Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news for the rest of the PL. Their squad is excellent.

Yep, I agree

Some great players there currently being managed by a clueless buffoon

Top four squad with a proper manager leading them up

He seems mildly incompetent and just bleats and moans about his players being crap.

They’re a horrible, plastic club with horrible, plastic players.

Surprised it lasted this long to be honest. I’m sure Fat Frank thinks he’s too good for most other clubs now, he’ll probably end up at Celtic.
I'm certain this is exactly what will happen.
The media will not be able to resist the Lampard vs Gerrard story.

What do you do after flaming out at your dream job at such an early stage of your career?

Bomb out at Celtic, then get given a chance at a hopeless championship backwater, let’s go with Sheffield Wednesday, then a cushy pundits job.

What do you do after flaming out at your dream job at such an early stage of your career?

Bomb out at Celtic, then get given a chance at a hopeless championship backwater, let’s go with Sheffield Wednesday, then a cushy pundits job.
This. Even Roy Keane has a promotion on his CV....

Bad news for the rest of the PL. Their squad is excellent.

Yep would prefer they kept Lampard.

Their squad is very good on paper, although I do think it lacks a bit of balance which I think is something Lampard has struggled with and why he can't settle on a team. Too many central players.

Although I'm sure a better manager would be able to find a better solution to that then Lampard has. And maybe their squad looks more imbalanced because of how he's been using it.

Tuchel might be able to come in and see what Werner and Havertz did so well in the Bundesliga that hasn't converted yet in England. Or hopefully he will have the same struggle as them to adapt.

So true. Its why I think Gerrard is on a much better career path.

Lampard has had his first job and will surely now struggle to make a career where he gets a top job again.

In contrast, it looks like Man United have done the right thing for them by having given Solskjaer more time to turn things around after they were so close to being on the verge of sacking him.

Apparently when at Swansea, Rodgers said talking the Chelsea job would be career suicide.

Apparently when at Swansea, Rodgers said talking the Chelsea job would be career suicide.

He'd still take it now if they offered it to him

He'd accept it in heartbeat

Thankfully it looks like they won't

Well I don't think the Chelsea squad is that good. For me, Abraham and Mount are vastly overrated. Kante is on a downward curve. The keepers are shit. Kovacic and Jorginho are sideways players. I could go on.

Chelsea seem to be much less cautious than our ownership and buy players/sign managers who are currently in the limelight thinking this will automatically lead to success. Tuchel has won, what, one german cup and some autopilot trophies with PSG? But he's on an exclusive list of people who aren't that good but are talked about by journalists at the moment. He'll be sacked in a season or so and they'll bring in the new equivalent of him.

I reckon they've become unbalanced (Chelsea that is) because FL was like a kid in a sweetshop.

There's a very decent selection of players there (as others have said) but it's a matter of combining them in the right way, and of some judicious pruning. I wouldn't have any of our former 3 back though (well, you might be able to make an argument for Kante that'd win me over!)

I reckon they've become unbalanced (Chelsea that is) because FL was like a kid in a sweetshop.

There's a very decent selection of players there (as others have said) but it's a matter of combining them in the right way, and of some judicious pruning. I wouldn't have any of our former 3 back though (well, you might be able to make an argument for Kante that'd win me over!)

Apparently the only player he wanted signing was Chilwell. He also badly wanted Declan Rice to add to his midfield (a sensible signing if you look at the gaps they have in their side) but they told him they wouldn't sign a former member of their academy.

He also wanted to punt a load of the old guard but couldn't shift them.

The Athletic article about the whole saga is really thorough and well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757