Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a manager who is willing to do whatever it takes to get a result.

Just once when we are chasing a game I’d like us to act like it. It was the thing I hated most about Puel and increasingly it’s the trait I can’t abide in Rodg’ers. It’s a simplistic example but whatever happened to chucking a centre half up and going direct. The amount of time we spend going backwards is ****ing infuriating. When was the last time Fuchs used his long throw? The lack of urgency is damning.

They don’t need bollocking. They are grown men.

what they need as a group is some ****ing honesty. Something is wrong. You don’t fix things that are wrong like this by shouting randomly. This team needs some ****ing truth.

I want a manager who is willing to do whatever it takes to get a result.

Just once when we are chasing a game I’d like us to act like it. It was the thing I hated most about Puel and increasingly it’s the trait I can’t abide in Rodg’ers.
What could he do today? We were 1-0 up and two minutes later 2-1 down with 10 men. He brought Harvey on immediately.

It’s squad depth, not manager. We don’t have the players that the top 4 have on the bench.

What could he do today? We were 1-0 up and two minutes later 2-1 down with 10 men. He brought Harvey on immediately.
He'd already taken a striker off for a defensive midfielder. In bringing on Barnes he took off Perez, our best player...... He could have just left everything the **** alone at half time to start with.

well, let’s see.

not take off Nacho for a defensive midfielder might have been a preemptive start.

then removing Ndidi or even Praet for Barnes instead of Perez

Our entire first half performance was driven by the direct running of Perez and the link up between the front 3. Rodgers deigned to rip the guts out of our best attacking performance in ages.

Even at that, if you are going to go long when you need to get to 2-2 put someone up there for Vardy to feed off of, even if it’s ****ing Bennett.

It's what I like about Wolves and Sheff U; they know how to rough it up, go direct and generally shithouse results. All this knocking it around at the back waiting for a gilt -edged opportunity to present itself is easy to defend against (if there's no creative endeavour) Sometimes I get pissed off with us trying to look like a decent, controlled football team when there's no sense of urgency with it. We've been rumbled and we've yet to come up with an answer.

They don’t need bollocking. They are grown men.

what they need as a group is some ****ing honesty. Something is wrong. You don’t fix things that are wrong like this by shouting randomly. This team needs some ****ing truth.

I think most of us are using ‘bollocking’ as shorthand for strong leadership, tbf. Honesty about what’s going wrong doesn’t need to be delivered by shouting, you’re quite right.

I’ve no idea what happens behind closed doors but I can’t bring myself to believe that tough conversations are happening. I think we are all about adhering to an aesthetic ideology rather than a winning ideology. I’d love to have both. But if I could choose one....

He'd already taken a striker off for a defensive midfielder. In bringing on Barnes he took off Perez, our best player...... He could have just left everything the **** alone at half time to start with.
Absolutely agree, bad sub at half time.
Perez was shite in the second half, and I’m talking about a reaction to chasing the game, which I believe he did nothing wrong.

I’m fact I would argue that it was his half time changes to formation against Palace that changed the game and helped get us the win.

Absolutely agree, bad sub at half time.
Perez was shite in the second half, and I’m talking about a reaction to chasing the game, which I believe he did nothing wrong.

I’m fact I would argue that it was his half time changes to formation against Palace that changed the game and helped get us the win.
He was forced into a change by Chilwell's injury in that game.

Perez wasn't as effective in the 2nd half because Rodgers was ****ing stupid enough to change the shape and personnel. In terms of chasing the game, perhaps job no. 1 would have been to give Perez the chance to do what he was doing in the 1st half by giving him more attacking support rather than hauling him off.

well, let’s see.

not take off Nacho for a defensive midfielder might have been a preemptive start.

then removing Ndidi or even Praet for Barnes instead of Perez

Our entire first half performance was driven by the direct running of Perez and the link up between the front 3. Rodgers deigned to rip the guts out of our best attacking performance in ages.

Even at that, if you are going to go long when you need to get to 2-2 put someone up there for Vardy to feed off of, even if it’s ****ing Bennett.
If you take out Ndidi, we don’t get the ball back to have another attack. Surely you don’t think 1 center half against Wilson and Solanke is the answer for the last 30 minutes? Or should we just take off Schmeichel and put Matty James up front because that would show that BR cared about the result.

He was forced into a change by Chilwell's injury in that game.

Perez wasn't as effective in the 2nd half because Rodgers was ****ing stupid enough to change the shape and personnel. In terms of chasing the game, perhaps job no. 1 would have been to give Perez the chance to do what he was doing in the 1st half by giving him more attacking support rather than hauling him off.
We weren’t forced to change the formation, we had Fuchs who could have replaced Chilwell like for like.

If you take out Ndidi, we don’t get the ball back to have another attack. Surely you don’t think 1 center half against Wilson and Solanke is the answer for the last 30 minutes? Or should we just take off Schmeichel and put Matty James up front because that would show that BR cared about the result.

Right-O.

We weren’t forced to change the formation, we had Fuchs who could have replaced Chilwell like for like.
we didn't change system vs Palace, we moved Albrighton to the left and brought on Bennett, we were already playing with a back 3

we didn't change system vs Palace, we moved Albrighton to the left and brought on Bennett, we were already playing with a back 3
I missed that then, thought we were 4 at the back first half. Either way he scrambled it around, still could’ve brought Fuchs on for Chilwell but knew to get Bennett on so he could clatter into Zaha ASAP.

I’m just a bit seething after throwing away top 4 and the opportunities that come with it. it was so bad it led me back to this forum after several years out. I now just feel ashamed that I rose to the new superscouts on here.

I don't know who said it or in which thread but, yes, Rodgers lost the plot yesterday. He shit himself. He bottled, we bottled. He changed something that didn't need to be changed, not at that point anyway. Why? Because he got scared and wanted to protect what we had? It was nonsensical and, worse, cowardly. No decent manager ****s up like that, it wasn't even a pressure situation, we had the game under control. No, we weren't caning them but they offered no threat (other than to themselves)

Yes, they would come out in the 2nd half with a possibly renewed vigour, shape and tactics. That was to be expected, but you deal with it when it happens and don't attempt to preempt it. Respond to it when you see it. We were in the driving seat, there was no threat. Rodgers crapped himself. That's a manager that can't handle (non) pressure situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263