Question Marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

I think at this time there are a number of Question Marks over Leicester's tactics, skill and fitness.

Today I was unfortunate enough to witness the shocking performance down at the Walkers! Neither side was very good but it appeared to me there was something in particular about Leicester that wasn't working.

Ok yes it is only four games into the season but already we have droped 6 points. And yes some will say it is too early to start critising the players and the Manger - but SOMTHING HAS GOT TO CHANGE!

When we put in a performance like that the players need to know how amazingly badly they played! They need to know that we expect better of them and they need to know that MA will make the changes if a particular player is not performing!

Mr Adams says:

"I have got no doubt at all that the fans are upset and I am upset also. A lot of people will judge the players on four appearances when really you get judged on 46 at this level.

Your darn right we'll judge players on four apperances and so should you! If a player has been crap e.g. Wilcox, Williams ect.. then change it. Ok he made some changes today but they were ovioulsy not the right one's! I swear if Willaims takes another touch of that ball infront of goal im going to run on the pitch and kick it in the net myself!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Quite right we were all happy to make judgements on PT after one game (the Bolton game). Already we have to win three more games than Wigan to finish in front of them. :wink:

You make a good point but this will be said everytime we lose a game. There is no point changing the team around everytime we lose otherwise we will never get a settled side and they wont gel well. Its a vicious circle really, everytime we lose or drop points we change the team, everytime we change the team we become unsettled and have to get use to different players in different positions which leads back to the start losing or dropping points.

I must admit MA has a tricky job on his hands but i think with Dublin coming back things may well improve.

I wasn't there but my Dad down there in Leicester was and he said to me that what pissed him off most was the lack of effort/commitment shown b some players this afternoon.Yes we are going to lose matches but it's easier to swallow if everybody has played for the shirt.I'm not here to slate MA but I do think he finds it difficult to motivate players,that 'Leicester' spirit sadly seems a thing of yester year.OK effort alone isn't enough but at least if the supporters can see someone is trying then they can at least feel it's worthwile giving the team some vocal support.I do sometimes wonder what happens all week out there on the training ground when the 'hoof' is used so much every game,what do we practice all week ? how far we can kick it?.I'm not getting too downhearted it is still very early days but things do give me concern mainly what happens when Dublin isn't fit etc and why does Micky insist on playing players out of position,since when has Heath been a right back,I could understand it if there is no option but didn't MA say that Canero was bought to play right-back?

Clearly trev is a fans favorite at the moment because of the effort he puts in!

To be honest if it was up to me I wouldn't put Benjamin in the squad,IMO he is a fvcking awful footballer but..theres no disputing his effort.

Problems from today:

1. Reliance on Scowcroft. Canero was hardly ever passed to! We've gotten so used to the 'send it up to Scowcroft' routine that even though he was supposed to be playing as a striker he spent most of his time left-wing-ish. Canero was constantly in space on the wing, unmarked, ready to go, but was never passed to and I felt quite sorry for him really, it was as if everyone had forgotten he'd existed, or that there even was a right-wing without Scowcroft there. It's not just Micky that relies on Scowcroft, it's the other players too, even when he was injured they were still trying to give it to him at any opportunity! I don't blame Scowcroft for this... just everyone else!

2. Williams. Whether he's great or not I just can't tell because he seems to do nothing, he looses the ball and doesn't try to get it back, he tries to take on three defenders by himself when there are plenty of players to pass to... when he gets close to goal he suddenly seems unsure and unable to decide what to do. Looks to me like a confidence player, drop him from the side until we're winning again then we might see the best of him, at least Nalis will tackle and show the commitment needed.

3. Scoring. We've spent half a million on a striker this year, more than we've spent in two years on any player, and he hasn't scored a single goal. We've got Scowcroft, this is apparently his 'level' but he didn't have one shot today, despite him playing as a striker for more than half the game. Our biggest hope was a Peter Taylor signing because at least he seems to try. Micky keeps saying how we're a side 'that favours strikers' but I cannot see it at the moment and that 'scores goals' but so far we've had four games and we've scored twice, and one of those was from a midfield player. I don't know where our attacking play has gone, we used to be dangerous from set pieces and quite well known for scoring lots of headers, but now we seem to have no aerial threat in the box. Dublin coming back will hopefully change that but what about when he's next suspended, or when he's injured, where is our Plan B? I'm not someone who clamours for youth to be brought in all the time, but perhaps it would do us some good to have a player on the pitch that really does want to impress Micky and the fans.

4. Micky, stop believing your own hype. There are plenty of people who will say 'get off his back, it's only been four games', but Micky put these expectations on himself, it wasn't us, he has said repeatedly 'don't talk to me about top 6, talk to me about top 2' and yet our performances haven't reflected this. I feel I'm completely entitled to criticise, I'm not saying 'Adams Out' I'm perfectly happy with giving him 10-12 games to sort everything out. I like Adams as a person but he needs to stop believing the hype that has surrounded us this pre-season, the bookies had us favourites to go up, the pundits did, the fans were optimistic as they always are and I feel he's just gotten complacent and instead of coming out fighting we've come out with huge egos and little else.

Hope that isn't all too incoherent, it’s late and I'm annoyed.

Yeah i'd agree with that - espcailly the complacinacy bit. I was thinking that durning the match

There is no doubt how poor we've been so far, but it has only been 4 games, there's another 42 to go! If we're still not performing after 10 games then we can start to worry. In a way I feel the last 2 games could be a good thing, we've played as if we just need to turn up and we'll stroll it, the players have read to many predictions in the papers and it's gone to their heads, hopefully they'll start to wake up now.

On the positives we had enough chances to win and I thought Tiatto had a good debut, Connelly will start to score soon, and Williams will come good, we just need him to put his foot in. MA needs to bring in another midfielder, Gudjohnson is god damn awfull, always thought he was when he was at villa and wolves, Willcox waste of space. With Makin back next week I think we're solid at the back and with Dublin back up front hopefully the goals will come.

Keep the Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469