Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win the FA Cup and finish in the Top 4 I would like Brenda to give a Press Conference and declare that there is now a Big 7 and he is managing this one into next year’s Champions League!
I'd rather he said there was now a big 5 which includes Leicester and doesn't include any club from North London.

Christ there’s some miserable bastards on here sometimes.

It is well reported that Rodgers asked for financial backing (transfer wise) from the board at Celtic and was repeatedly knocked back, this I am lead to believe was at least part of the reason he became disinterested.

He is being backed here, and I also believe that he isn’t as mercenary as some suggest, maybe, just maybe he has what he wants AT THE MOMENT and doesn’t need another ‘mid-level’ challenge?

I'd rather he said there was now a big 5 which includes Leicester and doesn't include any club from North London.

Well Arsenal have won the FA Cup a few times in recent years.
Spurs are a complete fraud though. 60 years since they won the League and 30 years since they won the FA Cup!

Spurs? Celitc Reserves are bigger/better than Spurs.

Ah good, turn Monday night football on and it seems they are talking about Rodgers’ future.

I personally think BN is right. He’d happily leave here on a high after completing his “project”.

Actually maybe I was wrong, they were talking about Rodgers’ work here but didn’t mention Spurs whilst I was watching - but I assume that’s how the conversation started

Actually maybe I was wrong, they were talking about Rodgers’ work here but didn’t mention Spurs whilst I was watching - but I assume that’s how the conversation started

It's where do spurs go next? After the break....

It started simply by talking about Rodgers. Spurs weren’t mentioned.

Will Rodgers move on? Of course. To a top 6 PL club or top European club? More than likely. Are Spurs either of those things? Are they bollockchops.

Spurs for flaps sake. Honestly, some of the shit on here at times :043:

He'd be absolutely mad to go to Spurs. Arsenal, after a big money takeover though, that's a different proposition and maybe worth getting the agent to advertise your possible availability for...

Has Brenda said what his ‘project’ here is? Establish us as a Top 4 club?
Win the League again?
Win the Champions League?

What’s the appeal of Tottenham, exactly? They won the League Cup nobody quite remembers how many years ago? Well so did Birmingham. They’re in London? So are Charlton.

Oh but wHaT aBoUt hIsToRy

Liverpool, Everton, both Manchesters, Arsenal, Chelsea, Forest, Derby, Ipswich, Leeds, Villa, Blackburn and Leicester have all won the title in the six decades since Tottenham’s most recent win. 30 years and counting since an FA Cup final. Since then, finals have featured Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Villa, Southampton, Millwall, West Ham, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Stoke, Wigan, Hull, Palace and Watford.

Their very name has become a euphemism for ****ing something up. They have an absolute maximum of three players who might get in our team, two of those only if someone is injured.

By any measure other than pound notes, their status as a “big six club” is a complete scam. They’re an overrated garbage club run by a complete dickhead, and only an equivalent moron would leave the position Rodgers is in now to join that circus of failure.

**** Tottenham and **** anyone who aspires to be Tottenham.

Rodgers will leave at some point, given how confident and ambitious he is, and he will have a choice of some of the biggest clubs in world football if he maintains our current trajectory.

I would be very surprised if he saw Spurs as a 'step up' from us though, it's embarrassing how they are included as a so called 'big' club.

To turn them into a 'big' club they will need to spend £150m plus per season for next 4/5 seasons and history tells us that will not happen.

Over the last 5 seasons they have spent £419m and we have spent £411m gross (Transfermarkt).
Net they have spent £205m and we have spent £93m. Hardly a significant upgrade.

Given there debts there future spend will probably drop as well.

Managers only ever leave because they are doing a shit job, or because they are doing a phenomenal job. I'd sooner he left for the latter than the former, wherever he goes. But yeah, Spurs are not a step up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757