Road Tax: Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Here's my situation:

My road tax expires on 31 Dec and I moved house on Dec 18th. My insurance was renewed automatically on Dec 11th, before I knew where I'd be living. I rang my insurance company to change my address as soon as I knew what that address would be. I have not received my new insurance certificate and therefore cannot get a new tax disc.

What the devil should I do?

Do it on line - if your insurance has been paid then they know - don't need a certificate.

How the **** do you manage to get yourself up in the morning Joe ?:102:

Last edited:
Pure chance Highlander.

Old Git: It takes five working days to get your tax disc online. I have 0 working days.

Pure chance Highlander.

Old Git: It takes five working days to get your tax disc online. I have 0 working days.

I forgot about my tax and did it online 1 day before it was due to expired. Didn't get the disk for 5 days but did get an online proof of purchase.

Depends how badly you need the car.

Here's my situation:

My road tax expires on 31 Dec and I moved house on Dec 18th. My insurance was renewed automatically on Dec 11th, before I knew where I'd be living. I rang my insurance company to change my address as soon as I knew what that address would be. I have not received my new insurance certificate and therefore cannot get a new tax disc.

Get the train :icon_wink

I'm not seeing your logic.

You go online, you pays your money, you're sorted, you move on and start a new thread on tying shoelaces.

What have working days got to do with anything?

I'm not seeing your logic.

You go online, you pays your money, you're sorted, you move on and start a new thread on tying shoelaces.

What have working days got to do with anything?

From 1st January until the date the tax disc arrives, Joe could be done for failing to display.

Here's my situation:

Ask the insurance company to send you a cover note. Take it to the post office and get your tax disc. It's even easier than getting a cheap train ticket.

From 1st January until the date the tax disc arrives, Joe could be done for failing to display.

But they'd know that he was after paying so any cop that tried to do him for failing to display would need to be a complete ****.......ah wait now, yep, I take your point.

haha, classic.

No point asking for a cover note as it won't arrive in time. Apparantly the certificate should arrive tomorrow. It was sent on Dec 23rd. Anyone like to make a bet that it will arrive tomorrow?

haha, classic.

No point asking for a cover note as it won't arrive in time. Apparantly the certificate should arrive tomorrow. It was sent on Dec 23rd. Anyone like to make a bet that it will arrive tomorrow?

Give up Joe.

Try this its cheaper:icon_wink

portraitkrack0150sf6.jpg

Post Offices don't accept print outs Jeff. I guess you just ride around on a chopper all day so have never had to worry about tax.

haha, classic.

I can start a vBookie event if you like? :102:

Post Offices don't accept print outs Jeff.

All Insurance Certificates are printed out. Either at the office of the insurance company, at a brokers or at home - it's just ink on paper - a print-out! Post Offices don't mind where it is printed - makes no difference to them as long as it is a certificate or a cover note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48