• Give Rodgers until the season stops for the World Cup and then reassess

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

And we go again...

Even after 40 minutes, I feel that this poll has completely lost any merit - it's been open way too long. It's like having a general election that runs for several months and allows voters to change their mind. A poll should be used to produce a point in time reflection of sentiment across a population. Now, if it was possible to look at the history of the poll, and query point in time sentiment, that would be useful, but as far as I can see, that's not possible. Webbo? Any way to do that?

Even after 40 minutes, I feel that this poll has completely lost any merit - it's been open way too long. It's like having a general election that runs for several months and allows voters to change their mind. A poll should be used to produce a point in time reflection of sentiment across a population. Now, if it was possible to look at the history of the poll, and query point in time sentiment, that would be useful, but as far as I can see, that's not possible. Webbo? Any way to do that?
Twat

Why do we need another thread?

Why do we need another thread?

I'm interested to see how much sentiment has changed between now and after the Brentford match. It's completely optional though so don't get stressed out over it.

First of all, I was fortunate to have entirely missed yesterday's performance. I've read through the threads and, sadly, absolutely nothing surprised me.

I can't vote in this thread because none of the options are appealing to me. I think we're being incredibly knee-jerk about it all at the moment. The club will settle down when the window closes. Unsettled players will have to get on with it. We're acting as though this isn't typical of any summer. Whilst the press are reporting on the Fofana situation much more than most, we always have speculation about our better players going. It's part of what it means to be Leicester City.

If Chelsea don't offer £80m+, they can do one and Fofana will have to sort his head out. If nobody offers £20m+ for Tielemans, or £xm for Soyuncu or Vestergaard or Soumare or Mendy or Perez or Iheanacho or whoever else we're open to selling, they'll be here for the forseeable. And they'll just carry on.

The rogue situation is between the manager and his bosses. I have speculated elsewhere on here on what I think is happening and why. This issue is now spreading to his relationships with the players and fans. The players seem distracted and weak-minded and the fans are being treated like pawns in a game we don't understand.

Without significant time to make changes to the squad, BR is comfortably the right person to lead the team forward. We're just asking for trouble making a change in manager right now. The most likely replacement would be Benitez and I can see that really ending in tears.

We need Top and/or Whelan and/or Rudkin to show some fecking guts and take control of whatever the problem(s) are and sort them out. I'm deeply unimpressed with BR over recent weeks but my anger is not in his direction. I'm pissed off with the people that are causing all of this and then hiding behind BR.

King Power have rightly had a massive amount of support and love over their years in charge. However, this isn't unconditional love. It's a transactional relationship and right now, they're short-changing us. Top needs to get his arse over here (if he isn't already) and bang some heads together, read some riot acts, tell us what is going to happen and then make some fecking decisions.

I'm interested to see how much sentiment has changed between now and after the Brentford match. It's completely optional though so don't get stressed out over it.

My vote hasn’t changed for the past 18 months or so. Not sure why two matches would make all the difference, it’s been clear he’s needed to go for ages.

Top needs to get his arse over here (if he isn't already) and bang some heads together, read some riot acts, tell us what is going to happen and then make some fecking decisions.
He was at the game yesterday.

My vote hasn’t changed for the past 18 months or so. Not sure why two matches would make all the difference, it’s been clear he’s needed to go for ages.
That's fine. Like I say, it's optional. Just don't vote.

I can't vote in this thread because none of the options are appealing to me.

May I ask what option would have appealed to you? (decent post by the way).

May I ask what option would have appealed to you? (decent post by the way).

The trouble is that none of us know why the club is paralysed right now. There is obviously something very wrong behind the scenes and relationships appear strained. That means it's impossible to say what should happen with BR.

If he is the cause of it all, of course the right thing to do is get rid. However, I'm doubtful whether it's that simple. Until I have the information, I can't make a decision.

First of all, I was fortunate to have entirely missed yesterday's performance. I've read through the threads and, sadly, absolutely nothing surprised me.

I can't vote in this thread because none of the options are appealing to me. I think we're being incredibly knee-jerk about it all at the moment. The club will settle down when the window closes. Unsettled players will have to get on with it. We're acting as though this isn't typical of any summer. Whilst the press are reporting on the Fofana situation much more than most, we always have speculation about our better players going. It's part of what it means to be Leicester City.

If Chelsea don't offer £80m+, they can do one and Fofana will have to sort his head out. If nobody offers £20m+ for Tielemans, or £xm for Soyuncu or Vestergaard or Soumare or Mendy or Perez or Iheanacho or whoever else we're open to selling, they'll be here for the forseeable. And they'll just carry on.

The rogue situation is between the manager and his bosses. I have speculated elsewhere on here on what I think is happening and why. This issue is now spreading to his relationships with the players and fans. The players seem distracted and weak-minded and the fans are being treated like pawns in a game we don't understand.

Without significant time to make changes to the squad, BR is comfortably the right person to lead the team forward. We're just asking for trouble making a change in manager right now. The most likely replacement would be Benitez and I can see that really ending in tears.

We need Top and/or Whelan and/or Rudkin to show some fecking guts and take control of whatever the problem(s) are and sort them out. I'm deeply unimpressed with BR over recent weeks but my anger is not in his direction. I'm pissed off with the people that are causing all of this and then hiding behind BR.

King Power have rightly had a massive amount of support and love over their years in charge. However, this isn't unconditional love. It's a transactional relationship and right now, they're short-changing us. Top needs to get his arse over here (if he isn't already) and bang some heads together, read some riot acts, tell us what is going to happen and then make some fecking decisions.
That's a fantastic post BN. My sentiments entirely and at last someone has expressed the whole situation accurately. Absolutely spot on. Well done and thanks for taking the time and effort to do it. Magnificent!

It's not the behind the scenes stuff that has me wanting him out in isolation.

I just can't watch him insist we play a way that we aren't particularly good at.

Boring, flaccid football that is only happening because it's on trend.

Fantastic post. Absolutely on the money.

Brilliant BN.

I like it all except the part where you say BR is comfortably the right person to lead the team.

Good post BN. I’m just not sure what Top, Whelan, Rudkin etc can do about performances on the pitch. They have backed BR with transfers but we are one dimensional and mentally frail. This is down to BR and has been brewing for a year now. There is quality in the squad but they need galvanising into a team with more intent and more grit. I think that only a change of manager can do this now and if done soon there is enough time to rescue the season otherwise it could be messy.

I like it all except the part where you say BR is comfortably the right person to lead the team.

Okay. So what is your alternative plan to BR?

I understand the frustration and, believe me, I've seen a lot I don't like from BR, but I don't see where we go next that would give us any confidence of better times ahead.

Benitez? Dyche? Are they really going to make us a better side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263