Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the 2nd half of Rangers v Celtic. I was genuine!y surprised how poor it was. It put a few things into perspective too. Not interested in Edouard nor Moreos. Not surprised Benko shone. Maybe it was just a poor match and not a fair representation of general standard but at times it was a mess, a kick and rush schoolboy shambles. An amateurish sending off too, almost laughable!

I think if I were Lennon or Gerard, I'd wonder wtf I'd done to deserve such purgatory.

I've not seen it for years. Due to family reasons i used to see plenty of Scottish football and not just the old firm games. Back in my day there was the likes of Larsson, DiCanio, McCoist, Kanchelskis etc.......granted there was some absolute shite in there too, but there were 3-4 genuinely decent players on either side. Given that people can't go and vocally be bigots due to the pandemic I'm surprised they're still bothering. It's genuinely all the league has left.

I watched the 2nd half of Rangers v Celtic. I was genuine!y surprised how poor it was. It put a few things into perspective too. Not interested in Edouard nor Moreos. Not surprised Benko shone. Maybe it was just a poor match and not a fair representation of general standard but at times it was a mess, a kick and rush schoolboy shambles. An amateurish sending off too, almost laughable!

I think if I were Lennon or Gerard, I'd wonder wtf I'd done to deserve such purgatory.
I, too, watched the second half. Considering that was supposedly the pinnacle of Scottish football you are right. No quality and a poor sending off.

I was well up for Lennon at one point, think he was Bolton manager... Maybe when we sacked Pearson but didn’t really. Shows what I know.

There it is. Make no mistake Rodgers would snap their hands off if offered.
Of all the “big clubs”, this is the one that makes the most sense. They’ve got enough money to pay us off, unlike Arsenal (I also doubt Spurs would do it). His history at Liverpool probably rules out a return to them or a move to Man Utd. I don’t think Man City would consider him a big enough name and my hope is that Chelsea would feel similar, but in that he has a link to there, it would at least potentially open the door for him. Let’s face it, they were willing to give the job to a bloke who had limited experience at Derby, even if he was a former player, so Rodgers would be a comparative veteran.

My instinct is that they’ll go for Tuchel or Allegri, both out of work.

But if they decide Rodgers is #1 we will be looking for a new manager sharpish.

Hassenhuttel would be the logical replacement.

My instinct is that they’ll go for Tuchel or Allegri, both out of work.

But if they decide Rodgers is #1 we will be looking for a new manager sharpish.

Hassenhuttel would be the logical replacement.
That's how I see it too.

That's how I see it too.

It would be a shame, I think Leicester is custom built to Rodgers skill set and that he’d continue to grow as a manager and Leicester as a club.

But he’s very ambitious and would believe he could be at Chelsea for a decade despite all evidence to the contrary.

It would be a shame, I think Leicester is custom built to Rodgers skill set and that he’d continue to grow as a manager and Leicester as a club.

But he’s very ambitious and would believe he could be at Chelsea for a decade despite all evidence to the contrary.
Hopefully it won't come to that. I'm not saying I agree with everything he does, but I've long thought he's a good match for us as a club (and suggested him in here long before he was appointed) and I genuinely think we're a good match for him. All hypothetical at the minute, anyway, but will be interesting to see what happens.

Sacked after 19 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758