Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too often he's overly cautious. Bringing on Choudhury last night was a prime example - and it doesn't work.

I also struggle to think of the players that BR has improved in his time with the club. Yes Vardy has changed his game a bit (although I think BR is quick to take too much credit for this) and Harvey Barnes has started to come through (although you would have expected him to do so as he got more game time), but I wouldn't say our backroom team have worked with a player to really develop their game - as Pearson's team did with Vardy and with Marhez. In fact I would say that some of our team seem to have gone backwards - particularly Maddison.

The firing of Dave Rennie still nags away at me too. Here's a guy who could work with the worst of them, but BR seems to be the one to break it?
As you say Barnes is improving, he also gets more out of Iheanacho than any of our other managers, and you could argue that Ndidi uses the ball better now, and Soyunchu is getting better and better.

Kasper, Evans, Tielemans, Vardy, Preat, Ricardo, Justin, Perrez and Chilwell have at least maintained their levels under him.

Maddison was a big disappointment last season.

Keeping our players fit and developing our reserves to be ready to step in seems to be our big downfall IMO.

Maybe BR was ignoring Rennie's advice, until the point came when they could no longer work together?

Maybe. Or maybe Rennie had been taking his eye off the ball and not keeping the players as fit as he should've?

We have no idea.

Maybe. Or maybe Rennie had been taking his eye off the ball and not keeping the players as fit as he should've?

We have no idea.
Rennie wouldn't be responsible for keeping them fit he would be treating injuries and doing recovery work. The fitness coaches keep them fit

...and combining 2 threads, perhaps Rennie was the leak source and we now know that Rodgers don't like moles.

...and combining 2 threads, perhaps Rennie was the leak source and we now know that Rodgers don't like moles.
No chance of a Jamie Scowcroft return then?

But.... Rodgers is the one playing him more?
Only when we’re desperate and even then he never plays him for 90 mins. We needed a goal yesterday and he took him off, that’s not exactly showing faith in him. Took him off at half time at Bournemouth last season after he has created our goal.

For a guy with a reputation of being such a good coach, I can’t think of m/any players who have improved under him who wouldn’t have anyway. Soyuncu for example, has improved because he has now played a full season in the Premier League. Had he done that under any manager he wouldn’t have got worse. Schmeichel certainly hasn’t maintained his level under Rodgers. Maybe it’s a natural regression at this stage of his career but he certainly isn’t under any pressure from the manager to improve to maintain his place. Vardy’s game has adapted. And maybe that’s all down to great foresight by Rodgers. Or maybe it’s natural that a 33 yr old wouldn’t be making as many runs as he did at 28.

Has a single youth player progressed under him? Now maybe that’s because they’re all shit and beyond hope, who knows? Barnes is a bettter player now than he was 18 months ago, but the same obvious flaws are there in his game.

I don’t think we couldn’t do better than Rodgers (and no I don’t have a name in mind).

Only when we’re desperate and even then he never plays him for 90 mins. We needed a goal yesterday and he took him off, that’s not exactly showing faith in him. Took him off at half time at Bournemouth last season after he has created our goal.

For a guy with a reputation of being such a good coach, I can’t think of m/any players who have improved under him who wouldn’t have anyway. Soyuncu for example, has improved because he has now played a full season in the Premier League. Had he done that under any manager he wouldn’t have got worse. Schmeichel certainly hasn’t maintained his level under Rodgers. Maybe it’s a natural regression at this stage of his career but he certainly isn’t under any pressure from the manager to improve to maintain his place. Vardy’s game has adapted. And maybe that’s all down to great foresight by Rodgers. Or maybe it’s natural that a 33 yr old wouldn’t be making as many runs as he did at 28.

Has a single youth player progressed under him? Now maybe that’s because they’re all shit and beyond hope, who knows? Barnes is a bettter player now than he was 18 months ago, but the same obvious flaws are there in his game.
Mendy and Iheanacho go from being shit to being decent and you’re not giving him any credit at all. Whatsoever.
Be fair....

Mendy and Iheanacho go from being shit to being decent and you’re not giving him any credit at all. Whatsoever.
Be fair....
Mendy is much improved, that's totally fair. But for the most part, I don't see the end results of good coaching.

I think to discuss what BR earns is pointless, he has an agent who will be working behind the scenes to ensure his client gets the best deal.
When it comes to recruitment, I'm pretty certain that the Covid situation has had massive ramifications on spend from King Power. Again, not a great deal BR can do about this. Conjecture aside I think the players in so far look good - most notably Timothy Castagne who looks a steal.
Crucially we have had some really bad luck when it comes to injuries. N'Didi, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison, Vardy are all players that would grace and improve most teams on the planet, pretty hard to build a squad with like for like replacements.

I think to discuss what BR earns is pointless, he has an agent who will be working behind the scenes to ensure his client gets the best deal.
When it comes to recruitment, I'm pretty certain that the Covid situation has had massive ramifications on spend from King Power. Again, not a great deal BR can do about this. Conjecture aside I think the players in so far look good - most notably Timothy Castagne who looks a steal.
Crucially we have had some really bad luck when it comes to injuries. N'Didi, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison, Vardy are all players that would grace and improve most teams on the planet, pretty hard to build a squad with like for like replacements.
It’s C’astagne, R’icardo, S’öyünçü, M’addison, V’ardy, and p’lanet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263