Replacement for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Mackster! I'll download it now and delete the software for the others :icon_wink

If you're sticking with XP, just make sure you're using a browser that is not IE and an email client that is not some ancient version of Outlook or Outlook express. The most likely way this unsupported OS will get compromised is through one of those.

I've always used Avast for the free aspect and the lack of noticeable footprint. It must do a decent job as I've never noticed it but I'll take AVG into consideration when the kids get theirs.

Unfortunately I've had to remove AVG (sorry Macky) - it was slowing my pc down something awful.... Avast now installed and its noticeably quicker.

If you're sticking with XP, just make sure you're using a browser that is not IE and an email client that is not some ancient version of Outlook or Outlook express. The most likely way this unsupported OS will get compromised is through one of those.

Stopped using IE years ago for that very reason - using firefox.

Unfortunately I've had to remove AVG (sorry Macky) - it was slowing my pc down something awful.... Avast now installed and its noticeably quicker.
Surprised to hear that Cate, I've never had any issue like that with it, although I'm not sure if I've tried running it under XP. Delighted that you're sorted now though

Surprised to hear that Cate, I've never had any issue like that with it, although I'm not sure if I've tried running it under XP. Delighted that you're sorted now though

XP is probably the problem - thank you for your help though :)

I imagine it's a combination of the latest version of avg mixed with old OS. An older version might run faster, though be less secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669