Ratings Results & Awards vs Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

It was certainly a very interesting week in terms of ratings. There was an unbelieveable response, 62 of you voted showing that there are a lot more of you keen to criticise when the team is not doing so well than there is to praise the team when it is doing well.

The rating that everyone agreed on most was Peter Canero, who received ratings between 4 and 6.

The biggest disagreement between fans came with Scowcroft however, a few of you feeling he only deserved a 1, whilst others saw a performance worthy of a 7.

All 14 players played for long enough to be in contention for these awards this week, and here they are.

The 'Muzzy Izzet' Man of the Match award: Danny Tiatto - 8.06

The 'Ade Akinbiyi' Flop of the Match award: Nathan Blake - 1.92

The 'Steve Walsh' Defender of the Match award: Danny Tiatto - 8.06

The 'Lenny Glover' Midfielder of the Match award: Lilian Nalis - 5.82

The 'Gary Lineker' Striker of the Match award: David Connolly - 4.27

The 'Alan Birchenall' Most Generous Voter award: Southern Fox (Talking Balls) - 5.64

The 'Andy from Long Eaton' Harshest Voter award: Fox Fan (Talking Balls) - 3.57

The lowdown (62 votes):

1 - Danny Tiatto - 8.06
2 - Lilian Nalis - 5.82
3 - James Scowcroft - 5.76
4 - Peter Canero - 5.52
5 - Ian Walker - 5.45
6 - Keith Gillespie - 4.35
7 - David Connolly - 4.27
8 - Jordan Stewart - 4.00
9 - Joey Gudjonsson - 3.98
10 - Nikos Dabizas - 3.97
11 - Jason Wilcox - 3.55
12 - Matt Heath - 3.49
13 - Dion Dublin - 3.31
14 - Nathan Blake - 1.92

My comments:

So Danny Tiatto storms away with his THIRD consecutive man of the match award. It seems clear already that he will become a fans favourite.

Nathan Blake disappoints again and is this week's flop. Scowcroft's hard working performance earns him a place in the top three, while the likes of first teamers Dublin, Connolly and Dabizas put in very poor performances.

As you can imagine, there were a lot of contenders for the 'Andy from Long Eaton' award this week, but Fox Fan claimed it from under the noses of the likes of rotherhamfox and beaumontfox.

Thanks to everyone who voted, we had a tremendous response this week.

sheffield_fox said:
Comments are welcome.

Just like to say when our monthly awards are published around lunchtime tomorrow that we planned to do this as soon as we decided to build a members match reporter team, so we aren't nicking your idea, honest.

Yeah, I dind't attempt to get the 'Andy from Long eaton' award, but to be honest we were crap and I still feel that we could of completely killied brighton!

Fox Fan said:
Yeah, I dind't attempt to get the 'Andy from Long eaton' award, but to be honest we were crap and I still feel that we could of completely killied brighton!

could 'have', tsk. And also, what have Killie got to do with it? Dind't?

Joe_Fox said:
Fox Fan said:

could 'have', tsk. And also, what have Killie got to do with it? Dind't?

Today's show is brought to you in association with the Joe_Fox spelling and grammar checker :roll: :wink:

lazzer said:
joe don't its too easy :roll: :wink:

Sorry Marco, it's just that I'm in a bad mood (as I'm sure we all are).

I could really do with some hope.

Did we sign anyone yesterday?

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, and prolonging an unfunny joke even further:

I can confirm that we now have a retired person who will clean up outside the ground

homer said:

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, and prolonging an unfunny joke even further:

I can confirm that we now have a retired person who will clean up outside the ground

Woo-Hoo!!

that's it guys, the turning point of our season!
bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570