Reading - 28th December 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Kick off: 8PM

Tickets: Initial allocation 1,500 seats, £22 for adults and £14 for senior citizens & under 21s.

Tickets are now on sale to season ticket holders (priority 1 & 2)
Wed Dec 14-Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu Dec 15-Members
Fri Dec 16-General sale (subject to availability)

Directions:
Leave the M4 at junction 11. Ground is signposted from there.

Parking: Not much street parking around the ground, but there are several car parks withn 10 minutes walk.

Trains: No trains to Leicester after the game.

Coach: Fox Travel coaches leave at 3pm, £15 adults and £13 concessions

Pubs:
No pubs close to the ground. Plenty of pubs in the town centre though, and there's a good shuttle bus service which runs to the ground from opposite the railway station.

Last edited:
Ill be there for this one I think.

I will be there.

My tip from previous visits to Reading is if driving don't park too close to the ground. It gets REALLY snarled up after the game.

There's a bus service which goes straight to the Maj Stad from the train station (and back again after the game) and is probably the best option as the traffic jams after games at Readiing are awful. The pub next to Reading station isn't too bad either if you need a stiffner before the game.

If you really want to take the car there is a massive car park at HP's offices about 5 minutes walk from the ground, but they will sting you for a fiver to park there (well it was last year). There is also some parking in the industrial estate on the other side of the dual carriageway to B&Q, some charge a 'minding' fee others you can take your chance on for free. Don't try and park at B&Q as I think they have clamping teams on match days.

webmaster said:
Trains: No trains to Leicester after the game.

Thanks to Midland Mainline bringing forward the time of the last train from London by 25 minutes!!
:frown:

i'll be at this one, not sure how i'm getting there after i arrive in london but i will work that out when i get there. it took me 3 hours to get to watford from kings cross earlier this year, not sure how, but thats how useless i am. does the area around the stadium really smell of poo?

fitz said:
it took me 3 hours to get to watford from kings cross earlier this year
Were you walking?

MKFox said:
Were you walking?

nope, hungover and tired. train left newcastle at about 5.45 or something, and kept getting on the wrong platform on the tube. i'm used to an underground system with 2 lines

fitz said:
does the area around the stadium really smell of poo?

Yup I used to live in Reading and its not far from the local dump or recycling centre. I went to the dogs which used to be near the Madejski once and it stank.

My only advice about Reading is don't ever move there. In the Reading Chronicle they asked about 20 people what they liked about living there. Without exception the first thing they were reported to have said is "The fast train to Paddington only takes 25 minutes".

I used to drink in a pub called The Sun I think near the Police Station did half decent beer. Apart from that there are plenty of chain pubs in town and nothing round the ground.

Parking is no problem. Last time we parked on the big car park at the back of the stadium. After the match it took a while to get out, but WTF? there is no rush. Still got back before my mate who parked about half a mile away
Just put your foot down going back up the A34:icon_wink

Dickovforengland! said:
My only advice about Reading is don't ever move there. In the Reading Chronicle they asked about 20 people what they liked about living there. Without exception the first thing they were reported to have said is "The fast train to Paddington only takes 25 minutes".

:038:

Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572