Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is very wrong there. He's just lost bite. It's not the loss of a crowd it's much, much more than that. He looks unfit. He is not even shouting and screaming as he normally does. He just seems to be going through the motions. It's actually quite sad to watch. Rodgers has to address it one way or another.

I'd say it's a routine thing.

Every player in the country had to suddenly stop just at the very point of the season when normally you'd be winding up for a big push if you were playing for a side that had things to go for (as we did) Then they've had to keep ticking over somehow while having no idea if or when they were coming back. Then they've had to play back to back games continually at the wrong time of year.
Some players will handle this better than others. I think Vardy is one who's handled it badly. Disruption to a normal rhythm can be damaging mentally as well as physically.

I'd say Vardy was a perfect candidate to be ****ed by it as he's both a) an aging player & b) has a game heavily reliant on pace. That's a perfect storm for producing a collapse I reckon.

Problem is, the only way it can be solved is for him to play his way out of it. Let's hope there's time.

I'd say it's a routine thing.

Every player in the country had to suddenly stop just at the very point of the season when normally you'd be winding up for a big push if you were playing for a side that had things to go for (as we did) Then they've had to keep ticking over somehow while having no idea if or when they were coming back. Then they've had to play back to back games continually at the wrong time of year.
Some players will handle this better than others. I think Vardy is one who's handled it badly. Disruption to a normal rhythm can be damaging mentally as well as physically.

I'd say Vardy was a perfect candidate to be ****ed by it as he's both a) an aging player & b) has a game heavily reliant on pace. That's a perfect storm for producing a collapse I reckon.

Problem is, the only way it can be solved is for him to play his way out of it. Let's hope there's time.
He needs a strike partner

It’s not just Rodgers though the senior players aren’t showing much onfield leadership of late, there is only so much any manager can do

Strange how our players seem to do this under every single manager over the last 5 years.

Something wrong internally, whether key players who have been here for the whole time are having a negative impact or something else.

To start strongly under every single one of them and then seemingly look like you don't even give a shit after the 1st year is very concerning to me.

Strange how our players seem to do this under every single manager over the last 5 years.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It struck me when I read a number of folk remarking that we'd reverted to playing Puelball; the comparison is there but broader than just Puel I reckon. We do seem to reach a high and then seem to think 'job done' and back off. Perhaps Puel was right to cry 'intensitee'

Maybe there is a mentality at the club that successive managers have been unable to overcome. As if, having reached that high, we think 'party time is here again' and become complacent. Maintaining that positiontakes graft, as much graft as it took you to get there, you can't just get there and start thinking it's plain sailing there after.

main issues for me are:
average age of team, difficult to maintain consistency when you've never done it.
physicality - we have a lot of the same stature of player (5ft 10, 10/11stone), outside of central defence. I think we get outfought when we are not 100% on our game.
lack of an effective alternative plan A, or midgame plan B. Every other side in the top 6 has it but we don't. Liverpol have Origi and the Ox who have got them out of big shit in the league and champs league. Man City have Jesus and umpteen wide players / attacking midfielders to rotate, Chelsea have Giroud, Barkley, Pedro, Loftus Cheek, Hudson-Odoi to come in if Mount, Pulisic, Willian and Abraham don't fire. Man Utd can rotate Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Ighalo and James now that they have Pogba and Fernandes settled in midfield, Wolves have Jimenez and Jota as a contrasting top 2 - with Neto, Dendoncker and Traore increasingly rotated in an around.
For us, Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, Maddison, Tielemans and Perez have all stopped making valuable contributions at the same time and can't graft their way out of shit form becuase they don't have the base line physicality to do it.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It struck me when I read a number of folk remarking that we'd reverted to playing Puelball; the comparison is there but broader than just Puel I reckon. We do seem to reach a high and then seem to think 'job done' and back off. Perhaps Puel was right to cry 'intensitee'

Maybe there is a mentality at the club that successive managers have been unable to overcome. As if, having reached that high, we think 'party time is here again' and become complacent. Maintaining that positiontakes graft, as much graft as it took you to get there, you can't just get there and start thinking it's plain sailing there after.
Or it could be just as simple as " Right, I've done enough to get my big move now " Horrible thought I know. but I'm thinking it more & more.

" Right, I've done enough to get my big move now "
Quite, the cynic in me thinks the same, if you are looking for a move to Big Club (esp. CFC, MU, TH ) why would you work your socks off for LCFC to cement a CL place when you would be denying your potential future club that same slot?
Anyway -qualification is still in our hands - we only have to match the results of the teams in contention below us for the rest of season - and we are there. COYB!

Managing your team out of what was pretty much a nailed on CL place is not going to look good on anyone's CV.

Managing your team out of what was pretty much a nailed on CL place is not going to look good on anyone's CV.
The buying club would use it as an excuse to knock £20 million off the fee, saying we'll he's never played CL football or ever helped a club qualify for CL

So, presumably all the 'Rodgers Out' doommongers will give him maybe another week now? :)

I am not saying sack him but my god he needs to start being honest with himself.

Well I think I’ve seen enough. I think it’s time he went.

21 points from 19 games. That’s half a season of terrible, terrible form. That’s before you even take into account being dumped out of both cups with barely a whimper.

The amount of times we’ve stunk out the first half of matches and he does ****ING NOTHING. Then we’re winning at half time comfortably and he takes off a striker and changes formation.

He’s lost the plot. Time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758