Random RSS feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If you're not using the 'no right column' style you should have noticed the random RSS box on the right of the page. Have a look now ---->

At the moment it randomly displays the latest five items from one of the following:
BBC Leicester news, Mercury local news, The Onion, Ananova quirkies, Yahoo odd news and LCFC stuff on eBay.

Any suggestions for other stuff that you would like adding to it?

I'll be adding similar things for other areas of the site, for example music and film reviews, sports news etc, in the appropriate places.

I no longer have a right column on any of the skins.

When I click on 'New Posts', I'm frequently getting almost blank white page with "Unable to open RSS Feed /home/talkingb/www/jfrss/random/template.html, exiting" thereon. Is this connectec with the fiddling about that you're doing atm?

When I click on 'New Posts', I'm frequently getting almost blank white page with "Unable to open RSS Feed /home/talkingb/www/jfrss/random/template.html, exiting" thereon. Is this connectec with the fiddling about that you're doing atm?

yeh im getting that as well.

Yes, but I fixed that problem about an hour ago, so if it's still happening there's something odd going on :icon_conf

Yes, but I fixed that problem about an hour ago, so if it's still happening there's something odd going on :icon_conf

Got it when i refreshed the main page about a minute ago.

I've just realised why it's happening, and I'm working on a fix for it.

The feeds are updated every 5 minutes, but for a couple of seconds during that time there's no feed available, which is causing the error message.
It should be easy enough to fix, but I might need the 23:05 and 23:10 update to test it before knowing if it's worked.

I'm using the default style and I have nothing on the right. I've tried all the ctrl and F5 bollocks but still nowt.

it works like that in the nightshiftish style on ie7 for me.

been ok since my last post jeff.

I can see it now.

Back to "no right column" now though as I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46