Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

I’m simply saying that as shit of a team as we currently are, I wouldn’t make us favorites or say we’re likely to pick up points against any opposition, lower (not that there’s many of those) or higher in the table.

So, I take a table like that with a pinch of salt. But that’s just me.

Only thing worse than relegation is finishing 17th and ensuring we have Rodgers in place for next season.

What a ****ing crushing prospect.

Only thing worse than relegation is finishing 17th and ensuring we have Rodgers in place for next season.

What a ****ing crushing prospect.

Would you really say that staying up and keeping Rodgers is worse than getting relegated? Big call.

Would you really say that staying up and keeping Rodgers is worse than getting relegated? Big call.
Possibly not actually, I'll have more free Saturdays I suppose

Possibly not actually, I'll have more free Saturdays I suppose
It's defintely a tough one to say which option is least attractive, which just shows how utterly shit things have become. Ideally we'd stay up and then sack Rodgers and rebuild from there.

It's defintely a tough one to say which option is least attractive, which just shows how utterly shit things have become. Ideally we'd stay up and then sack Rodgers and rebuild from there.

Yep. Staying up and letting him rebuild after losing our only good players would be worse than just taking relegation now and letting a new manager rebuild in the second division.

Do you remember how well that worked last time we were relegated?

Getting relegated certainly isn't a good plan. I've said many times on here that I don't get why the board aren't seemingly bothered about it. From my point of view if it's getting relegated this season or getting relegated next season with a load more shit players to try and shift? The former seems less likely to see us stagnate as a club for ages.

I'm not really sure what your point is.

Nothing is guaranteed. But for the vast majority of teams, matches against lower opposition will statistically generate more points than against higher opposition.
Although up to a couple of games ago, teams who were bottom at the start of the day had a better points per game in their next match than any other position in the bottom half.

Which just emphasises what a much of a muchness we all are

You know, everyone I've spoken to who doesn't support Leicester is baffled by the notion that we could go down. However, I think people are stuck in a mindset of the last few seasons and haven't updated their perceptions.

Yesterday, I spoke to a Manchester United fan (this is south east Cambridgeshire, so naturally they're everywhere).

He said "Leicester are twelfth aren't they?" I said "No, we're one place above the relegation zone, two points off bottom." He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

You know, everyone I've spoken to who doesn't support Leicester is baffled by the notion that we could go down. However, I think people are stuck in a mindset of the last few seasons and haven't updated their perceptions.

Yesterday, I spoke to a Manchester United fan (this is south east Cambridgeshire, so naturally they're everywhere).

He said "Leicester are twelfth aren't they?" I said "No, we're one place above the relegation zone, two points off bottom." He couldn't believe what he was hearing.
We are one win off twelfth place.

Which doesn't feel like it is coming.

Yes the reaction I usually get from non LCFC supporters is “nah, you’ll be fine.” Sometimes with “you’ve got too much quality”. With the suspicion they think you are just being typical football fan doom and gloom merchants.

Then you try and rationalise with the fact Ndidi and Vardy aren’t the same players any more and our complete lack of organisation in defence along with the usual injuries and they lose interest.

All the talk in the pub before the Brentford game was negative, almost resigned to possible trips to Plymouth or Stoke on a wet Tuesday night

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854