Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the only player he wanted signing was Chilwell. He also badly wanted Declan Rice to add to his midfield (a sensible signing if you look at the gaps they have in their side) but they told him they wouldn't sign a former member of their academy.

He also wanted to punt a load of the old guard but couldn't shift them.

The Athletic article about the whole saga is really thorough and well done.
Yeah I read that earlier. They’ve been talking about his job being under threat for a bit now, obviously got some decent sources.

...and here was I thinking FL was the manager and had a say in who was being signed :rolleyes:
He was Head Coach so not as involved as some in the transfer policy, which was probably sensible with such an inexperienced coach and so much money being spent, but predictably it resulted in players being signed who the coach had no real plan of how to use them.

It has probably been mentioned but Talksport were banging on about BR leaving City and perhaps going to Chelsea.

I'm glad that potential door has closed for Brendan with Tuchel looking like the probable appointee. I'm not even sure that Rogers would go if he was asked, there is a massive sorting out to be done there and I think Adrian Durham massively overplayed the history and size of club aspects of a potential move. The more important thing in my opinion is where each club is now and I'd rather be at Leicester than Chelsea for sporting reasons, though I'd bet Chelsea pay better wages.

So will we gain a reputation now as a Chelsea manager slayer having despatched the 'Special One' 5 years ago as well?

So ’that‘ season Vardy had a groin op mid season, and Chelsea sacked their manager after we beat them in the league

Ooyah....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758