Replacement for Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've said, the manager we now need for the rest of this season is different to the one we need to take us forward.

The owners complete lack of action means we now need someone to keep us up, not move us forward long term.

We've ****ed it

Look, if it's going to be Dyche something has gone desperately wrong at the club. I respect him as a man and a manager but he's in no way suited to our club or our squad of players. Can you imagine being one of our more creative or technical players and he walks in? No way.

I'd be staggered if we went for a manager who hasn't been in the PL before. It would go against everything we do. So there is no way we'd go for someone like Hjulmand or Postecoglou or any unproven overseas guy.

I also don't see us paying to get a manager out of a current job. We don't have the spare cash for it and there are too many obstacles. So that probably rules out the likes of Frank (I don't rate him anyway) or people like Emery. It would also rule out people recently out of work like Tuchel who will be stuck in legal hassles over compensation with Chelsea.

Finally, we can't take silly risks. Our predicament is a precarious one. We need someone pretty reliable who can be trusted to make a quick and positive impact. That rules out the likes of Bielsa or Solskjaer that appear (bizarrely) in the list of main candidates.

I reckon it will be Pochettino if he thinks we're about his best shot at getting resestablished in the PL or Benitez if not.
Spot on BN

Like I've said, the manager we now need for the rest of this season is different to the one we need to take us forward.

The owners complete lack of action means we now need someone to keep us up, not move us forward long term.

We've ****ed it
That ship sailed a while ago. I sadly do think we are championship bound. I hope I’m wrong but it’s a depressing and sorry state of affairs.

Everyone in a job is "very happy" to be where they are, rather than at Leicester.

“It’s a very simple answer,” he told reporters when asked if he was interested in the job. “I am here at Brentford, very happy. I am reading very little of these rumours.

“I have been told to be a little aware of it, if I get questions, and of course, it is nice to be linked with it because it is something we have done here and done well. That is positive.”

These foxes in my garden look relaxed, maybe the word on the street has filtered down to them…?

Attachments

• 5132F60B-FAE6-47EB-88E1-97D8CDE5D539.jpeg
    5132F60B-FAE6-47EB-88E1-97D8CDE5D539.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Look, if it's going to be Dyche something has gone desperately wrong at the club. I respect him as a man and a manager but he's in no way suited to our club or our squad of players. Can you imagine being one of our more creative or technical players and he walks in? No way.

I'd be staggered if we went for a manager who hasn't been in the PL before. It would go against everything we do. So there is no way we'd go for someone like Hjulmand or Postecoglou or any unproven overseas guy.

I also don't see us paying to get a manager out of a current job. We don't have the spare cash for it and there are too many obstacles. So that probably rules out the likes of Frank (I don't rate him anyway) or people like Emery. It would also rule out people recently out of work like Tuchel who will be stuck in legal hassles over compensation with Chelsea.

Finally, we can't take silly risks. Our predicament is a precarious one. We need someone pretty reliable who can be trusted to make a quick and positive impact. That rules out the likes of Bielsa or Solskjaer that appear (bizarrely) in the list of main candidates.

I reckon it will be Pochettino if he thinks we're about his best shot at getting resestablished in the PL or Benitez if not.
It's sounds like everything you said after "Something is desperately wrong" points toward Dyche?

Dyche, Frank and (God help us) Benitez are all pretty shite options, let's be honest

If that's all there is, no wonder they're dithering around and shitting themselves about paying squillionty pounds to pay Rodgers off

What a sorry state of affairs

Dyche, Frank and (God help us) Benitez are all pretty shite options, let's be honest

If that's all there is, no wonder they're dithering around and shitting themselves about paying squillionty pounds to pay Rodgers off

What a sorry state of affairs
What makes you think Frank would be a bad appointment? Looks like he's done a good job to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757