Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The salaries of the Chelsea line up last night (according to spotrac)

Mendy - £75k p/w
James - £100k p/w
Rudiger - £100k p/w
Silva - £110k p/w
Chilwell - £190k p/w (yes really)
Mount - £88k p/w
Kovacic - £100k p/w
Havertz - £140k p/w
Hudson-Odoi - £120k p/w
Abraham - £58k p/w
Pulisic - £159k p/w

None of these players would consider signing for us because they can make much more where they are. Chilwell was on £65k a week with us last season. Do you not think that his team mates are well aware of how he has increased his income by leaving us?

Maguire went from £90k p/w at City to £190k p/w at Man Utd. And so on.

Money talks and we don't have anything like enough to compete with these clubs.
Holy. Flaps.

The salaries of the Chelsea line up last night (according to spotrac)

Mendy - £75k p/w
James - £100k p/w
Rudiger - £100k p/w
Silva - £110k p/w
Chilwell - £190k p/w (yes really)
Mount - £88k p/w
Kovacic - £100k p/w
Havertz - £140k p/w
Hudson-Odoi - £120k p/w
Abraham - £58k p/w
Pulisic - £159k p/w

None of these players would consider signing for us because they can make much more where they are. Chilwell was on £65k a week with us last season. Do you not think that his team mates are well aware of how he has increased his income by leaving us?

Maguire went from £90k p/w at City to £190k p/w at Man Utd. And so on.

Money talks and we don't have anything like enough to compete with these clubs.
If there was a salary cap, like there should be, we'd piss this league

Chilwell surely canNOT be on 190-k a week. That is far, far beyond taking the piss and his agent should be knighted for such ludicrous robbery.

Chilwell surely canNOT be on 190-k a week. That is far, far beyond taking the piss and his agent should be knighted for such ludicrous robbery.

Maguire and Chilwell are first choice for England in their positions. Chilwell's agent would have known what Magure was on and demanded the same as Maguire got. Chilwell is also 3 years younger so offered Chelsea more of a resale value than Maguire.

Chilwell is the top paid player at Chelsea. Given they are paying the reserve keeper £150k p/w and Drinkwater is still on £100k p/w, I don't think they are that bothered about it.

Chilwell is the top paid player at Chelsea. Given they are paying the reserve keeper £150k p/w and Drinkwater is still on £100k p/w, I don't think they are that bothered about it.

Those numbers are scary/crazy/unreal/wrong/ludicrus/pathetic.

Fair play - If you do very well at work you should be paid accordingly. If you are one of the best in the country/world at your job you should be paid as such. A player that sits on bench or trains with actual footballers and is paid millions a year? What?

The ammount of wages paid by clubs such as Chelsea is crazy.

Anyway, their world is not my world.

On the other hand, there is a limit to having more money than sense. They assume that the market value of a player being high must mean they are a legend. They blindly follow the rules of the market. That's how they often spend so much on absolute shite like maguire and chilwell.

I saw they had the Leicester stats a few weeks ago and had Youri down as on £35k per week - which obviously he's not. I would disregard those figures

I think Chilwell gets a bit of a rough ride from a lot on here but **** me, £190k a week is insane!!

And to be fair, any sane person would change jobs for 3 times their salary let alone the amount footballers are on!

Still though, £190k a week for Ben Chilwell is just lunacy.

Maguire and Chilwell are first choice for England in their positions. Chilwell's agent would have known what Magure was on and demanded the same as Maguire got. Chilwell is also 3 years younger so offered Chelsea more of a resale value than Maguire.

All valid points. But still. Jeeeezus

I think Chilwell gets a bit of a rough ride from a lot on here but **** me, £190k a week is insane!!

And to be fair, any sane person would change jobs for 3 times their salary let alone the amount footballers are on!

Still though, £190k a week for Ben Chilwell is just lunacy.
:icon lol: I can sense the torment in your post.

I feel the same way, in that I think he’s a good player, albeit still with a couple of weaknesses and it’s not his fault that footballers are ridiculously overpaid. But feck me, £190k per week is still a bit woah.

Why obviously?
Because I highly doubt any agent worth his salt is going to allow a club record transfer fee to be paid, whilst their client earns the same per week as Matt Eliott did in 2001.

Because I highly doubt any agent worth his salt is going to allow a club record transfer fee to be paid, whilst their client earns the same per week as Matt Eliott did in 2001.

It does seem a bit far fetched. But if Chilwell can earn £190k ffs...Youri could be paid 30 Freddos a week and it would seem about as silly.

If we've sold Maguire and Chilwell for about £130m it makes you wonder what buying one of our better players would cost.

It's all hearsay and guessing. We know **** all about how much these players earn and neither do we have a right to. All that matters is, when it comes to wages, we aren't going to be able to pay the same as the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool or even Arsenal. Spurs however, that's another matter.

Yeah but, yeah but, yeah

We pay their wages and all that. I demand to see their full contract and all payments made to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757