Read the Sunday Mirror today lads and lasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's (Wednesday) Independent reports on the same story everyone else has had earlier on that Mandaric doesn't feeling it's a betrayal of Portsmouth for him to take us over... It is the same everywhere else has said, except this one little bit..

"Mandaric's £25 million takeover of the Championship club could be completed as soon as today but it has led to criticism from Portsmouth fans that it is too soon after he left Fratton Park."

Can't believe it's going through so quick. I know the board want the investment, but these things usually take ages!

Can't believe it's going through so quick. I know the board want the investment, but these things usually take ages!
It may well have taken ages, we may be at the tail end of proceedings

Today's (Wednesday) Independent reports on the same story everyone else has had earlier on that Mandaric doesn't feeling it's a betrayal of Portsmouth for him to take us over... It is the same everywhere else has said, except this one little bit..

"Mandaric's £25 million takeover of the Championship club could be completed as soon as today but it has led to criticism from Portsmouth fans that it is too soon after he left Fratton Park."

The portsmouth fans seem to think they were in some kind of relationship!!

I don't like this stadium buying business.

15 mill for the stad, an unknown figure for buying out the current regime. That can't leave a lot for players, Shirley?

My only hope is that come Jan, he digs further into his pocket. I see no reason why he won't, (x) mill for buying the club, I'm certain he will have put some money in reserve for initially running the club

effectively make it 26 mill, buying the stadium is shrewd saves a mill a year on the interest payments.

what do you guys think of this statement.

"What you have to remember is that the board's primary responsibility is to act in the best interests of the shareholders, not the fans," he said.

Foxes trust may well be the only current shareholder who has a interest in the clubs future and the others might just sell to the highest bidder, just an example of how that statement could be interpreted.

what do you guys think of this statement.

"What you have to remember is that the board's primary responsibility is to act in the best interests of the shareholders, not the fans," he said.

Foxes trust may well be the only current shareholder who has a interest in the clubs future and the others might just sell to the highest bidder, just an example of how that statement could be interpreted.

Only if you've only come to the club in the last 2 years. The other shareholders were the ones who put their hands in their pockets to make sure the club had a future. Seems a pretty clear indication that they are likely to be as concerned as anyone else about the club's future.

It is a fact that the board must act in the best interests of the shareholders -it is for the shareholders to decide in the end what those interests are.

I doubt if many of the shareholders thought they would ever see much if any of their money back, any more than those of us who bought shares in the previous company did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669