Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to believe we gained points from Rodgers in game management. I believe the opposite to be true now.
Yeah this is the worrying bit isn't it, he's gone from making changes that you can see the logic of that work and win games to effectively sabotaging the team at every opportunity. Bizarre

Ffs, so much emphasis on Brendan?!! What about the fact that Kasper single handedly ****ed it up yesterday? He apologised, we accept it and move on. There is nothing Brenda could have done to prevent the Kasper Car Crash whether Kelechi was on the pitch or not. Cags’ behaviour was frustrating and together he and Kasper conspired to utterly balls this all up.
Bournemouth are not as bad a side as their position suggest but bereft of confidence. Once they had some they duly ripped in to us.

Ffs, so much emphasis on Brendan?!! What about the fact that Kasper single handedly ****ed it up yesterday? He apologised, we accept it and move on. There is nothing Brenda could have done to prevent the Kasper Car Crash whether Kelechi was on the pitch or not. Cags’ behaviour was frustrating and together he and Kasper conspired to utterly balls this all up.
Bournemouth are not as bad a side as their position suggest but bereft of confidence. Once they had some they duly ripped in to us.

Yep, with or without Kelechi on the pitch, that should not have happened.

Brainless from Kasper and Soyuncu.

I think the half time change was stupid, but should not have led to that capitulation on the pitch

alex, me old mucker

Yesterday was simply the end point of the last six months' slide down into utter mediocrity - it summarised perfectly everything that has happened during our appalling approach to restart, and the result neatly sums up where we are right at this minute. We were rattling along swimmingly - Brendan steps in at half time, and we fall apart completely

Please don't pretend that Bournemouth are anything but piss poor relegation fodder, because they really aren't.

Solanke FFS ? I rest my case

Individual cock-ups on the pitch, for sure, but the Buck stops with Rodgers

He's ****ed up big time

I just can't believe that he genuinely thought no changes were required at half time in the Brighton game but they were needed yesterday.

I'm gobsmacked that anyone could draw that conclusion.

He tried to nullify a threat that wasn't there, we were bossing that game.

He presides over this flakey attitude that we seem to have as well, so he takes some blame for the players reactions on the pitch.

I just can't believe that he genuinely thought no changes were required at half time in the Brighton game but they were needed yesterday.

I'm gobsmacked that anyone could draw that conclusion.

He tried to nullify a threat that wasn't there, we were bossing that game.

He presides over this flakey attitude that we seem to have as well, so he takes some blame for the players reactions on the pitch.
Spot on.

To make it worse, at the Brighton match there were no changes until the 69th minute, never mind half time.

I’m still absolutely fuming.

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if Rodgers can handle it at the pointy end.

The comparisons with other substitutions in other games is interesting. Why did he think a change was required at halftime yesterday? Isn't that a departure from his MO? He could have hung on until the hour mark to see how Bournemouth came out 2nd half. He wasn't resting players either, it was tactical. He was responding to a threat that wasn't there. It's possible he panicked.

Maybe he f-ed off to Celtic to ease the pressure that he feels when it gets tight. Maybe he can't handle the heat too well. Maybe he thought, after his time in the SPL, that he'd learned to handle it.... and last night it came back and bit him. A talented coach maybe but not a 'squeaky bum time' manager.

Think how Ranieri handled our run in in our championship year. He had the players relaxed and focused, doing what they did best. We're all at sea now in comparison and you have to wonder if that comes from the manager.

I don’t think it’s time yet but I cannot argue with those that do, I think that’s says it all about this mess.

The decision not to strengthen in January was criminally negligent

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if Rodgers can handle it at the pointy end.

The comparisons with other substitutions in other games is interesting. Why did he think a change was required at halftime yesterday? Isn't that a departure from his MO? He could have hung on until the hour mark to see how Bournemouth came out 2nd half. He wasn't resting players either, it was tactical. He was responding to a threat that wasn't there. It's possible he panicked.

Maybe he f-ed off to Celtic to ease the pressure that he feels when it gets tight. Maybe he can't handle the heat too well. Maybe he thought, after his time in the SPL, that he'd learned to handle it.... and last night it came back and bit him. A talented coach maybe but not a 'squeaky bum time' manager.

Think how Ranieri handled our run in in our championship year. He had the players relaxed and focused, doing what they did best. We're all at sea now in comparison and you have to wonder if that comes from the manager.
His tenure at Liverpool would go some way to suggesting that there is truth in that there post me old mucker.

He shits his pants

He shit his pants against Liverpool and Man City at Christmas
He shit his pants in the semi final games against Aston Villa
He completely shit his pants in a bad way with his team selection against Brighton
And he shit-bombed the whole ****ing world at half time yesterday, when we looked like we could score five or six

He's a coward

He shits his pants

He completely shit his pants in a bad way with his team selection against Brighton
And he shit-bombed the whole ****ing world at half time yesterday, when we looked like we could score five or six

He's a coward
So much shit. It's like a review of Hollyoaks.

He shits his pants

He's a coward

I agree with all of that apart from thinking we looked like we could score 5 or 6 yesterday. We didn’t look that good. We looked comfortable enough against a poor side but we created sod all and I hoping for rather than expecting more goals.

The first half was better than what we’ve been used to recently but it was still pretty tepid.

We need Martin Allen to plant some flowers and stand on the centre circle randomly before the next game. That’ll fix all this shit.

I agree with all of that apart from thinking we looked like we could score 5 or 6 yesterday. We didn’t look that good. We looked comfortable enough against a poor side but we created sod all and I hoping for rather than expecting more goals.

The first half was better than what we’ve been used to recently but it was still pretty tepid.
Without looking at the stats, I believe we registered 11 shots before they managed one. It wasn’t that we were especially good, but they were so, so awful. They looked like the hastily-assembled works team of a pie factory. Within half an hour we turned them into Juventus.

Rodgers has called on the team to ‘show their mettle’. Meanwhile Man U are laughing their titties off along with the rest of the league. Unfathomable capitulation, but we have at least obligingly played our part. They didn’t want Leicester ruining the established order and we have obliged.

Mettle. I bet no one is doing this in our dressing room...

680935ED-BD6A-46E7-A799-CA10F502AAEB.jpeg

It’s a shame we have to wait until Thursday to get it out of our system

It’s a shame we have to wait until Thursday to get it out of our system
Thursday is going to taste just as bad.

No Chilwell, no Pereira, no Söyüncü. Who is coming into the Defence? Morgan and Fuchs? James is too inexperienced for this situation for me. I’m not sure I want to see Bennett again.

No proper wingers really except for Gray. We have never replaced Mahrez with even 50% of the quality. No Maddison, and when he does play it seems that in 2020 it makes Tielemans totally ineffective. Albrighton is probably out, but he is seemingly a shade of what he was in 2015/16. We’ll probably play two DMs. The ball won’t be passed forward.

We have no character. What has struck me from these lockdown games is just how quiet we are.

Its no good looking for characteristics now in people who don’t have those characteristics. Some might learn them in time, but not by Thursday.

I’m afraid the horse has bolted. When we were high we were exceptional, but that was a different 11 to what is now at our disposal. That golden 11 is crocked. What is at our disposal are a bunch of squad players with not much by way of quality.

In summary it is over for this season. Foxes never quit, except when they do. If we didn’t quit then the alternative is far more chilling. That alternative is that Foxes are showing relegation form and are likely to carry it into next season.

Without looking at the stats, I believe we registered 11 shots before they managed one. It wasn’t that we were especially good, but they were so, so awful. They looked like the hastily-assembled works team of a pie factory. Within half an hour we turned them into Juventus.

Shots aren’t the same as chances though. You can float a shot from 4 yards out and it isn’t a chance. The only chance other than the goal I can remember (and I may well have forgotten something) was Vardy being played in by one of their defenders. The closest we came to creating something ourselves was from Fuchs’ cross after a clever corner, but even that is pushing it. We did nothing from open play. We haven’t for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757