Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My instinct is that they’ll go for Tuchel or Allegri, both out of work.

But if they decide Rodgers is #1 we will be looking for a new manager sharpish.

Hassenhuttel would be the logical replacement.
he'd be my first choice if Rodgers left, I also like Thomas Franks at Brentford

I think hopeful is one of the least likely emotions one might experience while bobbing in someone’s car
eeerrr... I wasn't suggesting that he might have been hopeful whilst shitting; just personally hopeful that he had had the courage to do what many of us would have liked to have done. I can't think of a better place for mucky slops and sincerely hope that he had recently devoured and only-partially digested a dodgy curry.

Of the other candidates, John Terry would be the funniest.
Wouldn't it though. From Lampard to Terry, like dumb and dumber. Frying pan to fire. Once bitten, stick your hand in a piranha tank. All those sort of analogies. A club that wouldn't learn from its mistakes.

I don't like Terry at all, he'd f*ck your wife as soon as look at you. A shifty lying cowardly ****. And, yes, another Mr Chelsea. Doesn't say much about the club, or its 'faithful'. Lahndun cants the lot of 'em.

Edit: Apologies. This post was brought to you by (coincidentally/ironically) London Dry Gin.

Chelsea don't tend to take a manager from another club in season, usually, if they sack someone during the season they appoint an interim manager so I'm not worried about him going before the summer.

Another name should Rodgers leave though would be the Salzberg manager Jesse Marsch

Following his arrival at Liverpool, Rodgers appeared to poke several digs at Chelsea by suggesting he was now at a "big club".

Correct. However, BR realised his error and has privately made serious efforts over recent years to repair the damage done in the relationship with the Chelsea hierarchy. I cannot remember where I read/heard this but the belief that he had no chance of ever managing Chelsea is no longer the case.

BR is the current favourite to be the next Man City manager, and second favourite to be the next Arsenal manager too. Chelsea may well see him as a safe option.

The issue will not be BR - he will ditch us in a heartbeat - it will be the compensation we have in his contract which is thought to be up to £20m. A club spending that money and then sacking him within a year - which is always a potential scenario at Chelsea - might put them off.

Correct. However, BR realised his error and has privately made serious efforts over recent years to repair the damage done in the relationship with the Chelsea hierarchy. I cannot remember where I read/heard this but the belief that he had no chance of ever managing Chelsea is no longer the case.

BR is the current favourite to be the next Man City manager, and second favourite to be the next Arsenal manager too. Chelsea may well see him as a safe option.

The issue will not be BR - he will ditch us in a heartbeat - it will be the compensation we have in his contract which is thought to be up to £20m. A club spending that money and then sacking him within a year - which is always a potential scenario at Chelsea - might put them off.
They spent £70m on their sub goalkeeper. £20m for a manager is peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757