Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
not buying in some attacking talent in January was a worry decision then its looking terrible right now

Isn't being a supporter easy? Why can't owners see the blinding logic: your manager wins a couple of games - he's the saviour. Your team is going to win every bit of silverware for the next ten years.

Your manager loses a couple of games and he's every vile name under the sun: you sack him and get that manager who wins a couple of games... And repeat, ad nauseam...
Too many club owners think exactly this way, that’s why so many are paying two or three managers at a time.

String the ****er up now!
****ing 'ell we do have some arseholes for supporters.

What was the term, aah yes, fickle boneheads!

As for suggesting Pochettino, please do me a favour....

I don't think anyone is advocating the sacking of him in reality. People are simply venting their spleen about a piss poor performance from the team and a lack of direction from Rodgers that we seem to have carried for some 13 or so games now. That's perfectly fair and not at all hyperbolic. He needs to see the error of his ways quickly though otherwise frustration will turn to sourness and anger. That's when things quickly go badly wrong for a manager.

There's no doubt we need a fresh look at this team. There are some cracking players but we won't ever get the best out of the likes of Maddison, Tielemans, Vardy, Perez etc... unless we invest in some proper support for them. We must let the likes of Choudhury, James, and Iheanacho (controversial I know but he's never going to be good enough for a side wanting CL qualification year in, year out) go I'm afraid as well as the ones who just don't seem to give two shits like Chilwell and Gray. We can do so much better than this rabble but we need wise investment. We need to go back to looking at players like Cantwell, Lewis, McGinn, Grealish, Digne, Calvert-Lewin etc... young(ish) players with desire and a great work ethic, whilst maintaining the older heads like Evans, Fuchs, Morgan and even Albrighton et al to help when the chips are down and players need that little bit of experienced advice.

String the ****er up now!
****ing 'ell we do have some arseholes for supporters.

What was the term, aah yes, fickle boneheads!

As for suggesting Pochettino, please do me a favour....
I love it when people use over the top bollocks to accuse others of over the top bollocks, and can't see the irony. ****ing funny.

Our last 16 games in all competitions - W4 D5 L7 - and two of those four wins were against lower league opposition in the cup (Brentford and Birmingham).

Puels' last 16 games in all competitions - W4 D2 L10 - and all four of those wins were against Premier League sides including Man City, Chelsea and Everton.

Shakespeare's last 16 games in all competitions - W5 D4 L7.

Ranieri's last 16 games in all competitions - W4 D3 L9.

Rodgers has some credit in the bank because we had a great run of results earlier in the season. However, there has to come a point when he comes under pressure from this terrible run of performances/results.

We now have three crucial league games in six days which will go a long way to deciding our season. If we pick up a couple of wins, there will be no pressure on him at all. However, three more winless matches and he's in big trouble.

Can anyone recall him being asked one difficult question from a journalist? He's made so many errors over the last six months without being called on them. He's now able to manage in complete isolation from fan criticism

By that yardstick it's a problem that will solve itself. Brendan will be Prime Minister by Tuesday. Maybe we can get Boris in here?

Number of shots on target in our last 9 games in all competitions:

An average of 3.33. As I’ve said multiple times today, it’s very Puel-esque.

I'd guess most managers continually think a season or two ahead - and hope to be given time for those plans to come to fruition. They need to get the results in the present too though. It's a balancing act.

I suspect Rodgers is working towards his vision using the players he has available, making do sometimes. Assessing who works where etc. That is to say, he wants to play a certain way and the players have to adapt to it. It's not the other way around; he's less inclined to change his broad tactical preferences to suit the players he has. But again, a balancing act. Neither is set in stone.

He may well be thinking, when he makes a substitution, that it's not ideal. That he'd prefer another option, but what choice has he got - he sees a change is needed so there's an element of hope about it.

Fr'instance (and maybe it speaks volumes in one respect), Nacho stayed on the bench yesterday despite Vardy not being in the game (for whatever reason) and us needing a goal, yet he brings Gray on (different tactical reasons, I know, but not my point) Now, I don't think neither Nacho nor Gray feature in Rodgers' longer term plans but he sees a change is needed now and hopes/believes more that Gray might deliver it.

Last edited:
He's the victim of over achievement at the start for me and a badly thought recruitment drive in Jan when we were and are crying out for a winger who can create.

He's quality for me and will show it in the long run I'm sure. Back him.

What seems to go down quite badly with fans (and the public in general) is saying something that is clearly not the case. His positive post match comments yesterday were not warranted and a more realistic assessment of the performance would have provided fans with the confidence that he can see what's wrong and has a plan to fix it.

“We maintained our belief in the game. We kept pushing. It was a hard one to take because I thought we were very good in the game. It’s a performance that will give the boys confidence going forward, it was much more like our game.”

Anyone can see that's just a nonsense. For 75 mins we didn't threaten almost at all, so I doubt there's much confidence being taken from that.

He has to stay. If we get into a habit of getting rid of managers for 10 game blips with a young squad and forget who we are, how long is it before we become Sunderland?

Or worse, we get Mark ****ing Hughes?

There are things he can do better. Let's hope he manages it.

Any talk of the manager going is ****ing stupid.

There is a lot that we can improve on at the moment but for the life of me I can't see any other of the half-witted football management brigade that we'd get sorting it out any better than Rodgers can.

The biggest thing for me is that we instil a more ambitious mindset into the players. If that means ****ing off happy to lose saps like Chilwell then so be it.

Any talk of the manager going is ****ing stupid.

There is a lot that we can improve on at the moment but for the life of me I can't see any other of the half-witted football management brigade that we'd get sorting it out any better than Rodgers can.
Are you suggesting Sam Allardyce or, erm.. I dunno.. Alan Curbishley wouldn’t be just as good?

He's the victim of over achievement at the start for me and a badly thought recruitment drive in Jan when we were and are crying out for a winger who can create.

He's quality for me and will show it in the long run I'm sure. Back him.

Agree with all of this. We have a massive gap for a winger. The club knows this, and has tried but failed so far to bring in the right player.

But getting that player would go a long way to helping. Im hoping we get 2 this summer, Barnes and Perez become subs, and we move Gray on.

To those complaining about BR's positive spin during interviews: How would you feel if your boss were to ridicule you in public?

I'm sure that he knows, better than me, the strengths and weaknesses of his team but, until he can get the right player, on the right deal (both transfer fee and wage), he has to get the best from what he's got. You build a team from the positives: your tackling is great, now let's improve the passing NOT by yelling about weakness to all and sundry.

Where did you get the idea that the media was there to inform?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757