Roberto Carlos on his way to Chelski

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Real Madrid director of football Jorge Valdano claims left-back Roberto Carlos will complete a £20m move to Chelsea in the next few days.

The 31-year-old Brazilian star was linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge several months ago but it is reported he will now take up an offer from the Blues which will double his salary to around £120,000 a week.

With new manager Jose Antonio Camacho installed at the Bernabeu in place of Carlos Queiroz, it may be time for Roberto Carlos, and possibly some of Madrid's other star names, to move on following a disastrous finish to the season which saw Real slip to five straight defeats.

Valdano told Spanish daily sports paper AS: "We're waiting for a fax from Chelsea confirming they will pay the £20m fee in order to complete the deal," reports The Times.

Roberto Carlos himself has sent out mixed messages over the weekend.

He told BBC Radio Brazil: "I'm leaving Real Madrid, I'm going."

But after Madrid's 4-1 defeat by Real Sociedad he was adamant he wanted to stay at Real, saying: "I want to stay at Real Madrid and I think my situation will be sorted out in the next 20 days.

"I am certain I will be here next season. I need a rest now, because I have had a lot of years playing a lot of games.

"I will go home to Brazil on Tuesday, my lawyer will call the club and he will sort things out."

I would love to see Roberto Carlos in English Football! I want to also see stars such as Ronaldo and Zidane in the premiership as well......

Never rated Roberto Carlos, perhaps the most over rated player Brazil has produced.

Any link to back this up?

Most people in this country would dream of earning that a year......

£120,000 a WEEK!! Fcuking Stupid!

This just shows what a shit planet this is. £120,000 a week for a over rated twat? Why don't we spread the wealth. I'd love to have one week for Chelski and score 4 own goals, then collect my £120,000 and then get chased by the Russian Mafia who are actually a shit Mafia, Lisa Mafia scares me more. I'd spend £120,000 on a tunneling machine and tunnel up through the Stamford Bridge pitch during a big match before saying "Remember Me?" and then hacking into their big screen to reveal a big hairy ass with the words "Kiss my Ass" written on it in russian lip stick. Then I'd bring up that twat who dived against us in the FA Cup game and kick him in the teeth and say "Penalty!!!" to him in a scouse accent before calling Roman's wife a beetroot salad and waving sarcastically at the crowd. That'd teach them. Wankers.

Joe_Fox said:
This just shows what a shit planet this is. £120,000 a week for a over rated twat? Why don't we spread the wealth. I'd love to have one week for Chelski and score 4 own goals, then collect my £120,000 and then get chased by the Russian Mafia who are actually a shit Mafia, Lisa Mafia scares me more. I'd spend £120,000 on a tunneling machine and tunnel up through the Stamford Bridge pitch during a big match before saying "Remember Me?" and then hacking into their big screen to reveal a big hairy ass with the words "Kiss my Ass" written on it in russian lip stick. Then I'd bring up that twat who dived against us in the FA Cup game and kick him in the teeth and say "Penalty!!!" to him in a scouse accent before calling Roman's wife a beetroot salad and waving sarcastically at the crowd. That'd teach them. Wankers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant stuff, can I subscribe to your monthly readers digest please? That was excellent creative writing.

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

Brilliant stuff, can I subscribe to your monthly readers digest please? That was excellent creative writing.

Yeah sure, Malf I was thinking.
You know my website, shall I share it with you?
We can make it a winner I'm sure.

He is not as good as Wayne Bridge.

They need a right winger and a creative midfield player and as they didnt keep forsell a goal scorer. So they sign a man who has buolt a career over one free kick 6 years ago.

Roberto Carlos is well over-rated IMO,should go well with Hasselbaink another over-rated playerIMO.I watched Hasselbaink on Sky,he insists on taking everything,corners,free-kicks and then makes a complete bollocks of them all.OK he might have been decent years ago but not now.

I wouldnt say Roberto Carlos is over rated. He's good and always has been. Would be wierd seeing a top name player playing in the Prem.

buzzer_b said:
I wouldnt say Roberto Carlos is over rated. He's good and always has been. Would be wierd seeing a top name player playing in the Prem.

Thierry Henry, David Beckham, Ruud van Noistelrooy, Michael Owen, Patrick Viera, Rio Ferdinand and the rest have been doing exactly that. What division have you been watching?

He is ridiculously over rated and is no better than Brisge. Have I already said that? Oh well, one more time can't hurt. Wayne Brisge is abtter footballer than Roberto Carlos.

trickytrev said:
buzzer_b said:

Thierry Henry, David Beckham, Ruud van Noistelrooy, Michael Owen, Patrick Viera, Rio Ferdinand and the rest have been doing exactly that. What division have you been watching?

He is ridiculously over rated and is no better than Brisge. Have I already said that? Oh well, one more time can't hurt. Wayne Brisge is abtter footballer than Roberto Carlos.

I agree. But I don't think it's Claudio Ranieri making these decisions, must be the new coach.......

Scowcroft said:
trickytrev said:
buzzer_b said:

I agree. But I don't think it's Claudio Ranieri making these decisions, must be the new coach.......

Probably not. I would have thought it was somebody at board room level. Maybe Peter Kenyon.

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

Yeah sure, Malf I was thinking.
You know my website, shall I share it with you?
We can make it a winner I'm sure.

Yeah could do mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861