• Ditch VAR completely

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Sack Rodgers in the morning

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine watching us on Sunday and thinking “I want whoever is responsible for this here at my club”.

Its bollocks, they are far too clever for his shit.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Yes, Rodgers will cost them more but, with Chelsea no doubt compensating them quite handsomely for Potter, added to the fact that, unlike other managers currently in other jobs, Brendan Rodgers may be available without us requesting much if any compensation, then they will be able to afford him.

I don't think it's too far fetched.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Yes, Rodgers will cost them more but, with Chelsea no doubt compensating them quite handsomely for Potter, added to the fact that, unlike other managers currently in other jobs, Brendan Rodgers may be available without us requesting much if any compensation, then they will be able to afford him.

I don't think it's too far fetched.
Stop it. It’s like when you buy a lottery ticket and briefly imagine what it would be like to win millions of pounds. You know that it will never happen, yet somehow it’s still disappointing when you don’t win.

Stop it. It’s like when you buy a lottery ticket and briefly imagine what it would be like to win millions of pounds. You know that it will never happen, yet somehow it’s still disappointing when you don’t win.

He's edging everyone. Not gone full cambers but he knows what he's doing.

Upgrade?

Brighton and Hove Albion are not a ****ing upgrade on Leicester City.
Certainly an upgrade in how they are being ran at the moment.

One of the two teams is looking likely to get relegated

Certainly an upgrade in how they are being ran at the moment.

One of the two teams is looking likely to get relegated
At the moment, recently, but if you look at the clubs over the last decade, Leicester are by far the better proposition. Apart from out current league position, I'd argue we're stronger over the next decade too. We just need to ensure we stay in the Premier League, if we don't then obviously Brighton are more attractive.

So there is an actual possibility that Brendan could go to Chelsea, and they would have to pay US a compensation fee....haha....stop it. Still, how much did they pay us for Drinky again?

We could have probably got Potter in the summer. Annoying.

I read that in Thursday's press conference BR wanted sidelined players to 'prove him wrong'. A perfectly valid sentiment until you realise just how many of the squad he's definitely or probably had issues with at one time or another. I reckon we're talking about:

Iversen - reportedly told in the summer that he was available for transfer if Schmeichel stayed or would be back up only.

Soyuncu - publically called out several times last season and this season BR has said he's nowhere near the required levels in training.

Vestergaard - BR has said that his 'profile doesn't fit' whatever the feck that means.

Castagne - dropped this season and held responsible for goals conceded in early matches.

Praet - frozen out ages ago and made available for transfer but nobody would pay our price. BR has repeatedly indirectly said he isn't as good as other members of his squad.

Soumare - picked out negatively several times last season and made available for transfer this summer. Expected to leave but another one who nobody bid enough for.

Mendy - has had more comebacks into the squad than practically any other player in recent history. This is his 7th season here and he's still a bit part player who we'd be happy to sell but seem to keep giving new contracts to.

Iheanacho - performances criticised last season and his mobility questioned. Seems to have been made available for transfer this summer but no takers. Gradually seems to be coming back into picture.

Perez - another one sidelined from the entire squad at times last season and when asked BR said he was selecting players on their contribution in training. A player seemingly randomly selected and dropped.

In addition to these, you've got Justin, Ndidi and Maddison who have been messed about regarding their position constantly this season. Ndidi got randomly dropped too.

Then you've got the case of Tielemans who was initially dropped into the 'B' side in preseason with the obvious expectation that he was going. He didn't and is now sometimes in and sometimes not.

Ricardo and Bertrand are long term injured and Faes is yet to be seen so those three haven't contributed for different reasons.

Who does that leave us with?
  • Ward in goal is a consistent selection despite his poor performances and low confidence.
  • Evans is the constant in defence. Amartey and Thomas have been getting game time despite being nowhere near good enough.
  • Dewsbury-Hall has dropped off a lot from his form in the second half of last season and was dropped for the last game. Albrighton hasn't featured for the first team in the PL at all yet. Barnes has been mainly off form and has been dropped too.
  • Vardy has been well off form and Daka has been mainly sidelined until the last game.
That's 25 players and I can't really pick any out apart from Evans who has had a solid start to the season and he didn't play well for the first three or four games.

The complete lack of consistency in selection and formation together with the shambolic mess in the relationships between BR and his players means there really isn't any option but to sack him is there?

Does anyone seriously expect this to just turn around? A new manager could come in and there is immediately a clean slate for all these players and we suddenly look a decent squad again. Without that, we're going to continue to implode.

If, as seems likely, we don't play now until 3rd October, surely this is the time to make a change and bring in a new manager. The lack of action from the owner is either negligent or he's blind to the mess we're really in. If the manager is unmotivated and has demotivated most of his squad, there is only one course of action that's open.

I read that in Thursday's press conference BR wanted sidelined players to 'prove him wrong'. A perfectly valid sentiment until you realise just how many of the squad he's definitely or probably had issues with at one time or another. I reckon we're talking about:

Iversen - reportedly told in the summer that he was available for transfer if Schmeichel stayed or would be back up only.

Soyuncu - publically called out several times last season and this season BR has said he's nowhere near the required levels in training.

Vestergaard - BR has said that his 'profile doesn't fit' whatever the feck that means.

Castagne - dropped this season and held responsible for goals conceded in early matches.

Praet - frozen out ages ago and made available for transfer but nobody would pay our price. BR has repeatedly indirectly said he isn't as good as other members of his squad.

Soumare - picked out negatively several times last season and made available for transfer this summer. Expected to leave but another one who nobody bid enough for.

Mendy - has had more comebacks into the squad than practically any other player in recent history. This is his 7th season here and he's still a bit part player who we'd be happy to sell but seem to keep giving new contracts to.

Iheanacho - performances criticised last season and his mobility questioned. Seems to have been made available for transfer this summer but no takers. Gradually seems to be coming back into picture.

Perez - another one sidelined from the entire squad at times last season and when asked BR said he was selecting players on their contribution in training. A player seemingly randomly selected and dropped.

In addition to these, you've got Justin, Ndidi and Maddison who have been messed about regarding their position constantly this season. Ndidi got randomly dropped too.

Then you've got the case of Tielemans who was initially dropped into the 'B' side in preseason with the obvious expectation that he was going. He didn't and is now sometimes in and sometimes not.

Ricardo and Bertrand are long term injured and Faes is yet to be seen so those three haven't contributed for different reasons.

Who does that leave us with?
  • Ward in goal is a consistent selection despite his poor performances and low confidence.
  • Evans is the constant in defence. Amartey and Thomas have been getting game time despite being nowhere near good enough.
  • Dewsbury-Hall has dropped off a lot from his form in the second half of last season and was dropped for the last game. Albrighton hasn't featured for the first team in the PL at all yet. Barnes has been mainly off form and has been dropped too.
  • Vardy has been well off form and Daka has been mainly sidelined until the last game.
That's 25 players and I can't really pick any out apart from Evans who has had a solid start to the season and he didn't play well for the first three or four games.

The complete lack of consistency in selection and formation together with the shambolic mess in the relationships between BR and his players means there really isn't any option but to sack him is there?

Does anyone seriously expect this to just turn around? A new manager could come in and there is immediately a clean slate for all these players and we suddenly look a decent squad again. Without that, we're going to continue to implode.

If, as seems likely, we don't play now until 3rd October, surely this is the time to make a change and bring in a new manager. The lack of action from the owner is either negligent or he's blind to the mess we're really in. If the manager is unmotivated and has demotivated most of his squad, there is only one course of action that's open.
No one wants to play for him. That’s why we have 1 point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263