Real Mallorca are the 4th team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

thebluearmy.co.uk said:
Mallorca complete City's quartet for tournament

Real Mallorca are the final team to be confirmed for Leicester City's 120th anniversary tournament this summer.

The Spanish side will join the World Club champions Boca Juniors from Argentina and Indian champions East Bengal at the two-day tournament at the Walkers Stadium over the weekend of July 31/August 1.

Mallorca finished 11th in La Liga last season after ending their campaign with a blistering run.

They won their last five games and that included a 3-2 victory at David Beckham's Real Madrid.

Mallorca also reached the last 16 of the UEFA Cup before being knocked out by Sir Bobby Robson's Newcastle United.

City's chief operations officer Paul Mace is delighted the club are bringing international football back to the Walkers Stadium after the success of last year's high-profile fixtures.

The club staged the friendly between England and Serbia Montenegro in June last year, as well as hosting the friendly between Jamaica and World Cup winners Brazil, and welcoming Barcelona as City's opposition in a pre-season friendly.

Mace said: "We are delighted to complete our line-up.

"Real Mallorca are a worthy addition to a tournament which already includes the world club champions and the champions of South East Asia.

"We believe this promises to be the most cosmopolitan and highest quality pre-season football tournament in England this summer with clubs from South America, Asia and Europe all taking part.

"It promises to be a great footballing spectacle for the people of Leicestershire and the East Midlands."

Ticket details for the event, which takes place one week before the start of the season, will be announced shortly and they will go on sale at the end of June.

Should be a good little tournament.

Plastic tournament, charging £90 to peer over the fence to watch it. Easy pickings

homer said:
yawn.......

Did you have to get up at 6 aswell Homer? Bus from Hinckley to Leicester at 7.07, bus driver decides to go down the m1. Get to Leicester at 8.25 great fun. Buses replacing trains this week, not a happy bunny.

Heres an idea for the marketing people down at The Walkers. Why not resign from the Football League, form our own league featuring 11 top teams and us from around Europe?

It would be non competetive so we would never have to worry about losing, thus never having to sign any decent players of our own, us fans will turn up to see these magical continentals regardless.

Non competetive Football, not my thing.

Bobby Smith said:
Heres an idea for the marketing people down at The Walkers. Why not resign from the Football League, form our own league featuring 11 top teams and us from around Europe?

It would be non competetive so we would never have to worry about losing, thus never having to sign any decent players of our own, us fans will turn up to see these magical continentals regardless.

Non competetive Football, not my thing.

:lol: :lol: I agree

I'll defo go watch them matches :) Depending on the price aswell , As Scowy said if its £40 a match then i doubt i will being paying them prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757