Timothy Castagne - £18.81m

Cenzig Under - Loan Fee £3.15m

2019 /2020 - £93.87m

Youri Tielemans - £40.5m

Ayoze Perez - £30.06m

Dennis Praet - £17.28

James Justin - £6.03m

Total = £223.47m
Out of 12 signings. I'd say 4 our first choice (or where first choice) and 2 ( Daka/Soumare) the jury is still out on.

4 from £223m

Vestetgaard the only true shocker in the list, Bertrand injury difficult to predict (cue everyone saying they predicted it), the rest have been first team or squad players, Soumare and Daka still with the potential to be good signings as well…

BR whinging still annoying though…

Is there anywhere we can see total spend?

Be interesting to see how that compares

Vestetgaard the only true shocker in the list, Bertrand injury difficult to predict (cue everyone saying they predicted it), the rest have been first team or squad players, Soumare and Daka still with the potential to be good signings as well…

BR whinging still annoying though…

Is there anywhere we can see total spend?

Be interesting to see how that compares

No idea where you'd get accurate numbers from net or actual spend tbh. But the wage bill did go up by £42m/year from 2019 to 2021 accounts.....

Edit - this is quite decent but can't be arsed to check accuracy etc. Obviously out of date as goes to 2021 accounts

Last edited:
Time to sell up, Top.

You’re to blame for the demise of this club.

I can't stand watching more of this.

I still can't pin it all on Brendan. But I've had enough of watching this to know something has to change, and nothing else is.

If we're not going to change the squad - which it seems very unlikely we will or can - then the only thing we can change is the manager.

Fed up of this shit, something needs to breathe new life into this turgid shit

Time to sell up, Top.

You’re to blame for the demise of this club.

To who? Who would pay several hundred million for a club in massive debt that needs huge squad investment? Not to mention the stadium plans.

I'm convinced that he's desperately trying to sell the club and can't.

To who? Who would pay several hundred million for a club in massive debt that needs huge squad investment? Not to mention the stadium plans.

I'm convinced that he's desperately trying to sell the club and can't.
Apparently West Brom were sold for £170m to their current owners.

We must be worth at least double a West Brom

Pretty much sums it up

Rodgers inherited a much better side. All of them four years younger than they are now and several of them pre-debilitating injuries. Rodgers saw Barnes and Maddison improve but the rest have all declined. Now Maddison is injury prone too and Barnes' form has gone off a cliff.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi Tielemans
Albrighton Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Only two of the above have been sold and not one of the positions is stronger now than then. It's a perfect illustration of how to **** up a squad.

Rodgers inherited a much better side. All of them four years younger than they are now and several of them pre-debilitating injuries. Rodgers saw Barnes and Maddison improve but the rest have all declined. Now Maddison is injury prone too and Barnes' form has gone off a cliff.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi Tielemans
Albrighton Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Only two of the above have been sold and not one of the positions is stronger now than then. It's a perfect illustration of how to **** up a squad.
What I’d give for that team now (as it was then).

Clearly this club is in a mess.

• Ownership seem to have checked out. Not heard a peep from Susan Wheelan or Top etc for a very long time.
  • Manager has either checked out or wants to leave and is publicly criticising the club.
  • Players have checked out, with a good chunk of the first team squad either leaving at the end of the season or looking for a move.
  • The development of the ground looks to be firmly on the back burner.
  • Money has dried up, almost completely by the looks of it.
  • Injuries continue to deplete an already weak squad.

I don't know if I would describe us as in a managed decline, or a freefall. If it's managed decline, maybe it could be solved by a new manager coming in and getting a song out of the current squad.

If we're in freefall, as I worry we are, we need to change a lot more than just the manager - and that clear our starts right at the 'Top'.

Clearly this club is in a mess.

• Ownership seem to have checked out. Not heard a peep from Susan Wheelan or Top etc for a very long time.
  • Manager has either checked out or wants to leave and is publicly criticising the club.
  • Players have checked out, with a good chunk of the first team squad either leaving at the end of the season or looking for a move.
  • The development of the ground looks to be firmly on the back burner.
  • Money has dried up, almost completely by the looks of it.
  • Injuries continue to deplete an already weak squad.

I don't know if I would describe us as in a managed decline, or a freefall. If it's managed decline, maybe it could be solved by a new manager coming in and getting a song out of the current squad.

If we're in freefall, as I worry we are, we need to change a lot more than just the manager - and that clear our starts right at the 'Top'.
I said it as a joke originally. But maybe it wasn't after all :

The Curse of the FA Cup

I think it's highly likely that without the cup win Rodgers would have been gone a while ago. So maybe winning it (which I longed for my entire life) Has actually been bad for the club long term. Awful thought.

Wigan
Portsmouth

The football gods don't seem to like it when you steal the FA Cup from the big boys. They punish you for your audacity.

I'm already thinking about how we'll look back on these times in the future. Our current state could cause difficulties for many many years to come.

I'm already thinking about how we'll look back on these times in the future. Our current state could cause difficulties for many many years to come.
If KP can’t prop us up then it could be catastrophic.

If KP can’t prop us up then it could be catastrophic.
Or…. with the squillions of $’s from his book royalties, Prince Harry will swoop in and buy out King Power and call his new venture, Prince Power. He will splash out millions to buy us a whole new squad, then dresses up in full Field Marshal military regalia, sits in the directors’ box (situated in newly renamed “Harry ‘n Megan Forever” stand) and laughs maniacally for 90 minutes as we thrash Aston Villa, utterly humiliating his brother’s favourite team. Arabic consortium teams playing against Leicester will have their best players removed from the field as if they were but chess pieces taken from the board. Leicester City will go on win the Champions League the year Prince William abdicates. Harry is ready to ascend to the throne but is bitch-slapped by Princess Anne and told that he’s been a very naughty boy and to **** off. She seizes the throne and declares Leicester City traitors and executes the team, management and all its fans, which was harsh, but better than enduring relegation from the Premier League. In a final act of mercy, Princess Anne spares the tea lady and sellers of half-and-half football scarves, before making a statement by taking up fox hunting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263