Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Give Rodgers the rest of the season

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Expecting quite a swing in sentiment here...

I have no idea now either. He seems to have turned it round, but he does do this and then think he’s the best and clever anti-Brendan seeps in again.

I like to think I'm pretty good with football opinions. I'm confused on this one.

Unless there is a dramatic drop in form again, I think he will be here until the end off the season.

However, next summer is going to be one of our biggest ever, lots of players out of contract and we need a manager who is going to be here and have a strategy for the next 3 or 4 years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if BR decided it wasn’t for him (especially if we still have no money) and decides to move on.

No point sacking him immediately now, he may as well have the cup game and West Ham game.

But ultimately 14 points from 14 is still a shocker.

Yesterday was convincing but Wolves and Leeds wins were less so. Plus, he’s a ****.

Hencd I voted for reassessing during the World Cup break.

No point sacking him immediately now, he may as well have the cup game and West Ham game.

Yesterday was convincing but Wolves and Leeds wins were less so. Plus, he’s a ****.

You really do hate him don’t you? You can’t even bring yourself to see and admit what an incredible managerial turnaround this is?

We looked awful at the beginning of the season and now we look top 8 material.

Free scoring and a watertight defence, all the stuff we all moaned about not having at the beginning of the season.

There are more than two ****s.

For the first games of the season, virtually all the players were poor and seemingly having no positive attitude. Maddison would say the right things, as ever, and say that they are trying the best, but we were rubbish.

Now, the confidence is so clear to see. Is it all down to that defensive coach?
He should be getting a decent bonus if so.

We were playing poorly and I got the impression that he didn’t really want to be here.

His Ego took a battering but has so far done a remarkable job of turning a complete shit show into something showing promise.

As I don’t really see an obvious successor, I’m happy for him to get his inflated pay check, if he wants to still be here.

As others have said he may wish to move on in the summer if he sees no funds available and players leave.

I can see in my crystal ball him taking a job in Spain.

I can see him bowing out in the summer, as people say. However, I doubt it will be to Spain, there are few clubs with money to spend. I think it's more likely to be Asia or the US, if it's not an ambitious money-laundering Prem team.
At least he thinks his worth and reputation is being repaired, and will probably move on "under his terms".

Yes very unconvincing 4-0 win to extend an unconvincing run of consecutive unconvincing clean sheets to three

For the first games of the season, virtually all the players were poor and seemingly having no positive attitude. Maddison would say the right things, as ever, and say that they are trying the best, but we were rubbish.

Now, the confidence is so clear to see. Is it all down to that defensive coach?
He should be getting a decent bonus if so.
Our defensive coach is still Kolo Touré. We do have a new setpiece coach though.

You really do hate him don’t you? You can’t even bring yourself to see and admit what an incredible managerial turnaround this is?

We looked awful at the beginning of the season and now we look top 8 material.

Free scoring and a watertight defence, all the stuff we all moaned about not having at the beginning of the season.

There are more than two ****s.
We've employed someone who knows what the **** they are doing rather than just plodding along pretending defending corners etc doesn't count.

What’s happened in the last 7 games is what should have happened from the first game
Instead of ducking whinging about no signings , just get on with what we have

Long way to go, but future is looking a lot better

There should be another voting option. 'Don't sack him at all.'

I wouldn't vote for any of the current options.
This makes no sense.

Surely, if you're in the 'don't sack' group then surely you'd still want the opportunity to reassess your options if things went to shit?

In reality, shouldn't every club reassess their options periodically? If we lose the next 10 games 3-0 for instance, would you still want him here?

There is no way that Rodgers will ever 'step down'. His contract is too good and he won't go unless it is with full compensation (i.e. sacked).

There are no more than a handful of clubs in world football that would be able to match his salary and ego. That means that we're as stuck with him as he is with us.

It's very difficult to see where he goes after us unless he can restore his reputation. His only 'progressive' options would require him to be doing better than he is at the moment. That means that he needs one of these clubs to be on the lookout for a new manager just when he's at a high. Very unlikely that both will occur at the same time.

If he has been wise enough to reflect on his own attitude and behaviour over recent months, it would have been obvious to him that he needed to grow up and repair here or his career would suffer.

Much now depends on just how horrific our finances are and what King Power intend to do. I suspect that they are open to selling (Keiron Maguire said that a PL club owned from Asia (not China) were for sale). I think that brakes being slammed onto spending can only really mean that they want out.

Summer 2023 sees a massive reduction in players and wages. It's an ideal opportunity to reset. I doubt that Rodgers will be that keen on it all but he may well accept that it's his best option and he might as well get on with it here. Unless of course new owners come in and dump him (which many new owners do with in post managers).

We're 2 points above the relegation Zone. Recent results are encouraging but we are still far short of where we should expect to be.

Yes very unconvincing 4-0 win to extend an unconvincing run of consecutive unconvincing clean sheets to three
The Everton 2-0 win was much more convincing than the Wolves 4-0. Even you can see that, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263