novices?

Cheers.

I am on a stag do tomorrow and we are taking a barge (or narrow boat, whichever) from Tardebigge in Bromsgrove to Brimingham centre. I'm not involved in organising it so I just assume its near to the centre. Roughly how long will this journey take a bunch of novices?

Cheers.

There's a flight of 30 locks at Tardebigge so it will depend on exactly where you are starting from. If you're starting above the top lock it's about 14½ miles into Gas Street Basin and it should take about 5 hours. If you're starting at the bottom with a novice crew it could be anything up to 2½ days!

And it'll be a narrowboat - one word. If it's a barge, you're ****ed. Enjoy the Wast Hill Tunnel and keep the paint off the tunnel walls.

Last edited:
wow, I hope he knows what he's doing then, I guess that's why we're starting off at 9!

Cheers

How did the trip go, Matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611