Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

MA has said that anybody leaving will be replaced, but i doubt he means every player
I think the priorities are :-

DEFENDERS

We need at least 1 central defender (2 if Nikos goes)
Assuming Scimerca goes we need another right back and I think we also need cover at left back now that Davidson has gone (bad decision MA)

MIDFIELD

Our 3 holding\ball winning midfielders have gone, Freund McKinely and Davidson, so this is a priority

With Muzzy going that only leaves Nalis as our creative midfielder so this is another priority

Wide Players

Brooker Gillespie and Guppy gone leaves us with Canero and Morris, assuming Canero is going to play right back this is yet another priority!

Strikers

Benjamin and Wright are the only 2 certainties although I think both Ferdinand and Dickov will be with us, maybe 1 more needed.

Its certainly a lot for MA to sort out

Suggestions

The Motherwell player(Corrigan I think) is a right back/central defender so he is a possibilty to replace Frank/Ricky

MA has bought Cullip twice so it must only be a matter of time before he goes for him again

I think he will look abroad for midfielders, although Frandson has just been released by Bolton, maybe a possibility

Wide men, I would go for Richie Partridge from Liverpool

Strikers
We must do all possible to sign Bent and keep Dickov

Its a big job for MA but most of the big earners have gone, only Elliott and Walker I would think are on big money, and Matt will probably go

Its going to be interesting, stay 100% behind Mickey and let him do the worrying for us, thats his job!

dpjfox said:
MA has said that anybody leaving will be replaced, but i doubt he means every player

DEFENDERS

Assuming Scimerca goes we need another right back and I think we also need cover at left back now that Davidson has gone (bad decision MA)

MIDFIELD

Our 3 holding\ball winning midfielders have gone, Freund McKinely and Davidson, so this is a priority

With Muzzy going that only leaves Nalis as our creative midfielder so this is another priority

Wide Players

Brooker Gillespie and Guppy gone leaves us with Canero and Morris, assuming Canero is going to play right back this is yet another priority!

Strikers

Benjamin and Wright are the only 2 certainties although I think both Ferdinand and Dickov will be with us, maybe 1 more needed.

Suggestions

The Motherwell player(Corrigan I think) is a right back/central defender so he is a possibilty to replace Frank/Ricky

MA has bought Cullip twice so it must only be a matter of time before he goes for him again

I think he will look abroad for midfielders, although Frandson has just been released by Bolton, maybe a possibility

Strikers

Its a big job for MA but most of the big earners have gone, only Elliott and Walker I would think are on big money, and Matt will probably go

Its going to be interesting, stay 100% behind Mickey and let him do the worrying for us, thats his job!

All sounds about right to me, not sure what player he will sign, but if someone comes in for Walker for real money, say 500k or more then gerrard has been released from Everton. Alexandersson has also been released, he used to be good not sure about these days though

Bentley/Jeffers would be good from arsenal(would think both on loan though)

callum is top player but how many games did he get last year? is fitness a decideing factor for MA?

dpjfox said:
I think we also need cover at left back now that Davidson has gone (bad decision MA)

As i stated a few months ago, Calum would not have accepted an offer from Leicester while MA was in charge.

They did not get on at all, i know this for a fact as a close friend knows him and his wife very well

Babylon said:
dpjfox said:
I think we also need cover at left back now that Davidson has gone (bad decision MA)

As i stated a few months ago, Calum would not have accepted an offer from Leicester while MA was in charge.

They did not get on at all, i know this for a fact as a close friend knows him and his wife very well

I overheard him moaning in a leicester restaurant, from what i could gather the dislike was fairly mutual, disappointing though as callum was really good at times last year in midfield and always did ok at left back.

Oh well onward and upward.

Davidson has always had injury problems, so it's no surprise to see him released - He's a good player in my eyes, competent in midfield and defence, but always lacked fitness due to a series of injuries.

Partridge would be a great signing, because he can play both flanks and he is extremely quick. But, I think he's been injured the whole season?

Emerson Boyce would make for excellent voer at right back. Could also release Canero to play on the wing. Obviously Piper would be the most desirable signing on the right hand side though. Ball winners are easy, you can find them anywhere. Tim Shirwood could do a job for a season, but we won do that as we muight aswell have just kept Billy Mac on for another season. Dickov and Scowcroft first chooice strikers, no need for new signings there,

Lboro fox said:
dpjfox said:

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELD

Wide Players

Strikers

Suggestions

Strikers

All sounds about right to me, not sure what player he will sign, but if someone comes in for Walker for real money, say 500k or more then gerrard has been released from Everton. Alexandersson has also been released, he used to be good not sure about these days though

Bentley/Jeffers would be good from arsenal(would think both on loan though)

Alexandersson plays for IFK Gothenburg in Sweden.

It's bizarre how as soon as someone posts something about a Swedish player we have a continental poster from sweden answer our question! It's great, but how do they know something about Sweden has been posted? It's the same with the Finnish posters we have, I love it. It's magical.

Replacements:

STEVE SIMONSEN If Walker goes

defence

MARTYN CORRIGHAN
DAVID MCNAMEE
HAKANPAA
ROBERT HUTH (LOAN)

Midfielders

LIAM LAWRENCE
MATTY PIPER
RICHARD WELLENS
KEIRON RICHARDSON (LOAN)
TOM HUDDLESTONE
RICHIE PARTRIDGE
ROBBIE BLAKE
ESSEDIRI

Strikers

JAVI MORENO
LEON KNIGHT
NACHO NOVO
DEREK RIORDON
LEE TRUNDLE
SCOTT MACLEAN
MARCUS ALLBACK

Can we ever get Pontus back?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
Can we ever get Pontus back?

Alliance & Leicester do that now for us

How much do Alliance and Leicester give us per year?

I've said it a few times before, but i'll say it again! Emerson has just been released from Rangers, he is about 31/32 but definately got some life in him. We will have to sign the odd experienced player, I think he fits the bill.

Malf said:
I've said it a few times before, but i'll say it again! Emerson has just been released from Rangers, he is about 31/32 but definately got some life in him. We will have to sign the odd experienced player, I think he fits the bill.

Yeah but we will need players with a bit of fight and the will to play in Div 1, which he hasn't as per his escapades at boro

I know Malf will agree, Liam Lawerence is the man we need, get in there before Rov Rum they want him.

trickytrev said:
Emerson Boyce would make for excellent voer at right back. Could also release Canero to play on the wing. Obviously Piper would be the most desirable signing on the right hand side though. Ball winners are easy, you can find them anywhere. Tim Shirwood could do a job for a season, but we won do that as we muight aswell have just kept Billy Mac on for another season. Dickov and Scowcroft first chooice strikers, no need for new signings there,

I couldn't agree more, quite suprised Billy Mac was released to be honest.

alex said:
trickytrev said:

I was too, Billy Mac is a legend in my eyes.

rotherhamfox said:
I know Malf will agree, Liam Lawerence is the man we need, get in there before Rov Rum they want him.

Dunno about Malf (well perhaps I do :wink: ), but I certainly agree...the boy looks shy tot.

foxybru said:
rotherhamfox said:

Dunno about Malf (well perhaps I do :wink: ), but I certainly agree...the boy looks shy tot.

What? A timid 2 year old? I think we need an adult really.

rotherhamfox said:
alex said:
trickytrev said:

I was too, Billy Mac is a legend in my eyes.

Too right. We could have kept him for cover as his wages were extremely low in comparison to others. With releasing those 3 players(Freund/McKinlay/Davidson), we only have Nalis in the squad as a recognised central midfielder.

A ball winning midfielder is certainly the priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757